Main Witch Discussion Topic

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 pm

Don Juan seducing the witch.......
.....make me unsee it. :o
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm actually really excited to see how she'll react to him. I have a feeling he'll find he's bitten off more than he can chew with her.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Inb4hebecomesaflyingmonkey

Oh man, the Don is in for some horrible things. Our Witch is Crazy Awesome, remember? I think she might be fine on her own :P
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

S_o_S wrote:Inb4hebecomesaflyingmonkey

That better not be MY monkey :P

Okay here's the email I plan to send to the witch. Thoughts, everyone?

There is something more we have to warn you about. If you have been browsing the forums you may already know about this, but just in case you haven’t had the chance, here is currently a group of people in action who’s plans to remain in this world at the expense of all others

They go by the collective name of The Cabal. They are comprised of characters who, like you, emerged from other worlds. While their desire to remain here are, in a way, understandable, we are also now aware of something about people like you that puts an entirely new spin of things: your existence here is messing with the world itself. If the Cabal remain then they run the risk of severely destabilising our reality. If they succeed then not only do people like yourself not get to return home, but those who wish to stay won’t get their desired ending either – the destruction of the world as we know it will see to that.

They are known as Don Juan. James Moriarty, Morgan le Fay, and Erik, otherwise known as The Phantom of the Opera. You may have noticed in the news papers recently that a play known as ‘The Shadow Under the Ice’ has been produced. A member of the Cabal was responsible for this play, to what ends we don’t know, but we know they will use whatever power is in their means to convince you to stay... and I’ve no idea how far that ‘convincing’ will go. Admirably devious they may be, but be damned if this isn’t really bloody inconvenient for us and you.

You can find information about the Cabal and their plans to stay at the following links.
tp://pheeble.twwf.info/?tdnfhaka
http://pheeble.twwf.info/?aaahfybw
http://pheeble.twwf.info/?smnbhjvi
Also, use the passwords Intro1 through to intro6 here: http://pheeble.twwf.info/get_arch_code.html in order to obtain access to the original discussions we found when the Cabal were first identified.

Watch out for these people. We believe they plan to move and attempt to coerce you and others like you, that is if they haven’t already tried. If you choose to stay of your own will, we shall of course continue discussing future plans with you, but your desire to return seems strong. We shouldn’t allow anything to jeopardise that.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm

That looks good.
You might want to add a specific warning about Juan (i.e., that he plans to use seduction but is already emotionally engaged elsewhere), since we know he's the one going for her, but it's your call-- you know her better than I do.

Send it as soon as possible, I think. (Also, brilliant move to link her to their chats. She deserves that, and may have some insights to offer us on them.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:That looks good.
You might want to add a specific warning about Juan (i.e., that he plans to use seduction but is already emotionally engaged elsewhere)

Scarab wrote:I would SPECIFICALLY warn you about Don Juan, who is planning to contact you specifically, he is... shall we say a little questionably forward?

"...And if you make out, don't forget to take pictures for our Brain Bleach entry." :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:That looks good.
You might want to add a specific warning about Juan (i.e., that he plans to use seduction but is already emotionally engaged elsewhere)

Scarab wrote:I would SPECIFICALLY warn you about Don Juan, who is planning to contact you specifically, he is... shall we say a little questionably forward?

"...And if you make out, don't forget to take pictures for our Brain Bleach entry." :D

All right, now you have to buy me some bleach. Thanks a LOT, Dryu. :evil:

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:All right, now you have to buy me some bleach. Thanks a LOT, Dryu.

That's Dryu - the source of clarity for every vague comment we come up with, even the ones we really, really didn't WANT clarifying. :shock:

We love ya, Dryu!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Okay, Isla raised an interesting point in the chatroom.
Juliet mentioned that she felt strangely drawn to William Shakespeare's name, and Isla wondered if Jules would be able to read his OTHER works.

But I don't think Juliet's the kind of person we should ask for experimental data. We all know who is.

This one's for you, Scarab. Can you ask the witch if she can read anything from any of the following ebooks? (They're a few stuff by L. Frank Baum, the writer of the Wizard of Oz, that have nothing to do with the Oz setting.)

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/436/436-h/436-h.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4357/4357-h/4357-h.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5660/pg5660.html

(any one of them should do; I'm including all three so she can choose the one that best suits her literary preferences, as they're each very different genres)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Okay, Isla raised an interesting point in the chatroom.
Juliet mentioned that she felt strangely drawn to William Shakespeare's name, and Isla wondered if Jules would be able to read his OTHER works.

But I don't think Juliet's the kind of person we should ask for experimental data. We all know who is.

This one's for you, Scarab. Can you ask the witch if she can read anything from any of the following ebooks? (They're a few stuff by L. Frank Baum, the writer of the Wizard of Oz, that have nothing to do with the Oz setting.)

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/436/436-h/436-h.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4357/4357-h/4357-h.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5660/pg5660.html

(any one of them should do; I'm including all three so she can choose the one that best suits her literary preferences, as they're each very different genres)

On it.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:22 pm

So... someone likes my suggestion.

But it's not going to work, since we haven't got her second echo...

Still, this is probably for the best; the witch has consistently been our best source of experimental data.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 am

I'm afraid that she wouldn't be able to send herself back without echoes just because Mr. A wouldn't start the process in that case. Doesn't hurt to try, of course.
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm

JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 pm

I thought of a workaround, but it's not worth suggesting.
They don't want it to work, so no matter how many workarounds I come up with, none of them will work.

I give up. I tried everything I had (minus this doomed workaround) to stave off Broken Base, but it appears that Failure Is the Only Option. :( :'( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

If you want to stave off the Broken Base, there is still an option to create a single opinion for the whole tram.
There, now I've done it.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I thought of a workaround, but it's not worth suggesting.
They don't want it to work, so no matter how many workarounds I come up with, none of them will work.

I give up. I tried everything I had (minus this doomed workaround) to stave off Broken Base, but it appears that Failure Is the Only Option. :( :'( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Make she tell us what she wants. She can't see what she writes, but I'm sure she can remember it.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Well, damn it. The witch always seems to be a source of direct information, at least, but it seems this particualr bit of info is something we could've done without v.v

...Yeah about that um.. .campaign thing. Does anybody have anything on that? Anybody?
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Scarab wrote:Well, damn it. The witch always seems to be a source of direct information, at least, but it seems this particualr bit of info is something we could've done without v.v

...Yeah about that um.. .campaign thing. Does anybody have anything on that? Anybody?

Well, the election's tomorrow, and we've all lost interest. Let's bake her a "At least you tried" cake, and then forget about it.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Nope.
She'll fail to be elected. Spectacularly. ;)

But that's good intel. Surely helps us filter our options.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Nope.
She'll fail to be elected. Spectacularly. ;)
But that's good intel. Surely helps us filter our options.

...Well, it was nice knowing you guys :(
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Don't worry, she won't kill us. She will still need us to send her back.
Unless she knows curses with Delayed Reaction. :?
Dryunya

Postby Greyscale on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Victin wrote:Make her tell us what she wants.

The Witch wrote:I’ll give any notes possible to ensure I have a suitably evil homecoming.

:)
Greyscale

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Dryunya wrote:Don't worry, she won't kill us. She will still need us to send her back.
Unless she knows curses with Delayed Reaction. :?

She's the WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST, Dryu, honey, of course she knows curses with delayed reaction >.< Frankly we'll be lucky if she hasn't been reading up on the tricks of Mafia Dons I really don't wanna be concreted into the river or something... then again I don't think that'd be quite classy enough for her.

...I hope she at least sends me the flying monkey first. I've been really looking forwards to that flying monkey.
Scarab

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Wait, will your flying monkey be rideable, or messenger-size?
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Wait, will your flying monkey be rideable, or messenger-size?

I'm guessing messenger sized, unfortunately but hey, I'm never one to mock a free flying monkey. I plan to send it after door to door salesmen...
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch