The Witch's Campaign Poster

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

The Witch's Campaign Poster

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 pm

So it seems her Witchliness has already done a bit of her own campaigners work for them. I recieved an email not too long ago (in response to a very vague, uninformative one I sent her of the work we were supposedly doing) which appears to indicate that she's placed her trust in us.

It also contained the Witch's intended campaign poster, which since then has appeared on the Witch's blog. I'll repost it here for convenience sakes.

Yeah, I might tell her to remove the pentagram once I'm finished rolling around on the floor laughing. Anyway, there we have it, now what the heck do we do with it?

PS: Whoever did that poster is a really great artist, just getting that out there.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: The Witch's Campaign Poster

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 pm

If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

She is good. I will pretend I'm a fanboy that you managed to convince. Is that ok?
META - Why is there the watchthefootage in there? (rethorical question)
Last edited by Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Victin wrote:She is good. I will pretend I'm a fanboy that you managed to convince. Is that ok?
META - Why is there the watchthefootage in there? (rethorical question)

Well that's cool, but try not to be TOO enthusiastic ;)

Because essentially, we're using this to advertise the forum as much as act like we're putting on a campaign. Hopefully the link tothe forum will help draw new members in.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Victin wrote:She is good. I will pretend I'm a fanboy that you managed to convince. Is that ok?

I suppose it's okay. But I don't know what good it will do. She already trusts us. I don't think we need to trick her at this point. What we do need is to do some real campaigning (read recruitment) and get some actual new people to support her cause.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 pm

OH GOD... she knows where we are! WTF? Why would the GMs DO that? It doesn't make sense for her to have a poster with this URL in-game without knowing about it, and it makes no sense for her not to have DONE something if she does know... Unless that was all part of the plan... Oh crap.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Sicon112 wrote:OH GOD... she knows where we are! WTF? Why would the GMs DO that? It doesn't make sense for her to have a poster with this URL in-game without knowing about it, and it makes no sense for her not to have DONE something if she does know... Unless that was all part of the plan... Oh crap.

A Wizard Did It
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Sicon112 wrote:OH GOD... she knows where we are! WTF? Why would the GMs DO that? It doesn't make sense for her to have a poster with this URL in-game without knowing about it, and it makes no sense for her not to have DONE something if she does know... Unless that was all part of the plan... Oh crap.

Wait wait, hang on, back up, deep breaths.

Is this not just a metathing on the GMs part? I thought half the idea of this mock campaign was that we could use it as site advertisment for the forum and get more players in... I'm pretty sure this is something we're meant to gloss over. None of the characters have come here yet, right? Besides Cheshire who doesn't care...
Scarab

Postby Flitterbie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Flitterbie

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Scarab wrote:

Is this not just a metathing on the GMs part? I thought half the idea of this mock campaign was that we could use it as site advertisment for the forum and get more players in...

I know that, but it makes NO SENSE. It just kinda shattered my Suspension of Disbelief, is all. Unless it really IS all part of the plan. So, its either a bad plot hole or a terrifying gambit, the end of which I can't figure out yet! I'm not sure which I would rather have... I hate Morton's Fork sometimes...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Is this not just a metathing on the GMs part? I thought half the idea of this mock campaign was that we could use it as site advertisment for the forum and get more players in...

I know that, but it makes NO SENSE. It just kinda shattered my Suspension of Disbelief, is all. Unless it really IS all part of the plan. So, its either a bad plot hole or a terrifying gambit, the end of which I can't figure out yet! I'm not sure which I would rather have... I hate Morton's Fork sometimes...

Now you've got ME worrying :/ There's really nothing we can so about it right now except hope your suspension of disbelief is ALL that's going to be shattered, because otherwise the other campaigners and I MAY be needing a bunker somewhere...
Scarab

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 pm

I commented.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Victin wrote:I commented.

Good job :) Makes it seem like we're having an impact already.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 pm

That was my first thought! How the hell can she trust us if she knows about the forums where we keep discussing how to trick her? :shock:

Maybe somebody who is good at talking to her can somehow lure that out of her? Because that's really important.

UPD: Oh, an idea! Make those who have nothing to do with the campaign ask her what the hell the second link is. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Dryunya wrote:

That was my first thought! How the hell can she trust us if she knows about the forums where we keep discussing how to trick her? :shock:

Maybe somebody who is good at talking to her can somehow lure that out of her? Because that's really important.

UPD: Oh, an idea! Make those who have nothing to do with the campaign ask her what the hell the second link is. :gurt:

Look at the witches blog and see the true story behind this AND the true purpose of that comment.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 pm

She's good. :mrgreen:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Look at the witches blog and see the true story behind this AND the true purpose of that comment.

You know I feel kinda dumb now because you did SEEM to be acting a little OOC, in that comment, at least so far as I know you. Hindsight is 20/20

Meanwhile, let us start as we mean to go on. We have posters to distribute.
Scarab

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch