Campaign Management Plotting

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Campaign Management Plotting

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:37 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I wanna say something like "Go Green" but I'm not sure it's... well, evil enough.

Also there's probably some Green Environmental related party who would get annoyed with us. Frankly, I'm happy to just let people go nuts with it. Went with the "what this country needs is a little magic" on the samples I sent her. She said she was looking for something a bit more evil, but there's only so obviously evil you can be before you start pushing away the voters (I admit other campaigners seem to push the boat out every year on that though).
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm

"Go West"
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm

NeverSlender wrote:"Go West"

Vague, but awesome XD

How are we gonna get all this to the Witch, anyway? I was just goin to email her links proving the work was being done...

Have just started the tv tropes page. Wil try and work on it a bit before showing you guys. I an not wonderful at this...
Last edited by Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm

We could send her the slogans and ask her which one is the best. Then we design many posters and we ask her which is the best.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Before you come up with a slogan, shouldn't you come up with a name for her political party first? Or does she already have one?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Victin wrote:We could send her the slogans and ask her which one is the best. Then we design many posters and we ask her which is the best.

Sounds about right. I was thinking of creating a Slogan suggestions page, but I think I may be flooding this section with stuff...
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:54 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Before you come up with a slogan, shouldn't you come up with a name for her political party first? Or does she already have one?

Of course she does. The Emerald Party.

Hmm.
Upper: "Go West. Go evil."
Lower: "Wicked Witch for the president"
I think that should work for the conventional poster. I still like the Obama's format, but I don't see how they can't coexist. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Dryunya wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Before you come up with a slogan, shouldn't you come up with a name for her political party first? Or does she already have one?

Of course she does. The Emerald Party.

Hmm.
Upper: "Go West. Go evil."
Lower: "Wicked Witch for the president"
I think that should work for the conventional poster. I still like the Obama's format, but I don't see how they can't coexist. :gurt:

She does, it's The Emerald Party aaand I ltierally JUST put up the Tv tropes page for it.

...I have NO idea what to do with it. :?

I like that slogan.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Ok. I don't really understand what the trope page is for, and what's going to be there, or what the hell is happening around. I think that ARG is reaching its critical mass, and soon it will collapse on itself in my head. :(
I think I'll catch up on the other forums a little, and then I'll make that Obama poster template, because as a campaign manager, I can't be slacking off. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Dryunya wrote:Ok. I don't really understand what the trope page is for, and what's going to be there, or what the hell is happening around. I think that ARG is reaching its critical mass, and soon it will collapse on itself in my head. :(
I think I'll catch up on the other forums a little, and then I'll make that Obama poster template, because as a campaign manager, I can't be slacking off. :evil:

I think, basically, I wanted to show the witch some evidence that we ARE doing what we promised we'd do, which is using the internet to gain followers to her cause. The tv tropes page was the easiest, and fastest way to create anything resembelling a 'website' for her campaign. Lots of politicans are mentioned in Real Life sections of TV tropes, so having a page for HER acampaign isn't too strange. With that, plus the posters that will be displayed in real life, we'll have at least some degree of internet presence.

That'... that's about it, really.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Now that today's discussions have calmed down a little and I've finally found the time to get on with Obama poster, I've realized that I couldn't find decent Witch pics if my life depended on it. There are mostly screenshots from the film, where she has a more "traditional" attire. The witch we're talking about is more modern. My only guess is to find some random "modern" witch and paint her green. :?
I think I'll have to make do with the poster I've chosen before for a first batch. Just to test the water.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:21 am

Oh! I'm so sorry, I almost forgot... Um.. I did print the posters today, but, er, well, I didn't hang them, because no matter how much I've looked, I couldn't find a bulletin board anywhere, and, well, I was too scared to hang them on the walls, because I tried a crowded district - so many people watching, I was afraid of getting into trouble... I'm terribly sorry, I'm a lousy meta-knight...
I've found another promotional place, though, and there are a lot of smart ponies, but, um... It's where I work, that... that would be so embarassing... :oops:

No, srsly. If anyone at work would connect me to this, I'd die of shame. -_-
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 am

Dryunya wrote:Oh! I'm so sorry, I almost forgot... Um.. I did print the posters today, but, er, well, I didn't hang them, because no matter how much I've looked, I couldn't find a bulletin board anywhere, and, well, I was too scared to hang them on the walls, because I tried a crowded district - so many people watching, I was afraid of getting into trouble... I'm terribly sorry, I'm a lousy meta-knight...
I've found another promotional place, though, and there are a lot of smart ponies, but, um... It's where I work, that... that would be so embarassing... :oops:

I totally sympathise, I have no idea how I'd even explain this to the people at work, they already think I'm a total loon.

If you're lousy then so am I, :( I tried to do it at the library today, but the colour printer was busted (also that machine costs, like a pound per sheet, damn it, I need more printer ink but again - costs a damn bomb). If we can start getting some ideas up on the poster suggestions section, though, maybe we can gather more metaguards to post.
Scarab

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Oh! I'm so sorry, I almost forgot... Um.. I did print the posters today, but, er, well, I didn't hang them, because no matter how much I've looked, I couldn't find a bulletin board anywhere, and, well, I was too scared to hang them on the walls, because I tried a crowded district - so many people watching, I was afraid of getting into trouble... I'm terribly sorry, I'm a lousy meta-knight...

I totally sympathise, I have no idea how I'd even explain this to the people at work, they already think I'm a total loon.

If you're lousy then so am I, :( I tried to do it at the library today, but the colour printer was busted (also that machine costs, like a pound per sheet, damn it, I need more printer ink but again - costs a damn bomb). If we can start getting some ideas up on the poster suggestions section, though, maybe we can gather more metaguards to post.

I donno, I've explained it to a few people, they have all found it interesting... none of them have thought I was crazy =P "Basically, it's part of an ongoing improv game where fictional characters have broken into reality. It's a fun little thing, you should check it out."
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:I donno, I've explained it to a few people, they have all found it interesting... none of them have thought I was crazy =P "Basically, it's part of an ongoing improv game where fictional characters have broken into reality. It's a fun little thing, you should check it out."

Yeeah probably wouldn't work in my workplace. Appears to be working with my friends and folks I advertised to on Deviantart, though. :)

Whatever the case we need to start getting some posters out there, I should probably work on that I am a sucky campaign manager. :/
Scarab

Postby OneWhiteRabbit on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Scarab wrote:
Chief Wakamakamu wrote:I donno, I've explained it to a few people, they have all found it interesting... none of them have thought I was crazy =P "Basically, it's part of an ongoing improv game where fictional characters have broken into reality. It's a fun little thing, you should check it out."

Yeeah probably wouldn't work in my workplace. Appears to be working with my friends and folks I advertised to on Deviantart, though. :)

Whatever the case we need to start getting some posters out there, I should probably work on that I am a sucky campaign manager. :/

Has anyone considered creating a Facebook Page for Ms. West or the Emerald Party? I think it would be a good place to showcase the poster art as well as recruit people to our cause.
It's meat on a stick...so, yes.
OneWhiteRabbit

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:39 pm

I may not be a MetaGuard or Knight, but if you'd like, I could give the posters a shot. I know quite a few places where I could potentially put posters or flyers, and I may have mentioned it to an aquaintance of mine whom is a self proclaimed fan of the Witch and she found it intriguing.
Tyltalis

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Tyltalis wrote:I may not be a MetaGuard or Knight, but if you'd like, I could give the posters a shot. I know quite a few places where I could potentially put posters or flyers, and I may have mentioned it to an aquaintance of mine whom is a self proclaimed fan of the Witch and she found it intriguing.

Go ahead: they spread the word about the ARG.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Alrighty then. I can't do it today, but perhaps by wednesday I can deposit them in several places and on Thursday I can show it to a whole group of people I think may also be interested.
Tyltalis

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Tyltalis wrote:Alrighty then. I can't do it today, but perhaps by wednesday I can deposit them in several places and on Thursday I can show it to a whole group of people I think may also be interested.

You're amazing, that would be fantastic :D

Pictures of your postings would help, if that's okay, so we can show the witch.

I will totally get on with printing some of my own, and then locating somewhere to put them :oops: ... there's sure to be SOMEWHERE darn it...
Scarab

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Thank you, it is the least I could do to help the cause. Perhaps someday I could help out more.

That may prove a bit more difficult, but I'll do it anyways. I'll just have a friend come with me to document it. :)

Well, if you don't quite have somewhere to post them properly, you could always place them where people are guaranteed to look, such as in magazines or places like that.
Tyltalis

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Tyltalis wrote:Thank you, it is the least I could do to help the cause. Perhaps someday I could help out more.

That may prove a bit more difficult, but I'll do it anyways. I'll just have a friend come with me to document it. :)

Well, if you don't quite have somewhere to post them properly, you could always place them where people are guaranteed to look, such as in magazines or places like that.

You know that's a good idea: between the pages of magazines, and so on, could be a plan.
Scarab

Postby Tyltalis on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks. For example, at the barber shops close to where I live, they have magazines for people who are waiting to read, so some can go there. Manny other places have racks and whatnot where they keep stuff like that, you can drop some off there. Then, if there is an empty desk or something where you know somebodies going to come, you can leave a poster there and hope they bother reading it.
Tyltalis

Postby Tyltalis on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Oh, umm, Scarab, I've started putting Emerald Part Advertisments in and among manny books and magazines in various locations, including but not limited to: A library, A barbershop, and A school. Will post small 'posters' tomorow.
Tyltalis

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Just remember to photograph evidence of their being up. :D That we can move forward on this plot thread. The Witch hasn't updated for quite awhile.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch