Main Witch Discussion Topic

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Krika wrote:To be fair, the only reason I got into it was because of reading an article in a Dragon (one of the D&D magazines by WoTC) that talked about using a tesseract as a dungeon, and went into detail on the necessary knowledge of what a tesseract was, where everything is in relation to everything else, and how to map the variants in 3-dimensional space. I've still got the little paper sheets I made to map out a full one.

A tesseract dungeon!? :o Tell me more! :?:
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Anura on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:04 pm

A tesseract is the four-dimensional equivalent of a cube, and according to the Witch, our Multiverse basically is one. (Our Multiverse consists of our Universe and all alternate timelines directly associated with it) The Witch's wormholes were a dead end because they could only lead to another place in our Multiverse when she was trying to go to a different Multiverse entirely.

Whether the entirety of "our fiction" consists of a single tesseract/Multiverse, or everything that's ever been written (and possibly everything that hasn't) has a separate tesseract/Multiverse is unclear.

If the latter, speculation: the current crisis has two possible levels of being a problem. Either our Multiverse has somehow began to connect to others, which will cause all of the involved ones to collapse but leave the Omniverse entire mostly untouched (corollary: how often does this kind of shit happen?), or the whole Omniverse is going down the tubes.
Last edited by Anura on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anura
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:04 am
Location: Hastings, England

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 pm

On a basic level, what she meant was: Real Earth technology does not send one to TV Land.

Now, as to the explanation for why this happens, Anura has explained way better than I can.

Now, for the Nerdgastic people here... Assuming we do have such a Multiverse in our hands and the fourth wall stands between Multiverses. Because if the Wall stood within our Multiverse, it's other side would still be within our multiverse, therefore, within reach for the wormholes to work.

In this case, every single mirror universe from our Multiverse is facing the breakage of the Fourth Wall, meaning that every timeline and alternate reality to our current reality has to deal with this same problem.

That can create a few interesting points:
- Mr. A is interacting with every single mirror universe, running parallel campaings to this one to avert the fall of the wall.
- The witch and the others came from outside the multiverse into our particular universe. Meaning other characters could very well have fallen to other universes within our multiverse.
- We can't make a gate to outside our multiverse, meaning we (humans) have no power to actually send the characters back save from help from someone who can (Mr. A?) or by finding the open end (if it exists) of the crack that got the characters here in the first place.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Krika on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Victin wrote:
Krika wrote:To be fair, the only reason I got into it was because of reading an article in a Dragon (one of the D&D magazines by WoTC) that talked about using a tesseract as a dungeon, and went into detail on the necessary knowledge of what a tesseract was, where everything is in relation to everything else, and how to map the variants in 3-dimensional space. I've still got the little paper sheets I made to map out a full one.

A tesseract dungeon!? :o Tell me more! :?:


You asked for it. Here goes the explanation. :twisted:

Basically, a Tesseract dungeon functions like 8 cubes, where on a given cube, the walls touch 6 other cubes. Look at the following picture.

Image

Basically, in addition to the cubes that are physically touching in this picture, the sides that have the same letter are also touching (as well as the very top and very bottom). Each wall either contains a portal that warps you to paired portal in the other cube, or there could be a literal physical hole that you climb through to get around. Of course, these pass-ways are located on the walls and ceiling, so a good way to run it would be subjective gravity, so that you are always standing upright on the floor, although other people might be standing on your subjective walls or ceiling (Or you could give players the challenge of having to climb through them if you don't have subjective gravity).

Now, take a look at the simpler one, that only deals with a 2d environment if wrangling in 3d isn't your style. I've attached a quick and dirty picture I made, since I couldn't find a good one online. It functions just like a normal dungeon map, except that when two cubes have the same color wall, that is the same wall. So, if you walk through the wall on the very top of the picture, you'd walk out of the wall at the very bottom.

Long story short, a tesseract dungeon is one that infinitely wraps around itself, so it could function as a prison, or as some sort of arena, or other area that isn't meant to be left. Once you get our head around the idea, it's not too bad to work out what goes where.

.....that was the answer you were looking for, right? 8-)
Attachments
Tesseract.gif
Tesseract.gif (6.26 KiB) Viewed 4952 times
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
User avatar
Krika
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am
Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:09 am

I think we got more information from the witch overnight than from Mr. A for the entirety of the ARG. I'll need some time to digest it, and maybe I'll add her version of the model to the corresponding thread.
The cool part is, our model kind of matches her description. :gurt: If we take a look at all of those purple universe timelines, representing them with tesseracts becomes only logical.

...I'll take my further ramblings to the metaverse thread.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:25 am

Guys, I seriously need this putting into ten-year-old-idiot layman's terms :lol:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Krika on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 am

The above is basically the simplest explanation of a tesseract that I can think of. What she's saying is that our universe functions like one, where each "version" of it is the equivalent of a cube in the tesseract.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
User avatar
Krika
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am
Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Scarab wrote:Guys, I seriously need this putting into ten-year-old-idiot layman's terms :lol:


OK, simple version.

Imagine a cube sitting on a table. That's where we are.

Now imagine another cube sitting a few feet away, but not connected. That's her world. She attempted to travel using wormholes, which, according to her experiments cannot bridge the gap between cube one and cube two, and instead can only move from point A to point B inside whichever cube they started in.

Summarize it nicely enough?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Scarab wrote:Guys, I seriously need this putting into ten-year-old-idiot layman's terms :lol:


OK, simple version.

Imagine a cube sitting on a table. That's where we are.

Now imagine another cube sitting a few feet away, but not connected. That's her world. She attempted to travel using wormholes, which, according to her experiments cannot bridge the gap between cube one and cube two, and instead can only move from point A to point B inside whichever cube they started in.

Summarize it nicely enough?


Yes, see, that level of layman's terms has just about penetrated my cognitive thought processes. Thank you.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 pm

...And she's back to the crazy.
http://westwitch.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=113
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Whatever anybody does, KEEP HER AWAY FROM WASHINGTON D.C. The Smithsonian Museum contains the original pair of ruby slippers used in the movie version of Wizard of Oz.
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby S_o_S on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:39 pm

With the right pair of heels, a girl can do anything, trust me...
Not a distress call. Honest.
User avatar
S_o_S
 
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm thinking she might try to go after Cinderella's glass slippers. Did Cindy have them on when she entered the void/wall?
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 pm

RotavatoR wrote:I'm thinking she might try to go after Cinderella's glass slippers. Did Cindy have them on when she entered the void/wall?


She lost one of them. I have no idea if she would bother to wear one without the other. Holmes might have noticed that.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

JackAlsworth wrote:Whatever anybody does, KEEP HER AWAY FROM WASHINGTON D.C. The Smithsonian Museum contains the original pair of ruby slippers used in the movie version of Wizard of Oz.


Actually we might be okay, in the book they were originally SILVER slippers, I'm not convinced the Ruby ones would work.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:50 am

Scarab wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:Whatever anybody does, KEEP HER AWAY FROM WASHINGTON D.C. The Smithsonian Museum contains the original pair of ruby slippers used in the movie version of Wizard of Oz.


Actually we might be okay, in the book they were originally SILVER slippers, I'm not convinced the Ruby ones would work.


Yep. And there probably aren't too many shoe shops that sell pure silver shoes at this point, so...
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:01 am

"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:06 pm

According to the update, Scarab was right.(Fun Fact: they changed it to ruby in the movie because it would show up better in the Technicolor.)

So I guess the question now is, do we try and find her some silver shoes?
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:According to the update, Scarab was right.(Fun Fact: they changed it to ruby in the movie because it would show up better in the Technicolor.)

So I guess the question now is, do we try and find her some silver shoes?


I can confirm the fun fact to be true.

Why can't we just MAKE her some silver shoes?

I mean, Batman has so many relatives, one of them must be a Cobbler! (A cobbler is someone who makes shoes, not someone who makes cobblers, by the way.)
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm

I told her to get her own made. It seemed the easiest route.

(Though just like her forays into mad science, now she'll probably teach herself silversmithing so she won't have to rely on someone else.)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm

The Finch wrote:
I mean, Batman has so many relatives, one of them must be a Cobbler! (A cobbler is someone who makes shoes, not someone who makes cobblers, by the way.)


So a baker makes a cobbler, and a cobbler makes shoes... why couldn't the baker just make the shoes and cut out the middleman?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Zup wrote:
The Finch wrote:
I mean, Batman has so many relatives, one of them must be a Cobbler! (A cobbler is someone who makes shoes, not someone who makes cobblers, by the way.)


So a baker makes a cobbler, and a cobbler makes shoes... why couldn't the baker just make the shoes and cut out the middleman?


Nah, it's a loop. Because then the shoes go off and make a baker...
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Zup wrote:
The Finch wrote:
I mean, Batman has so many relatives, one of them must be a Cobbler! (A cobbler is someone who makes shoes, not someone who makes cobblers, by the way.)


So a baker makes a cobbler, and a cobbler makes shoes... why couldn't the baker just make the shoes and cut out the middleman?


Nah, it's a loop. Because then the shoes go off and make a baker...


And a baker who makes shoes is then a cobbler, who then makes a cobbler...so it's like robots building robots or something.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:48 am

Okay I'm sure somebody here has already warned the Witch about the Cabal (in fact given that she's wandering about here, she probably already knows) but perhaps it's time for us to be a little more direct about it. She seems in a good mood with us at the moment, so now might be a good time for us to email her about the threat the Cabal poses. They're going to try and work on convincing her at some point, and I think it's best we let her know where they're really coming from ASAP

Am I good to email her a warning, and if so, what do you think I should put in it?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Main Witch Discussion Topic

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:47 am

Scarab wrote:Okay I'm sure somebody here has already warned the Witch about the Cabal (in fact given that she's wandering about here, she probably already knows) but perhaps it's time for us to be a little more direct about it. She seems in a good mood with us at the moment, so now might be a good time for us to email her about the threat the Cabal poses. They're going to try and work on convincing her at some point, and I think it's best we let her know where they're really coming from ASAP

Am I good to email her a warning, and if so, what do you think I should put in it?


Definitely email her. She already wants to go home, so she doesn't need any counter-Cabal arguments, but she's on Don Juan's list, so she should be warned about his methods and his fiancee (i.e., that he has one, and isn't interested in her, the witch, no matter what he says). For ideas refer to my warning to Juliet, the other fictional on Juan's list.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron