Email Exchanges with the Witch

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby JRPictures on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 am

HOLY SH*T

That's amazing.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 pm

The emails are going like wildfire lately, but we felt the need to give the Witch one last warning concerning the Cabal's intentions. As such I send her the following email in warning. Said email also includes links to the Cabal's pheeble activity.

Scarab wrote:There is something more we have to warn you about.

If you have been browsing the forums you may already know about this, but just in case you haven’t had the chance, here is currently a group of people in action who’s plans to remain in this world at the expense of all others
They go by the collective name of The Cabal. They are comprised of characters who, like you, emerged from other worlds. While their desire to remain here are, in a way, understandable, we are also now aware of something about people like you that puts an entirely new spin of things: your existence here is messing with the world itself. If the Cabal remain then they run the risk of severely destabilising our reality. If they succeed then not only do people like yourself not get to return home, but those who wish to stay won’t get their desired ending either – the destruction of the world as we know it will see to that.
They are known as Don Juan. James Moriarty, Morgan le Fay, and Erik, otherwise known as The Phantom of the Opera. You may have noticed in the news papers recently that a play known as ‘The Shadow Under the Ice’ has been produced. A member of the Cabal was responsible for this play, to what ends we don’t know, but we know they will use whatever power is in their means to convince you to stay... and I’ve no idea how far that ‘convincing’ will go. Admirably devious they may be, but be damned if this isn’t really bloody inconvenient for us and you.

You can find information about the Cabal and their plans to stay at the following links.
http://pheeble.twwf.info/?tdnfhaka
http://pheeble.twwf.info/?aaahfybw
http://pheeble.twwf.info/?smnbhjvi
Also, use the passwords Intro1 through to intro6 here: http://pheeble.twwf.info/get_arch_code.html in order to obtain access to the original discussions we found when the Cabal were first identified.

Watch out for these people. We believe they plan to move and attempt to coerce you and others like you, that is if they haven’t already tried. If you choose to stay of your own will, we shall of course continue discussing future plans with you, but your desire to return seems strong. We shouldn’t allow anything to jeopardise that.
I would SPECIFICALLY warn you about Don Juan, who is planning to contact you specifically, he is... shall we say a little questionably forward?

Sincerely
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Most recent email to the witch dealing with Qara’s experiment.

In our continuing efforts to discover how to return you home we have compiled a list of works by the author who wrote The Wizard of Oz book which you were unable to read. Would you be able to tell us if it’s possible for you to read these texts?
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/436/436-h/436-h.htm
http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5660/pg5660.html
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4357/4357-h/4357-h.htm
Yeah, I know, they’re all sickening, but the real question is, are they readable?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 am

Well, prior to realising our complete inability to understand how these polling systems work I recieved the following email.

Wicked Witch wrote:Well done, my pretties! The vote count is not complete, but my victory is all but assured, thanks to your diligent work. Just look at the electoral map! Evil may yet sweep over this land!


I didn't get back until AFTER the final results, by which point the error had been realised, so, um... Yeah, Dryu, Wacky, feel free to go hide under something large. This reply was all I could think of.

Scarab wrote:...So. Um.

Do I still get a flying monkey, or should I be content with continuing to exist in this space time continuum?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:51 pm

I thought perhaps we were missing out on a possibly vital source of information, and I posit to you the idea of asking the witch to help us find out the truth about the Walls collapse.

She most likely will not be able to help at all, I know, but I just won’t feel right about this unless I know we’ve examined the possible avenue. So here is my proposed Email to the witch re: walls falling. Any input would be appreciated, guys.

Dear Witch,

Even given our abject failure to propel you to leadership if the United States, I assume you are still aware of my team’s loyalty. I am actually starting to assume that’s the only reason we haven’t yet been hunted down with flying monkeys for our failure (that or you still haven’t found a way to get flying monkeys into this world, which is understandable) so... thanks for that. Don’t let it be in doubt. We’re sorry for having failed you and sorry that the world won’t see the change we know you hoped for. But perhaps it was never meant to be. Perhaps winning would have forced you to stay in a place you no longer wish to be.

Anyway I digress. This loyalty now extends to wishing to return you to your world. However... this is going to require some honesty on my part.

We are seeking evidence. If you were able to help us, it may significantly aid in the plan to return you home. As you may know, we know of many people such as yourself who came here from other worlds besides our own.

To cut a long story short: your world is separated from ours by a Meta-Wall, which we have been informed is currently breaking down. If you guys stay here, the world is going to go kablooey. This is the logic we have been working on for a while. Not only is staying undesirable for you, but it may also result in the destruction of the world. Naturally, with odds like that (and with you wanting to go home anyway) the forums agreed that sending you all home was a good idea.

Except now... we find ourselves troubled. We are not sure that the damage we assumed was happening to the Wall really IS happening. We are not sure if The Wall will Fall.

This is where you come in. You have already demonstrated a unique aptitude and skills regarding science and specifically quantum mechanics. Your intelligence in these areas far exceeds any of our own and such intelligence has developed with extraordinary speed. In short, you’re a genius and if anybody can find the answers we seek, then it’s you.

Understand that either way we will send you home as you wish, but your assistance in this department may be helpful and hopefully, rewarding. besides which, we have no way of knowing what will happen to YOUR world should ours be destroyed but we’re quite sure there may be some kind of knock on effect. Also, should this catastrophe take place BEFORE we can send you back... well you won’t be around to complain.

So I ask you this: if we provide you with access to all our collected data. Can you find out whether or not the Wall is REALLY collapsing, and whether or not characters such as yourself really cause damage to this world, and then demonstrate this proof to us?

Sincerely
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 pm

The following addition may be made.

The first thing I must tell you about is the nature of your reality: do you remember way back, when I asked you about a little girl with a small dog? You see the world you come from, Oz, is understood by people here to be a fictional creation: a story written for children in which you, the Wicked Witch of the West, terrorized Oz, and the silver slippers you wished to claim were in the possession of a young girl named Dorothy. I will not lie to you and say this story ended the way you would wish. That is why you couldn’t read the book the others linked you to. Because NONE of the people from fictional worlds can reads their associated books.

Essentially, in our world? You’re understood as fictional. you however, are quite clearly alive and real, so we’re entirely willing to believe that perhaps, you only appear fictional to us because that is the only way that your world can be perceived by ours. Do not doubt that there or here, you were and are alive.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm confused. Why are you telling her all this? I thought she knew. She reads our forums, she's studied our predicament, and even was the first fictional to read her own wikepedia page. The only thing she could possibly not know in that long winded wall of text is that we are beginning to doubt whether the wall is falling (Which I don't, by the way). If you want the witch to read your letter, it could help if you cut away everything that she should already know about. You don't want a repeat of Silver and his discarding a message for being too long.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:27 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I'm confused. Why are you telling her all this? I thought she knew. She reads our forums, she's studied our predicament, and even was the first fictional to read her own wikepedia page. The only thing she could possibly not know in that long winded wall of text is that we are beginning to doubt whether the wall is falling (Which I don't, by the way). If you want the witch to read your letter, it could help if you cut away everything that she should already know about. You don't want a repeat of Silver and his discarding a message for being too long.


Okay so it needs shortening, and I don't have to tell her the fictional thing. Is that all I have to change?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Allow me to point out that there isn't ANYONE here who does NOT believe the wall is falling. Even the CABAL has admitted that the Wall is falling. That isn't what is up here. What we wish to know is whether there is a SEPARATE effect caused by "fictional" beings existing on this plane of reality. The Wall is falling and must be plugged. No one doubts that. However, we are doubting whether fictionals are causing damage by their nature, the result of which isn't the fall of the Wall, but the obliteration of reality.

...though to be fair, the Wall falling might actually cause that too. Who knows?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Allow me to point out that there isn't ANYONE here who does NOT believe the wall is falling. Even the CABAL has admitted that the Wall is falling. That isn't what is up here. What we wish to know is whether there is a SEPARATE effect caused by "fictional" beings existing on this plane of reality. The Wall is falling and must be plugged. No one doubts that. However, we are doubting whether fictionals are causing damage by their nature, the result of which isn't the fall of the Wall, but the obliteration of reality.

...though to be fair, the Wall falling might actually cause that too. Who knows?


I think ultimately the idea is that the wall falling will be what obliterates it. But the question is what is causing it to decay further after it's initial break? Unless that is addressed, the problem will only get worse.
User avatar
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:04 am

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Allow me to point out that there isn't ANYONE here who does NOT believe the wall is falling. Even the CABAL has admitted that the Wall is falling. That isn't what is up here. What we wish to know is whether there is a SEPARATE effect caused by "fictional" beings existing on this plane of reality. The Wall is falling and must be plugged. No one doubts that. However, we are doubting whether fictionals are causing damage by their nature, the result of which isn't the fall of the Wall, but the obliteration of reality.

...though to be fair, the Wall falling might actually cause that too. Who knows?


I think ultimately the idea is that the wall falling will be what obliterates it. But the question is what is causing it to decay further after it's initial break? Unless that is addressed, the problem will only get worse.


No, no, what we are worried about is the decay of reality itself, instead of just the wall. After all, the fear is that if we were to close the wall and shut up all of the holes, we would suddenly find that the fictionals are still causing a disaster by breaking down our reality directly. The Wall IS decaying, and the number of fictionals on this side probably isn't helping matters, but the risks we are usually talking about, as far as I know, are the risks of the collapse of our level of reality due to the conflicting natures of the characters and our world.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am

Sicon112 wrote:No, no, what we are worried about is the decay of reality itself, instead of just the wall. After all, the fear is that if we were to close the wall and shut up all of the holes, we would suddenly find that the fictionals are still causing a disaster by breaking down our reality directly. The Wall IS decaying, and the number of fictionals on this side probably isn't helping matters, but the risks we are usually talking about, as far as I know, are the risks of the collapse of our level of reality due to the conflicting natures of the characters and our world.


Well we're not going to get any proof from Mister A and we're certainly not going to get it from the Cabal, this is the ONLY remaining angle I can think of to ask. She has brains, we should take advantage of it even if it turns out to be a fruitless endeavour.

I will abbreviate the letter a great deal today before sending it to her. But I'm still going to send it. It might be a desperate ploy, but you nkow what? We ARE desperate. Clear answers as to whether or not the fictionals are damaging reality would be very, VERY convenient right now.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Final email sent.

Scarab wrote:Dear Witch,
Even given our abject failure to propel you to leadership if the United States, I assume you are aware of my team’s loyalty. I am actually starting to assume that’s the only reason we haven’t yet been hunted down with flying monkeys for our failure (that or you still haven’t found a way to get flying monkeys into this world, which is understandable) so... thanks for that. Anyway I digress. This loyalty now extends to wishing to return you to your world. However...

We are seeking evidence for something. If you were able to help us, it may significantly aid in the plan. As you may know, we know of many people such as yourself who came here from other worlds. I suspect you already know this so to cut a long story short: your world is separated from ours by a Meta-Wall, which we have been informed is breaking down. If you all stay here, the world is going to go kablooey.

This is the logic we’ve been working on for a while. Naturally, with odds like that (and you wanting to go home anyway) the forums agreed that sending you all back was a good idea. Except now... we find ourselves troubled. We are not sure that the damage we assumed was happening to the Wall really IS happening. We are not sure if The Wall will Fall.
This is where you come in. You have already demonstrated a unique aptitude regarding science and specifically quantum mechanics. Your intelligence in these areas far exceeds any of our own.

Understand that either way we will send you home as you wish, but your assistance in this department may be helpful and hopefully, rewarding. Besides which, we have no way of knowing what will happen to YOUR world should ours be destroyed but we’re quite sure there may be some kind of knock on effect. Also, should this catastrophe take place BEFORE we can send you back... well you won’t be around to complain.

So I ask you this: if we provide you with access to all our collected data. Can you find out whether or not the Wall is REALLY collapsing, and whether or not characters such as yourself really cause damage to this world, and then demonstrate this proof to us?
Sincerely


...I think this is what you call the desperate last grasp of a drowning woman.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 pm

But I don't get why the wall collapsing is even a question! Where is this coming from, people? Of course the wall is collapsing! How else are pieces of it scattered around the world? How are characters here? In fact, if it isn't collapsing, why are we even here?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Sicon112 wrote:In fact, if it isn't collapsing, why are we even here?


Just to troll you. :P
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Adell on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:28 am

Sicon112 wrote:But I don't get why the wall collapsing is even a question! Where is this coming from, people? Of course the wall is collapsing! How else are pieces of it scattered around the world? How are characters here? In fact, if it isn't collapsing, why are we even here?


...The question is whether the characters presence is effecting the collapse or not. That's what we want to know, dude. Obviously the wall is collapsing.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 am

Adell wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:But I don't get why the wall collapsing is even a question! Where is this coming from, people? Of course the wall is collapsing! How else are pieces of it scattered around the world? How are characters here? In fact, if it isn't collapsing, why are we even here?


...The question is whether the characters presence is effecting the collapse or not. That's what we want to know, dude. Obviously the wall is collapsing.


That is what I was saying, Adell. I don't understand why anyone thinks otherwise.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Sicon112 wrote:How are characters here? In fact, if it isn't collapsing, why are we even here?


Well, I, for one, enjoy your company :P
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 am

Given that we not have all her echoes it seemed prudent to contact the Witch with regards to her reading

Scarab wrote:Witch,

We’re almost ready. The means by which you can be returned home have been founded, the method is workable. We can return you to your own world via the same method utilised in your birth – we write a story that will transport you back to Oz... Okay I admit I don’t really understand how it works, but to cut a long story short: you’re going home, within eleven days.

There is a single requirement: when the story is completed it will be sent to you, and you must read it,: or be have someone read it to you (I am not sure that having somebody else read it is required but that’s been the case with the test subjects, so... there you are.)

I hope this makes you happy.


Sooo yeah. I know, I'm repeating stuff she already knows but whatever. It's a minion's JOB to be repetitive, I guess... (not that I did a great job of that but you know) >.>

I'm not sure if somebody ELSE has to read their fiction, or not. I guess it hardly matters.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 am

Scarab wrote:Given that we not have all her echoes it seemed prudent to contact the Witch with regards to her reading

Scarab wrote:Witch,

We’re almost ready. The means by which you can be returned home have been founded, the method is workable. We can return you to your own world via the same method utilised in your birth – we write a story that will transport you back to Oz... Okay I admit I don’t really understand how it works, but to cut a long story short: you’re going home, within eleven days.

There is a single requirement: when the story is completed it will be sent to you, and you must read it,: or be have someone read it to you (I am not sure that having somebody else read it is required but that’s been the case with the test subjects, so... there you are.)

I hope this makes you happy.


Sooo yeah. I know, I'm repeating stuff she already knows but whatever. It's a minion's JOB to be repetitive, I guess... (not that I did a great job of that but you know) >.>

I'm not sure if somebody ELSE has to read their fiction, or not. I guess it hardly matters.


As a matter of fact, someone has to read it to her, and it does matter. Having her read it herself will not work. And it is important that she understands this.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:14 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:As a matter of fact, someone has to read it to her, and it does matter. Having her read it herself will not work. And it is important that she understands this.


Right, I didn't realise... okay I'll mention it
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Emailed her with regard to her returning powers.

The Wicked Witch wrote:So, powers back, huh?
As much as I would love to celebrate this I do fear bad things are in store.
Btw how many people have you cursed so far , and were any of them politicians?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Would there be any apparent change if she had cursed a politician? XD Sorry, couldn't resist.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Adell on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Scarab could read it to her...somehow? Maybe if you recorded yourself reading it?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Email Exchanges with the Witch

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Adell wrote:Scarab could read it to her...somehow? Maybe if you recorded yourself reading it?


The refic, you mean? Heck I'm up for that, but I dunno if a recording would work...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron