PREVENTATIVE MEASURES

"Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind."

[Refictionalized 12 Dec 2012]

PREVENTATIVE MEASURES

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:24 pm

AS SOME OF YOU HAVE NOTED, THIS FICTIONAL SEEMS MORE PRONE TO CAUSING CHAOS THAN ANY SO FAR, AS A RESULT OF THE BUMBLING NATURE HE WAS WRITTEN WITH. WHILE WE HAVE MANAGED TO TEMPORARILY OCCUPY HIM WITH THE LIBRARY, WE CANNOT POSSIBLY BE THERE FOR HIM AT ALL TIMES, AND LEFT UNCHECKED, A MORE DEADLY SLIP UP IS INEVITABLE.

THUS, WE SUGGEST THAT MEASURES ARE TAKEN TO QUIXOTE-PROOF REALITY, LABELING OBJECTS WHICH MAY BE ESPECIALLY CONFUSING TO HIM WITH HELPFUL MESSAGES. SEE EXAMPLE:

warninglabel (1).jpg
warninglabel (1).jpg (14.57 KiB) Viewed 3864 times

THE LINK TO THIS WEBSITE SHOULD HELP TO PREVENT DISTRESS AMONG HAPLESS CIVILIANS WHO ARE NOT SURE WHY THESE THINGS WOULD NEED CLARIFYING -- WE RECOMMEND ITS INCLUSION.

THIS SITE COULD BE USEFUL IN THESE EFFORTS: http://www.warninglabelgenerator.com/

THOSE WHO POST PICTURES DETAILING THEIR LABELING EFFORTS WILL BE NOTED FOR THEIR EFFORTS.
Mr. Administrator

Re: PREVENTATIVE MEASURES

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Pfffffffbahahaha.

That is the best site ever.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm not taking a trip to Seattle for this. :shock:
UPD: No, really. Do we have to? It's unlikely there are a lot of tropers in his vicinity.
Last edited by Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm

OK, I take back any trolling I might have done/been planning to do to you, Mr. A. I'm your new fan. Hmmm... now what to do with this site... AH! I know! I'm totally linking this to my brother! This should be good. If he agrees that is...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm sure leaving the messages on his twitter will work fine.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

This is mine.
Attachments
warninglabel.jpg
warninglabel.jpg (13.8 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Dryunya wrote:I'm not taking a trip to Seattle for this. :shock:

WE BELIEVE THAT THE PICTURES OF THE LABELED OBJECTS THEMSELVES MAY BE OF USE, WERE THEY TO BE SENT TO DON QUIXOTE. LABELS PLACED IN AREAS OUTSIDE OF SEATTLE COULD THEREFORE STILL HELP OUR BUMBLING KNIGHT, AS LONG AS THEY WERE DOCUMENTED AND RELAYED TO HIM.
Last edited by Mr. Administrator on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Oh boy, here comes my brother..... Brace yourselves.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:LABELS PLACED IN AREAS OUTSIDE OF SEATTLE COULD THEREFORE STILL HELP OUR BUMBLING KNIGHT, AS LONG AS THEY WERE DOCUMENTED AND RELAYED TO HIM.

Point taken. I need to find some sticky notes now...
Is there a time limit of Quixote-proofing? (Damn, like that word :mrgreen: )

Mr. Administrator has edited his post, which means he does mistakes, nyah-nyah-nyah. :gurt:
Last edited by Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:39 pm

This is another one I made. Hi, Scion's brother!
Attachments
Warning Label 2.jpg
Warning Label 2.jpg (14.58 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Guyshane on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:40 pm

This should be fun :twisted:
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 pm

I think after we're done, the whole thing can be submitted right on Cracked. :gurt:
Sicon112 wrote:Oh boy, here comes my brother..... Brace yourselves.

AMimsyBorogove, amirite?
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Made for Don Quixote.
Attachments
warninglabel.jpg
warninglabel.jpg (19.86 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Dryunya wrote:I think after we're done, the whole thing can be submitted right on Cracked. :gurt:

If someone does, let me know. That is something I want to see. Also, I'm not sure exactly why my brother is taking this long to post, but he assures me it is for something "magnificently marvelous". I am beginning to think this was not the best idea I have ever had...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 3780 times
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 pm

If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Question to Mr. A: is it OK that we post the signs here?
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Dryunya wrote:Question to Mr. A: is it OK that we post the signs here?

I think he wants us to place them around where we live. Leave the watchthefootage.com part, it'll hopefully attract others to help us.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Here is one I made to put on this statue here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_to_the_Sky

skylabel.jpg
skylabel.jpg (18.16 KiB) Viewed 3766 times

I'll post a picture when I actually put it on =)
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Greetings and salutations, everyone! I seem to be a little late to the party, but it's getting monotonous having my manipulative mastermind of a maniacal madman simply informing me of the occurrences of late pertaining to that wonderfully wonky wall of ours. Consequently, I've decided to throw my hat in the ring - although sadly, I have none, mad as I may be. Still, our Cheshire friend is more than enough in that regard.

So, without any further delay, I present to you a few of my simple signs.

Huh. Seems all my images are broken. ONE MOMENT, PLEASE!
Last edited by AMimsyBorogove on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Way too much Added Alliterative Appeal in this message to not expect something epic. :gurt:

UPD: I can't really get in the whole label business at least until morning. It's exactly midnight here right now. Also, my printer is black-and-white. :(
UPD2: Aaand it's unlikely that the people will take it kindly to the weirdo posting some english notes around. :?
Dryunya

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, this is awkward. After going to all that trouble to make my entrance a memorable one, I find that my computer is incapable of viewing the Warning Label image files, and thus incapable of uploading them to a site which I can actually link to, circumventing my initial issues. How... awkward.

My apologies. Here, have a bad pun as a consolation prize.

Last edited by AMimsyBorogove on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:04 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:Well, this is awkward. After going to all that trouble to make my entrance a memorable one, I find that my computer is incapable of viewing the Warning Label image files, and thus incapable of uploading them to a site which I can actually link to, circumventing my initial issues. How... awkward.

My apologies. Here, have a bad pun as a consolation prize.

Wait, how, they are just JPEGs, are they not?
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

That's why I'm so confused, Wakamakamu. It says that it can't read files of that format - I.E., JPEG - but then I can go and open other JPEG files without issue.
Just an Ordinary Black Magician...
AMimsyBorogove

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:That's why I'm so confused, Wakamakamu. It says that it can't read files of that format - I.E., JPEG - but then I can go and open other JPEG files without issue.

Save the file on your computer an upload it as an attachment.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Don Quixote