Campaign Management Plotting

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Campaign Management Plotting

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:56 pm

META - Could this marketing campaign be for getting more people for the ARG?
NON-META - Why don't we just put the advertisement on TVTropes?
Last edited by Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Victin wrote:META - Could this marketing campaign be for getting more people for the ARG?
Also, why don't we just put the advertisement on TVTropes?

In-Game: What? Of course not!

Meta: Probably.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Dryunya wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:On the one hand, we want more people. On the other hand, we don't want stupid people.

The answer is simple. Does anybody know a site with user-generated content frequented by smart people? :D

This one?
But honestly, no other site meeting these criteria comes to mind... I'll look into it.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Dryunya wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:On the one hand, we want more people. On the other hand, we don't want stupid people.

The answer is simple. Does anybody know a site with user-generated content frequented by smart people? :D

This one?
But honestly, no other site meeting these criteria comes to mind... I'll look into it.

"What site could this be?"
*clicks the link*
"..."
*beat*
:lol:
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Hmmm we may possibly know a site :P (hey who do you think I MEANT when I told the witch I had 'contacts' with a large scale website ;))

Victin wrote:META - Could this marketing campaign be for getting more people for the ARG?
NON-META - Why don't we just put the advertisement on TVTropes?

In answer to the first question - yes that's very much the possibility.
In answer to the second question - that's also possible, let's ask Edward the Awesome about it.

Am I a-okay to start a topic asking for possible designers for the campaign slogans, and emailing the witch regarding our initial ideas? The other campaign team members can look over it and we can post it here for all of you to see before sending it to her.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:23 pm

She could also use some bodyguards if all it takes to assassinate her is a water gun.
RotavatoR

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 pm

RotavatoR wrote:She could also use some bodyguards if all it takes to assassinate her is a water gun.

:lol: Oh lord, I never even thought of that... Yeah we should probably consider it. Later though, no sense making her too paranoid early on.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:35 pm

RotavatoR wrote:She could also use some bodyguards if all it takes to assassinate her is a water gun.

https://www.google.ru/search?q=waterproof+long+coat
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Dryunya wrote:

One day in and it's already official - this campaign would flounder without you :lol:
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks. :D :oops:
Some more thoughts:

If we are to make the witch appear on actual news, we may enforce a more diabolic plan: make the witch viral in other communities, without any references to the ARG. I've tried to google "wicked witch for president" - if her blog is there, it is somewhere very-very deep. This means we may plant the idea to promote her on some other sites, and, if the inception (yes, it's a reference :) ) is successful, we'll get the job done while staying in the shadows.

It's very hard to pull off, though. VERY hard.
I think we need Sicon here. :gurt:
And with that, I'm leaving you for today.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

One day in and it's already official - this campaign would flounder without you :lol:

HEY! :o
I helped... ish :mrgreen:

Dryunya wrote:Thanks. :D :oops:
Some more thoughts:

If we are to make the witch appear on actual news, we may enforce a more diabolic plan: make the witch viral in other communities, without any references to the ARG. I've tried to google "wicked witch for president" - if her blog is there, it is somewhere very-very deep. This means we may plant the idea to promote her on some other sites, and, if the inception (yes, it's a reference :) ) is successful, we'll get the job done while staying in the shadows.

It's very hard to pull off, though. VERY hard.
I think we need Sicon here. :gurt:
And with that, I'm leaving you for today.

This sounds fascinating. Such large scale, dear god, how?

I'll start working on slogans!
PITCH THE WITCH!
VOTE FOR THE GREEN MEAN MAGIC MACHINE!
WE NEED YOU AS A FLYING MONKEY!
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Guys. Guys. Relax. You are looking at this in totally the wrong way. One would almost think you are really TRYING to be the Witch's campaign manager.

Look, the election is on the first Tuesday in November. Less than a month away. There is literally NO CHANCE IN HELL that the Witch is going to get ANY recognition starting this late. You guys are acting as though you are actually trying to campaign for her. Why? She has no chance, and we don't even want her to be successful! Did you really all forget what we are here for? We just need to get as much info out of her as possible before election day, the point which she fails and inevitably flips. Then we just have to get her trapped when she tries to get retribution. Probably by getting Mr. A involved, but I'll think on that later.

Therefor, the question is not what your country can- oh wait, wrong quote... Take two! 8-)

Therefore, the question is not, "How do I run a campaign for the Wicked Witch of the West?" the question is, "How do I make the Wicked Witch of the West, who has about 2-3 weeks worth of knowledge of the modern world, THINK I'm running a campaign for her, while really I'm lying out my ass and milking her for information?"

And, to be honest, I think the second question is easier to answer, which either says a lot about me as a person, or the weirdness of this whole situation. Take your pick.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Guys. Guys. Relax. You are looking at this in totally the wrong way. One would almost think you are really TRYING to be the Witch's campaign manager.

Look, the election is on the first Tuesday in November. Less than a month away. There is literally NO CHANCE IN HELL that the Witch is going to get ANY recognition starting this late. You guys are acting as though you are actually trying to campaign for her. Why? She has no chance, and we don't even want her to be successful! Did you really all forget what we are here for? We just need to get as much info out of her as possible before election day, the point which she fails and inevitably flips. Then we just have to get her trapped when she tries to get retribution. Probably by getting Mr. A involved, but I'll think on that later.

Therefor, the question is not what your country can- oh wait, wrong quote... Take two! 8-)

Therefore, the question is not, "How do I run a campaign for the Wicked Witch of the West?" the question is, "How do I make the Wicked Witch of the West, who has about 2-3 weeks worth of knowledge of the modern world, THINK I'm running a campaign for her, while really I'm lying out my ass and milking her for information?"

And, to be honest, I think the second question is easier to answer, which either says a lot about me as a person, or the weirdness of this whole situation. Take your pick.

I agree. But we could use the opportunity to draw more working force to our side by running the doomed to fail campaign. If we go plan b, then yes it is a much easier problem to solve. You're not alone in this line of thought.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Guys. Guys. Relax. You are looking at this in totally the wrong way. One would almost think you are really TRYING to be the Witch's campaign manager.

But I believe we are not only attracting voters, but also new players. That's why the focus in the campaign.
Victin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 pm

The witch updated.

What does she need our help for again?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:57 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:The witch updated.

She is good. I will pretend I'm a fanboy that you managed to convince. Is that ok?
Victin

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Therefore, the question is not, "How do I run a campaign for the Wicked Witch of the West?" the question is, "How do I make the Wicked Witch of the West, who has about 2-3 weeks worth of knowledge of the modern world, THINK I'm running a campaign for her, while really I'm lying out my ass and milking her for information?"

I dunno about my fellow campaigners but I'm method acting the hell out of this. And it's kind of fun to think of all these different methods one would run a campaign for the WWotW...

Victin wrote:But I believe we are not only attracting voters, but also new players. That's why the focus in the campaign.

Yes, also that's a good point. I figure we're also trying to draw more players in, so a certain degree of forwardness is required anyway.

Back to reality (ha), of course the second question is the REAL intention -getting as much information out of her as we can as quickly as is possible. I just think the better a show we put on, the more convincing we are. She's not exactly thinking in shades of grey, but she's not stupid, so going a bit too far is better than not going far enough. I was GOING to mock it a bit more then start asking how others thought we could get more information out of her, but... I think we might already have her trust judging from the recent email I got.

The real question is, HOW do we get information out of her, while concievably passing off our questions as part of an advertisment campaign? And how long can we keep it up before she gets suspicious? I think we should get a bit of "campaigning" done before we start asking those questions (for one thing it's advertisment for us).

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:The witch updated.

...I was about to upload that campaign poster here but I see she's beaten us to it. :lol: Am I the only one who finds that poster hilarious?

Good question though, I mean heck, what do we do NOW? Start sending those flyers out? Get the tv tropes page set up? Need to have soemthing to show her that WE'RE doing, after all...
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Scarab wrote:I think we might already have her trust judging from the recent email I got.

What e-mail? I suggested that we post all e-mails between the Witch and her campaign staff, so do you mind doing that? We could create a thread for that that works like the Gulliver Transcript thread, that way we could find the e-mails easily.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 pm

No problem, sorry I forgot about that, I'll start it up. Two of us have already gotten the emails uploaded as documents, so we can just link to them.

Hows about another thread for discussions as to what the heck we do with that poster?
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:43 am

You know what's my problem? I actually do. :oops: Guess I just like being a henchman, Because I'm Good At It. :?

Scarab wrote:The real question is, HOW do we get information out of her, while concievably passing off our questions as part of an advertisment campaign? And how long can we keep it up before she gets suspicious? I think we should get a bit of "campaigning" done before we start asking those questions (for one thing it's advertisment for us).

One word: interview. As long as it's built properly, we can milk her 'till she runs out of milk.

And I also like the slogan that was floating here somewhere: "As opposed to the other candidates, she is not subtle about her evil." :D
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:20 am

Dryunya wrote:And I also like the slogan that was floating here somewhere: "As opposed to the other candidates, she is not subtle about her evil." :D

Well, as good a set of observations as that is, they have now become obsolete because she knows what we are doing. For now, we should just run the campaign and use it to create more players.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:27 am

I don't see how the slogan may become obsolete just because she's aware of it. And it's definitely shouldn't be "End democracy", like at her poster. The "not subtle" slogan may be taken humorously, and thus pique some interest, and the "end democracy" one will probably make me look like a radical nutjob when I'll be hanging them around.
I may probably be misunderstood even without any slogans - I can't say our police is adequate lately... But I didn't say that, m'kay? -_-"
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Dryunya wrote:I don't see how the slogan may become obsolete just because she's aware of it. And it's definitely shouldn't be "End democracy", like at her poster. The "not subtle" slogan may be taken humorously, and thus pique some interest, and the "end democracy" one will probably make me look like a radical nutjob when I'll be hanging them around.
I may probably be misunderstood even without any slogans - I can't say our police is adequate lately... But I didn't say that, m'kay? -_-"

Yes this is a good point, I am slightly more nervous about putting up posters, however jokingly, saying 'end democracy' than I was about 'do not lance the power station' because you know some crackpots are going to get up in arms about it. I say we suggest something else.

Just so long as the witch in the picture doesn't look like any other actual political candidates who would thus get up in arms about it, we should be okay, otherwise.

I think we still need something a bit shorter and punchier though: I like the tone of the "not subtle" idea but can we condense it into fewer words?
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Dryunya wrote:I don't see how the slogan may become obsolete just because she's aware of it. And it's definitely shouldn't be "End democracy", like at her poster. The "not subtle" slogan may be taken humorously, and thus pique some interest, and the "end democracy" one will probably make me look like a radical nutjob when I'll be hanging them around.

Actually, I meant to get the line above that into the quote, not that line. I could have sworn I did, too! I saw something like this happen to Xana just a bit ago, where he typed a message, posted it, and then there was no text there. WTF is going on around here anyhow?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Actually, I meant to get the line above that into the quote, not that line. I could have sworn I did, too! I saw something like this happen to Xana just a bit ago, where he typed a message, posted it, and then there was no text there. WTF is going on around here anyhow?

Try not to think about it too much, or we'll start getting paranoid again :/

If anybody has any good ideas for short, catchy campaign slogans that don't immediately turn away voters, we're all ears.
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch