The witch's advertisement

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: The witch's advertisement

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:27 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Just gonna propose something. Whenever who's gonna be picked is picked, everyone contributes to the campaign, but the person picked has final say. They will be the "director" of the project, if people agree.

Agreed, but to be fair, and to keep things interesting for everyone, they should be posting the full correspondence, perhaps in a thread dedicated only to that purpose, to avoid having to try to find a specific e-mail in gigantic threads like this one.

In any case, of course they have final say. They are the ones writing the messages to the witch, after all. We will just suggest things, and they will do them if they think it will work.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Agreed, but to be fair, and to keep things interesting for everyone, they should be posting the full correspondence, perhaps in a thread dedicated only to that purpose, to avoid having to try to find a specific e-mail in gigantic threads like this one.
In any case, of course they have final say. They are the ones writing the messages to the witch, after all. We will just suggest things, and they will do them if they think it will work.

That makes sense to me, too. The chosen manager will also have to bring together a convincing display of actually running for presidency - which may mean hiring artists for posters, fund raisers and so on.

it'll be a lot easier for whomever it is if they've got all of us backing them up. (Heh it's so much fun reading your debates in her comments, you guys are really putting on a show :D)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Scarab wrote:

That makes sense to me, too. The chosen manager will also have to bring together a convincing display of actually running for presidency - which may mean hiring artists for posters, fund raisers and so on.

it'll be a lot easier for whomever it is if they've got all of us backing them up. (Heh it's so much fun reading your debates in her comments, you guys are really putting on a show :D)

I aim to please. Actually, that's a lie. I got into that Gambit Pileup because it was the funnest bloody thing I've done yet. Again: told you I could use Xanatos Speed Chess.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 pm

I aim to please. Actually, that's a lie. I got into that Gambit Pileup because it was the funnest bloody thing I've done yet. Again: told you I could use Xanatos Speed Chess.

Just as well, metaphorical speed barriers are going to be broken at this rate, I'm struggling to keep up.
You wouldmake a very convincing evil overlord, this intended entirely as a compliment.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Scarab wrote:Just as well, metaphorical speed barriers are going to be broken at this rate, I'm struggling to keep up.
You wouldmake a very convincing evil overlord, this intended entirely as a compliment.

That's cause I've seen so many. With that many sources to draw on, it's pretty easy to pull stuff like that off. Thanks TV Tropes!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Sicon112 wrote:That's cause I've seen so many. With that many sources to draw on, it's pretty easy to pull stuff like that off. Thanks TV Tropes!

TV Tropes will Enhance Your Life. To the point of being a demi-god, in some circles.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:47 am

TV Tropes will Enhance Your Life. To the point of being a demi-god, in some circles.

On the subject of demigods, the Witch made a new post today and... you know it sounds odd, but I can't help but feel slightly sorry for her. To be confused by the presence of earth quakes and so on... She's a real fish out of water and in this world, her previous villainy just doesn't FIT or work. She'll have a lot of adapting to do if she plans to be president.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:52 am

Scarab wrote:

On the subject of demigods, the Witch made a new post today and... you know it sounds odd, but I can't help but feel slightly sorry for her. To be confused by the presence of earth quakes and so on... She's a real fish out of water and in this world, her previous villainy just doesn't FIT or work. She'll have a lot of adapting to do if she plans to be president.

I might have felt sorry for her, but for the fact that she's only confused by the earthquakes because she didn't cause them.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 am

IslaKariese wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:That's cause I've seen so many. With that many sources to draw on, it's pretty easy to pull stuff like that off. Thanks TV Tropes!

(SLAP)

THAT'S FOR USING A TROPE

NOW DRINK
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 am

(SLAP)

THAT'S FOR USING A TROPE

NOW DRINK

We're not allowed to use tropes on a forum that CAME from Tv tropes? *Drinks anyway* And you know it's the middle of the afternoon here.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 am

Scarab wrote:
(SLAP)

THAT'S FOR USING A TROPE

NOW DRINK

We're not allowed to use tropes on a forum that CAME from Tv tropes? *Drinks anyway* And you know it's the middle of the afternoon here.

And?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 am

And?

Well we probably shouldn't be...
You know what? Never mind, at this point alcohol is the only thing keeping me going *swigs*

I might have felt sorry for her, but for the fact that she's only confused by the earthquakes because she didn't cause them.

Yeah but she's still completely out of place here, and she's going to have to completely redefine everything she IS and a whole new world of evil. Who knows, maybe being in this world might even give her a personality change for the better...
Yeah I know, that's crazy talk, but still.
Scarab

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Scarab wrote:
(SLAP)

THAT'S FOR USING A TROPE

NOW DRINK

Sorry, that's one of the rules of the Drinking Game.
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 pm

By the way, I'm in a pub so I can actually play the drinking game at the minute.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 pm

NeverSlender wrote:By the way, I'm in a pub so I can actually play the drinking game at the minute.

Neat.jpeg
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:25 pm

NeverSlender wrote:By the way, I'm in a pub so I can actually play the drinking game at the minute.

Take a drink for EVERY opportunity that you haven't truly taken a drink for yet. (He! Now there's no way he can escape liver failure!)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Take a drink for EVERY opportunity that you haven't truly taken a drink for yet. (He! Now there's no way he can escape liver failure!)

Okay, okay. One or two posts about the drinking game is fine, but let's keep things on topic in this thread guys. We have a thread dedicated to the game for these conversations. ;)
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:31 pm

If I were a mod, I'd delete half of the posts by now. >_< That's one of the reasons why I didn't apply, and now I regret it.

-----------------------

Adell: "Stay on topic gosh darn it!"
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Wysp on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm

And I continue with my shameless hammer-and-anvil attacks on characters.
Wysp

Postby VicariousShaner on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Perhaps I'm reading into this the wrong way, but I think she might be hinting of a possible heel face turn sometime in the future. It makes sense, too. If there is already destruction in the universe, maybe it would be more of a challenge to try to save people instead. I mean, in Oz everything is pretty much perfect, with the exception of her. Perhaps she will change her ways now that she arrived in this hell-hole of a world, where things are much, much worse already than anything she could ever do.

I would mention this to her, but I like not being cursed.
VicariousShaner

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:Perhaps I'm reading into this the wrong way, but I think she might be hinting of a possible heel face turn sometime in the future. It makes sense, too. If there is already destruction in the universe, maybe it would be more of a challenge to try to save people instead. I mean, in Oz everything is pretty much perfect, with the exception of her. Perhaps she will change her ways now that she arrived in this hell-hole of a world, where things are much, much worse already than anything she could ever do.

I agree, which is why the comment I left her was not necessarily encouraging her, just explaining the sad truth about death in the real world. Unlike in a story, deaths don't always have some sort of importance here. They're just unfair most of the time.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 am

I see your point, and you're probably right, but I think it would be kind of sad if all the characters turn out to have a Heart Of Gold, and willingly go back. That would probably mean all we should do is get them together. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby VicariousShaner on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 am

Dryunya wrote:I see your point, and you're probably right, but I think it would be kind of sad if all the characters turn out to have a Heart Of Gold, and willingly go back. That would probably mean all we should do is get them together. :?

Assuming, of course, we find a way to bring them back through the wall.
VicariousShaner

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 am

Status Quo Is God, dude. ;)
UPD: Ergo, God Is Status Quo. :shock:
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 am

Adell wrote:
VicariousShaner wrote:Perhaps I'm reading into this the wrong way, but I think she might be hinting of a possible heel face turn sometime in the future. It makes sense, too. If there is already destruction in the universe, maybe it would be more of a challenge to try to save people instead. I mean, in Oz everything is pretty much perfect, with the exception of her. Perhaps she will change her ways now that she arrived in this hell-hole of a world, where things are much, much worse already than anything she could ever do.

I agree, which is why the comment I left her was not necessarily encouraging her, just explaining the sad truth about death in the real world. Unlike in a story, deaths don't always have some sort of importance here. They're just unfair most of the time.

I also agree. She is at the very least showing the potential to think outside of her previous moral mentality. She's shown willingness to adapt to this world's way of doing things. It's not the signs of a completely changing personality, but it's at the very least a start.

Makes me wonder what the potential for this is in all the other characters... hell what if Sweeny Todd gets serious psychological help? And Don Quixote?
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch