Main Witch Discussion Topic

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Preempting things a bit here, but once the opening chaos of a new POI dies down and she picks someone, let's move the main discussion to here, and possibly create a thread just for the sake of recording the e-mails between the witch and her manager.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Just reposting here, I would like to collect the names of her candidates for the "What we know section." (Someone who got an email saying she was considering you)

I am being considered.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Adell wrote:Just reposting here, I would like to collect the names of her candidates for the "What we know section." (Someone who got an email saying she was considering you)

I am currently "under consideration".
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:16 pm

As am I. She doesn't even seem to be holding my having a Soul against me. Equal opportunities employer, that witch.

I notice we're both in the UK...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Scarab wrote:

As am I. She doesn't even seem to be holding my having a Soul against me. Equal opportunities employer, that witch.

I think being equal opportunities is a requirement for a political party. She doesn't want to lose the presidency on a technicality.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:18 pm

I think being equal opportunities is a requirement for a political party. She doesn't want to lose the presidency on a technicality.

That's true... what did you suggest as your recruitment strategy?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Scarab wrote:

Use of a viral marketing campaign spread through social media. I tried to give it evil overtones by saying anyone who didn't support us would be "dealt with."
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Use of a viral marketing campaign spread through social media. I tried to give it evil overtones by saying anyone who didn't support us would be "dealt with."

Pretty much the same from me, with a side order of free health care and instilling rewards for true loyalty.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Scarab wrote:

Pretty much the same from me, with a side order of free health care and instilling rewards for true loyalty.

Flying monkeys for all minions!
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Damn it, I should've thought of that! Nice one.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Scarab wrote:

Damn it, I should've thought of that! Nice one.

If I'm chosen, flying monkeys will be my campaign mascots.
Last edited by NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sophira on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Use of a viral marketing campaign spread through social media.

Wait. Are you suggesting that she run an ARG?

*mind boggles*
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby NeverSlender on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Sophira wrote:Wait. Are you suggesting that she run an ARG?

*mind boggles*

Could do. Have to be careful though, going that meta could create a logic bomb.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Well, as far as observations on the new POI go, I give her a very high threat level. Not to us per se; she doesn't seem to be able to cast magic over standard TCP/IP, but her skill as a planner is likely very high, and while she seems to be easily annoyed, she has herself professed the belief that evil is calm and calculating.

Our main advantage is our knowledge of superior technology and social climate, plus our more comprehensive knowledge of the situation. With these two things, I think the hivemind should be able to keep her in check for now.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Goldude on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Apparently, she accepts posters being made.

You know what to do.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Goldude wrote:Apparently, she accepts posters being made.

You know what to do.

Oh crap. Anyone want to start up photoshop? Obviously this absolutely MUST be done by someone.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 pm

And now, I'm asking my eternal question: what do we do after one of us becomes the manager? Mr. A can't seriously make us help her actually run for president. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Dryunya wrote:And now, I'm asking my eternal question: what do we do after one of us becomes the manager? Mr. A can't seriously make us help her actually run for president. :?

What if all this set up as an ARG turns out to be an attempt to make an internet only candidate?
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:
Dryunya wrote:And now, I'm asking my eternal question: what do we do after one of us becomes the manager? Mr. A can't seriously make us help her actually run for president. :?

What if all this set up as an ARG turns out to be an attempt to make an internet only candidate?

That would be wicked.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Then, at least we'd have The Most Triumphant Example for a Manipulative Bastard. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Dryunya wrote:Then, at least we'd have The Most Triumphant Example for a Manipulative Bastard. :gurt:

Yea, I'd vote for them. But then, I'm obsessed with planning and manipulation tropes...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby VicariousShaner on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 am

I guess I should have put that I was also under consideration. (I made good points, apparently!)
VicariousShaner

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 am

Yea, I'm also apparently still under consideration at the moment. I think the plot to make the Wall Of Text Chessmaster battle between me and Shaner so long that the Witch forgot what we were fighting over worked for the time being.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 am

IslaKariese wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:

That would be wicked.

HEY-OOOO
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 am

Adell wrote:HEYO

The witch is Adell is Gavin?????? :?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch