The witch's advertisement

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: The witch's advertisement

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Flitterbie wrote:Wait, she'll need a Vice-President, right?

Who's thinking Wicked Witch/Moriarty 2012?

Me. Now. That mental image is going to be sticking around a loooooong time. Thanks.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Sooo yeah I went with the 'don't know dark magic' route, while advising utilising the web and online marketing as a great way to get a shoe in in front of less modern competitors. (Lets face it, most of the people in congress today wouldn't know what to DO with a lolcat if they saw one.)

Aaand I may have mentioned the roman empire as a great example of conqourers who remained in control via a combination of inspiring fear and rewarding loyalty... Basically the 'make sure they know you can crush them, but make them think you have a good point anyway' method.

I also mentioned credit cards... think maybe I went too far?

Ohhh yeah. That would be a definite case of The Dragon secretly running the show, I think.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Adell wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I replied that I would further her campaign through social media and she asked for details. I'm worried that I'm getting somewhere.

I got something similar with my message. My reply is fairly legit as to how she can run a campaign.

What was your idea? I suggested she use a viral marketing campaign.

I explained the importance of branding and charisma, and how they can be used to effectively win political campaigns, and I offered my services for both. For branding I mentioned advertising, posters, speeches and things like that to set up the 'image' she's going for.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Flitterbie on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Me. Now. That mental image is going to be sticking around a loooooong time. Thanks.

Wicked Witch/Moriarty: For when you're tired of the candidates being subtle about their evil.
Flitterbie

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Flitterbie wrote:Wicked Witch/Moriarty: For when you're tired of the candidates being subtle about their evil.

They got my vote, just for sh*ts and giggles.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Flitterbie wrote:Wicked Witch/Moriarty: For when you're tired of the candidates being subtle about their evil.

This is soooo going into the quotes when the ARG ends. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Flitterbie wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

Wicked Witch/Moriarty: For when you're tired of the candidates being subtle about their evil.

Republicans are in no way subtle about being evil.

(You'll never catch me Sicon!)
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Flitterbie on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Dryunya wrote:

And my work here is done.
Flitterbie

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Seconded.

Republicans are in no way subtle about being evil.

(You'll never catch me Sicon!)

First: Yes I will. Second: I give them points for trying. Third: The only reason the Democrats are any more subtle is because the press sucks. Really, they aren't even trying.
Last edited by Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Goldude on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Still no response. Either the throwaway e-mail isn't working, or the witch isn't accepting it. I think I might just sens an e-mail saying I'm curious about what all this campaign stuff is all about using one of me non-throwaway e-mails.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Replica on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm

OK I'm just going to insult her at every possible opportunity. It's clearly needed.
Replica

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:54 pm

My application is being given "consideration." How can I be her campaign manager!?!? I'm on a different continent to her!!! My application was sarcastic!!!!!!
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Replica wrote:OK I'm just going to insult her at every possible opportunity. It's clearly needed.

That would be my plan if I don't get an e-mail pretty soon. I mean, the least she could do is send me a curse or something so I know I'm denied. As long as I'm not sure, I'm hesitant to switch to plan B.

My application is being given "consideration." How can I be her campaign manager!?!? I'm on a different continent to her!!! My application was sarcastic!!!!!!

Well, the Wicked Witch is running for president. I think logic took a boat to Timbuktu a few hours back.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:57 pm

NeverSlender wrote:My application is being given "consideration." How can I be her campaign manager!?!? I'm on a different continent to her!!! My application was sarcastic!!!!!!

Mine as well, I DO live in america so it wouldn't be as bad for me, but she's still (going off the newspaper article) waaay further away from me than I'm comfortable going to :lol: , I'm sure we could figure something out.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Replica wrote:OK I'm just going to insult her at every possible opportunity. It's clearly needed.

That would be my plan if I don't get an e-mail pretty soon. I mean, the least she could do is send me a curse or something so I know I'm denied. As long as I'm not sure, I'm hesitant to switch to plan B.

Well, the Wicked Witch is running for president. I think logic took a boat to Timbuktu a few hours back.

The fourth wall is breaking and we're investigating on the orders of a possibly insane wiki admin. Logic gave up a looooooong time ago.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Still nothing on my end, but I love the witch's blog.

A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!

That's awesomeness in quote form right there. All in favor of that being the witch's section quote, say aye.

That's hilarious. Done and done. (And moved.)
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm

You certainly don't seem like someone with a soul. Are you sure you haven't lost it somewhere? You make many undeniably evil points. Your application shall be given due consideration. You should watch my "blog" for updates on this matter, I may contact you later.

:shock:

I... I think I made the cut.

As did several others it seems! NOW what the eff do we do?!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks, Ed. ^_^

In other news, will the bloody witch just send me some cursing e-mail already? I want to get this over with so I can start being an evil jerk to her!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Flitterbie on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Scarab wrote:
You certainly don't seem like someone with a soul. Are you sure you haven't lost it somewhere? You make many undeniably evil points. Your application shall be given due consideration. You should watch my "blog" for updates on this matter, I may contact you later.

Recommend Moriarty for VP!
Flitterbie

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Scarab wrote:

We wait, and hope she actually picks one of us.

We should collect the names of her potential candidates so I can put them in the "what we know" section for her.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I've applied, though I haven't gotten word back.

I'm not sure I'll actually be any good, seeing as the worst thing about me is my cutting sarcasm and lack of fashion sense.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I've applied, though I haven't gotten word back.

I'm not sure I'll actually be any good, seeing as the worst thing about me is my cutting sarcasm and lack of fashion sense.

Sounds like you could get on well with her.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Goldude on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:41 pm

I see you are among the mindless followers of this world's wizard and his ridiculous ideas. And as you don't know black magic, I find it hard to see how you would recruit others for my election campaign. Prove otherwise or be gone before I curse you.

Okay, I'm going to attempt to convince her that she needs me or us or whatever because she knows nothing about the way the earth works. Once she admits that, I can possibly "recruit" informants to help her understand how the world works.

Edit:
I have done my research. This country, and many others, are run by democratically elected representatives. Here, they are referred to as Presidents. I call them Wizards, because like the Wizard of Oz, they are all shams.
I am not one to be insulted. I have sent a particularly nasty curse your way.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:44 pm

I'd like to apply as a campaign manager for you, dear Emerald Party. It seems like the perfect job for me. This place does in fact need a rather wicked change in who's in charge.

I see you and I are on the same page about this world's silly democracy. What are your talents, and how will you employ them in ensuring that I become the next Wizard? How would you recruit others to our cause?

... And I'm stumped.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:47 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
I'd like to apply as a campaign manager for you, dear Emerald Party. It seems like the perfect job for me. This place does in fact need a rather wicked change in who's in charge.

I see you and I are on the same page about this world's silly democracy. What are your talents, and how will you employ them in ensuring that I become the next Wizard? How would you recruit others to our cause?

... And I'm stumped.

Say you work for a promotions commpany, and you control what projects they work on.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch