Main Witch Discussion Topic

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Victin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 pm

"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby BlackWolfe on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Okay, I laughed. Randall Munroe, why are you so amusing to me?
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:37 am

So, trolled the Witch a little more. Because why not? She is already pissed off beyond belief from what I can tell, so it's not like this will actually HURT. In fact.... it may just help. HehhehhehhehMUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! :twisted:
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 am

So, guys, while I was gone it looks like I got an answer, and it looks like someone is claiming responsibility for my cold. Meta says that it is most likely the GMs just rolling with the timing coincidence, but there are two things about that that are making me doubtful. See, first, the GMs actually can find me if they want to. During the first stages of the game, without thinking, I sent out an e-mail related to the plot from an account that I had been using previously for some other, more serious matters. It was only one e-mail before I realized that a part of my true name was attached to said message and edited the personal information on the account. However, said "one e-mail" just so happened to be my application to the Witch right after her ad was found.

Then the second thing, which is by far the weirdest. Good news and bad news. First the good news: I got a few hours of sleep last night, and now I feel much better, though the strange taste is still there. Bad news: I got a few hours of sleep last night and now I feel much better, though the strange taste is still there. This means that most of my condition was me being sleep deprived. I'm not even sure I was sick in the first place, because honestly I've never heard of a cold that only has the single symptom: everything tastes like horrible, horrible banana and something else jello. So.... yeah. That is a thing and I do not like where it is leading. Just in case, please excuse me while I turn my just-for-fun!traps into actual death!traps...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Sicon112 wrote:During the first stages of the game, without thinking, I sent out an e-mail related to the plot from an account that I had been using previously for some other, more serious matters. It was only one e-mail before I realized that a part of my true name was attached to said message and edited the personal information on the account. However, said "one e-mail" just so happened to be my application to the Witch right after her ad was found.

:shock:
:?
:| ?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Checkmate.

[edited by Ed on 2013-05-09: Looks like this link expired. Sophira told me that she uploaded it to https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4IvvYa ... lkNWM/edit, though.]
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Checkmate.

What is this I don't even
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm

I...
I don't even. :shock:

THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.
All the limes! Infinite limes NOW! :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:

(And it's canon now. Sicon is a puppetmaster.)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Dryunya wrote:I...
I don't even. :shock:

THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.
All the limes! Infinite limes NOW! :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:

(And it's canon now. Sicon is a puppetmaster.)

XD Actually just playing a role alongside Gms isn't enough to make you a puppetmaster but what the hell this is Sicon and HE SHOULD BE.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Well, an explanation of what just happened is in order.

Roughly an hour ago I was sitting down for that audio log, just in case, since I couldn't get my hands on a camera in time. Well, at that point, it seems the Witch SOMEHOW got into the first floor of my house. She bypassed the front door lock AND the trap attached, so before she could get any further I triggered the recorder in a side room to play what sounded like me trying to hide. She fell for it easily, seeing as my post here seemed to be afraid of her. The moment she turned into the hallway, a bucket of flour fell on her head, disorienting and blinding her as she stumbled into the room, the door of which was ajar. My bokken was made into a sort of pendulum and swung down to hit her in the head when she triggered it by the opening door. That knocked her sideways into a bit of netting between the posts of an old bedframe I dragged up from the basement. The posts detached from the frame and tied up in the netting as it collapsed inward under her weight. In order to ATTEMPT to stop her magicing her way out, I had tangled a bunch of spare wiring in the net and hooked it up to a socket that activated with the light switch. I ran in and got ready to flip the switch if I had to, and also got my water gun on the way, but she was faster than expected and hurled all of the trap parts across the room, then disarmed me before I could move to fire.

Realizing I was in trouble, I managed to backpedal and maneuver her towards the base of the stairs. To her, it looked as though I was stumbling backwards and then landing on the steps, but while I fell I managed to get a string tied to the banister under my hand. That was my makeshift deadman's switch. The string was the same color as the paint, and was carefully wrapped around the banister and stapled to the wallpaper so as to keep it out of sight. It attached to a bucket on a hook right above an overhang in the stairwell, and on the other side of the bucket was a counterweight. The moment I let go of the string, by design or by force, the bucket flips over and dumps water on the base of the stairs. After a few tests, I determined that this was my fastest trap, with a total runtime of .67 seconds till I estimated the water would dissolve the Witch's skull and hit her brain. However,a s her previous speed showed, that wasn't fast enough. I doubt if I had triggered it she would have escaped, but then, I don't think I would have either.

Well,t hat was the point Poirot made his timely arrival, and was then promptly turned into a croissant for his trouble. A croissant with a mustache. Look, my life stopped making sense about the time Mimsy starts going mad, OK? I was GONNA get the Witch when she turned to curse him, but she kept her eyes on me almost the whole time. She had to have know I had SOMETHING in reserve, or at least suspected. She came close to attacking me there, and I was about to have to try and convince her of her impossible situation. Namely, if she attacked me, no one would help her and she would be trapped here, either to be killed by Cthulhu or have her magic sealed off once more. However, Poirot came up with a different plan, and I just rolled with that instead.

After that, there isn't much left to tell... Now please let me go get this backdoor trap deactivated, it involves a rather nasty solution made from toilet bowl cleaner that could probably melt human skin, so.... I REALLY need to get it down before someone trips it.
Last edited by Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:After that, there isn't much left to tell... Now please let me go get this backdoor trap deactivated, it involves a rather nasty solution made from toilet bowl cleaner that could probably melt human skin, so.... I REALLY need to get it down before someone trips it.

I would tip my hat to you, if I had one, but I don't believe there is an appropriate hat for you right now.

Is there a hat perchance, made of pure, concentrated badass?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 pm

So, what ACTUALLY happened? :geek:
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:After that, there isn't much left to tell... Now please let me go get this backdoor trap deactivated, it involves a rather nasty solution made from toilet bowl cleaner that could probably melt human skin, so.... I REALLY need to get it down before someone trips it.

I would tip my hat to you, if I had one, but I don't believe there is an appropriate hat for you right now.

Is there a hat perchance, made of pure, concentrated badass?

Well, it was a solution of the acids used in the cleaning solvent, except I managed to get rid of a significant amount of the water involved. So, highly concentrated dosage of acid, plus enough water content to probably melt her skin delivering the acid direct to her muscle structure.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 pm

But, you know, you could just elevate Pixie's "Witch Hunter" title for me to cannon
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Sicon112 wrote:But, you know, you could just elevate Pixie's "Witch Hunter" title for me to cannon

There has never been a more appropriate time. ;)
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Well, an explanation of what just happened is in order.

Roughly an hour ago I was sitting down for that audio log, just in case, since I couldn't get my hands on a camera in time. Well, at that point, it seems the Witch SOMEHOW got into the first floor of my house. She bypassed the front door lock AND the trap attached, so before she could get any further I triggered the recorder in a side room to play what sounded like me trying to hide. She fell for it easily, seeing as my post here seemed to be afraid of her. The moment she turned into the hallway, a bucket of flour fell on her head, disorienting and blinding her as she stumbled into the room, the door of which was ajar. My bokken was made into a sort of pendulum and swung down to hit her in the head when she triggered it by the opening door. That knocked her sideways into a bit of netting between the posts of an old bedframe I dragged up from the basement. The posts detached from the frame and tied up in the netting as it collapsed inward under her weight. In order to ATTEMPT to stop her magicing her way out, I had tangled a bunch of spare wiring in the net and hooked it up to a socket that activated with the light switch. I ran in and got ready to flip the switch if I had to, and also got my water gun on the way, but she was faster than expected and hurled all of the trap parts across the room, then disarmed me before I could move to fire.

Realizing I was in trouble, I managed to backpedal and maneuver her towards the base of the stairs. To her, it looked as though I was stumbling backwards and then landing on the steps, but while I fell I managed to get a string tied to the banister under my hand. That was my makeshift deadman's switch. The string was the same color as the paint, and was carefully wrapped around the banister and stapled to the wallpaper so as to keep it out of sight. It attached to a bucket on a hook right above an overhang in the stairwell,a nd ont he other side of the bucket was a counterweight. The moment I let go of the string, by design or by force,t he bucket flips over and dumps water on the base of the stairs. After a few tests, I determined that this was my fastest trap, with a total runtime of .67 seconds till I estimated the water would dissolve the Witch's skull and hit her brain. However,a s her previous speed showed, that wasn't fast enough. I doubt if I had triggered it she would have escaped, but then, I don't think I would have either.

Well,t hat was the point Poirot made his timely arrival, and was then promptly turned into a croissant for his trouble. A croissant with a mustache. Look, my life stopped making sense about the time Mimsy starts going mad, OK? I was GONNA get the Witch when she turned to curse him, but she kept her eyes on me almost the whole time. She had to have know I had SOMETHING in reserve, or at least suspected. She came close to attacking me there, and I was about to have to try and convince her of her impossible situation. Namely, if she attacked me, no one would help her and she would be trapped here, either to be killed by Cthulhu or have her magic sealed off once more. However, Poirot came up with a different plan, and I just rolled with that instead.

After that, there isn't much left to tell... Now please let me go get this backdoor trap deactivated, it involves a rather nasty solution made from toilet bowl cleaner that could probably melt human skin, so.... I REALLY need to get it down before someone trips it.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. My house is filled with echoes of my laughter, now. (Amanda's gonna be pissed. BONASUS.)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Is there any version of the audio file that doesn't make me download whatever player sendspace wants me to download? Cuz I really need to hear this now.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:Is there any version of the audio file that doesn't make me download whatever player sendspace wants me to download? Cuz I really need to hear this now.

There should be no download. It opens direct to windows media player for me. Could someone stick it in a google doc?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby S_o_S on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Sicon... I just... I cannot handle you right now. I cannot even.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Sicon112 wrote:There should be no download. It opens direct to windows media player for me. Could someone stick it in a google doc?

Turned out I was clicking on the wrong button. Downloads fine for me now.
JackAlsworth

Postby Adell on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Nice work, Sicon!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm

I can't understand exactly what's going on, the audio doesn't play so well. The audio Sicon posted, anyways.

But what and how exactly you did that recording Sicon? I'm astonished, even more because you're not a GM. Or are you?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm

If someone can make a transcript of that, that would be good... because I can't translate what Poirot said to ask me to translate without seeing it written. It's hard to make out non-Quebec accents when they're speaking as fast as he is.

No other comment atm.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sophira on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm

So I guess people don't need the Google Docs link any more. Still, I hadn't seen the newer posts before now so I went ahead and did my thing anyway:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4IvvY ... GtKYVlkNWM

Same audio, so if you already got it from Sendspace there's not going to be any difference here.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm changing my translator's note.

Just as keikaku.*
*Translator's Note: "Keikaku" means Sicon.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch