The witch's advertisement

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: The witch's advertisement

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Say you work for a promotions commpany, and you control what projects they work on.

How's this:

I work in a promotions company in this horrid place, and you tend to get things noticed there. While it's not ideal, I do have control over what projects they work on and what light they're cast in. I personally think they would look nice in a stunning shade of green.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Say you work for a promotions commpany, and you control what projects they work on.

How's this:

I work in a promotions company in this horrid place, and you tend to get things noticed there. While it's not ideal, I do have control over what projects they work on and what light they're cast in. I personally think they would look nice in a stunning shade of green.

Sounds good, send it.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 pm

I feel naughty. Is that good in this situation?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I feel naughty. Is that good in this situation?

You shouldn't feel naughty. You should feel Wicked.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 pm

OK seriously, TO THE GMs:

Why has there been absolutely no response to me yet? I get why I obviously didn't make the cut, but I would at least like some kind of insult so that I may safely proceed with plan B and start playing this ARG again.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby VicariousShaner on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 pm

I've been getting really favorable responses from her. I opted to go more of an amoral professional route, and mention that most other evil candidates will usually try to assassinate her.

Obviously you guys need to learn how to get on a witch's good side.

Has anyone else been getting favorable responses from her?
VicariousShaner

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:02 pm

VicariousShaner wrote:I've been getting really favorable responses from her. I opted to go more of an amoral professional route, and mention that most other evil candidates will usually try to assassinate her.

Obviously you guys need to learn how to get on a witch's good side.

Has anyone else been getting favorable responses from her?

Check the discussion thread.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Btw, you guys taunting the witch on the blog. Probably not the best idea unless you want to wake up as a frog.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Btw, you guys taunting the witch on the blog. Probably not the best idea unless you want to wake up as a frog.

...Did you rhyme that on purpose? And which blog?
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:11 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Btw, you guys taunting the witch on the blog. Probably not the best idea unless you want to wake up as a frog.

...Did you rhyme that on purpose? And which blog?

I didn't but I wish I had. And this blog.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:27 pm

I haven't gotten a response yet. Is that bad?
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:31 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I haven't gotten a response yet. Is that bad?

Dunno, some people didn't get a response. She might have all the applicants she needs already. Or you might have to wait, it was a while before I got a reply.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm

I thought I was being clever with my wordplay. Do you think she appreciates someone with a wit and sarcasm enough to choke a small horse?
IslaKariese

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm

She just responded on her blog saying she has responded to every application she received... maybe some didn't get through for some reason?
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Well, she replied the first time, but not to my response...
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Again with people taunting the witch. Seriously, when she's mad she can be a right bitch.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Tried to send another e-mail, but the address was right the first time. TheEmeraldParty@gmail.com shows on both. Maybe it's running into her spam folder? I dunno.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Replica on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 pm

You never know, something good could come of it.
Replica

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Your background is not as important as what you would actually do. I need results, not promises. So, how would you go about recruiting others?

...Well that's not promising. I don't know how to promote people! Gah!
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Your background is not as important as what you would actually do. I need results, not promises. So, how would you go about recruiting others?

...Well that's not promising. I don't know how to promote people! Gah!

Now I'm not sure. How does one promote an election campaign?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:...Well that's not promising. I don't know how to promote people! Gah!

Now I'm not sure. How does one promote an election campaign?

Well... with magic, I suppose... here:

Alright, fine. I have a rather formidable gift of compulsion. People see what I want them to see, and they see it the way I want them to. Should I campaign for your cause, no one would want to listen to what the Wizard or his would-be-replacement would say: only you, dear Emerald. Satisfied?
IslaKariese

Postby VicariousShaner on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm

I have read a discussion thread. I'm just curious to see how many of us in total have received positive responses.

Edit: Also, I think I should put down what it requires to get a good shot.

1. Be evil, or at least don't be good.
2. Don't insult her.
3. Don't tell her that her magic doesn't work. Even if you believe it doesn't/
4. Don't try to compete with her. She has probably killed a lot more people than you have.
5. Keeps lies to a minimum. She's not dumb, guys. She's a master of the dark arts.
6. Don't attempt to start a discussion on your differing tastes of drinking water. Even if you really, really, like Nestle Pure Life.
Last edited by VicariousShaner on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VicariousShaner

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 pm

The witch sent me a rather unamused e-mail. Apparently I was right about the spam folder thing.

Ah, so you are the fool who dared accuse me of insolence. Your message wound up in my spam filter, and you saw fit to fly off the handle. Evil is not rash, evil is calm and scheming. I question whether you are as well versed in manipulation as you say. Convince me not to curse you tenfold by outlining the campaign strategy you would employ.

Cue 508 word long overview of a Xanatos Gambit employing magic, voter fraud, viral marketing, and lots of manipulation to guarantee her victory regardless of how many votes she gets.

Erm... I think I might have gotten just a tad carried away. Let's hope we wrap this up before elections finish, or America may just be screwed...

In other news, my otherwise unwise post on her site seems to have reinforced the Smug Snake impression I was going for. Let's hope my predicted I Know You Know I Know situation comes to pass.

EDIT: Not posting the message here, but if someone wants to read it, I'll just PM them.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:29 pm

...I'm not sure if you're an idiot or a mad genius. Or maybe just a mad idiot.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:30 pm

IslaKariese wrote:...I'm not sure if you're an idiot or a mad genius. Or maybe just a mad idiot.

I try to be a madly idiotic genius mostly.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch