The Emerald Party Trope Page

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

The Emerald Party Trope Page

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:07 pm

So, okay, in keeping with our promise to the witch to use the internet to spread news of her campaign, we now have a page on TV Tropes for the The Emerald Party.

It's right over here.

To say that I am... unskilled in the creation and formatting of decent TV Tropes pages would be a gross understatement, guys. Would appreciate some help in making this look exactly as a TV Tropes page is supposed to look. Do we have the right information down for a campaign? Is it in the right section?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: The Emerald Party Trope Page

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Instead of doing it as a trope page, why not make it into an advert?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:12 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Instead of doing it as a trope page, why not make it into an advert?

Well I figure we can keep the trope page, it's a point from which she can be seen, but.. .advertisment? How does one go about doing that?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Instead of doing it as a trope page, why not make it into an advert?

Well I figure we can keep the trope page, it's a point from which she can be seen, but.. .advertisment? How does one go about doing that?

I mean we could make the page in charcter.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:15 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:

I mean we could make the page in charcter.

Oh... right, yeah, okay that makes sense. I mean listing her campaign plans there was probably going to happen anyway but in character makes more sense, yeah.

If it's going to be in character then the witch would have to write it.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Made minor edits to fix spelling and repaired the non-working Blue Shift of Mr. A's name. You kinda had that backwards, BTW, it's the Wiki Word/URL you are linking to THEN the overtext.

If you wonder how the hell I'M figuring this out, go here.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Scarab wrote:Oh... right, yeah, okay that makes sense. I mean listing her campaign plans there was probably going to happen anyway but in character makes more sense, yeah.

If it's going to be in character then the witch would have to write it.

You are her manager. Just write from that POV. That's equally "In-Character".
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Not necessarily. Some of us showed how evil we can be when writing our applications to the witch.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Made minor edits to fix spelling and repaired the non-working Blue Shift of Mr. A's name. You kinda had that backwards, BTW, it's the Wiki Word/URL you are linking to THEN the overtext.

If you wonder how the hell I'M figuring this out, go here.

Thank you :D I did not know that page existed.

NeverSlender wrote:Not necessarily. Some of us showed how evil we can be when writing our applications to the witch.

I'll try and get it more in the spirit of her, then ask for her input to perfect my tone. She has more practise at the being evil thing than I do. Dryu's over there right now doin' his thing, so it's a work in progress right now.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:19 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Not necessarily. Some of us showed how evil we can be when writing our applications to the witch.

Like my creepy, amoral Magnificent Bastard persona? Do I need to pull that out again?

Hey... this gives me an idea... We can do a whole bunch of sections where players from here go in character and say why you should vote for the witch!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Like my creepy, amoral Magnificent Bastard persona? Do I need to pull that out again?

Hey... this gives me an idea... We can do a whole bunch of sections where players from here go in character and say why you should vote for the witch!

Yeah that'd certainly prove she's having an impact :D
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Remember how acting like that pissed of the witch? She'll have to appprove what we write first.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:24 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

Remember how acting like that pissed of the witch? She'll have to appprove what we write first.

She is getting advertisement out of it. She just got mad since we were lying to her, or in my case just Flanderizing already existing parts of my personality to truly evil levels; as long as we are lying to OTHER PEOPLE in her favor, she will let us get away with it. If she says no, I could always go on a troll roll again by hitting her in the face with her own quotations.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Hey... this gives me an idea... We can do a whole bunch of sections where players from here go in character and say why you should vote for the witch!

I don't understand what you meant. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Sicon112 wrote:She is getting advertisement out of it. She just got mad since we were lying to her, or in my case just Flanderizing already existing parts of my personality to truly evil levels; as long as we are lying to OTHER PEOPLE in her favor, she will let us get away with it. If she says no, I could always go on a troll roll again by hitting her in the face with her own quotations.

Go Go Witch Hunter Mode.

Sounds like a good plan, actually. How many advert paragraphs should aim for, if we do that?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Hey... this gives me an idea... We can do a whole bunch of sections where players from here go in character and say why you should vote for the witch!

I think he means we need to have a section in the quotaions page of The Emerald Party's trope where the witch's supporters voice their solidarity with her plans, which I think is a good idea.

Whatever the case, we need to contact her and get a statement, as well as a more formal list of her plans for the country post-election. Feel free to mess with her page if you think there's something I could've said better or doesn't make sense.

Pixelmage wrote:Sounds like a good plan, actually. How many advert paragraphs should aim for, if we do that?

As many as possible, I'm betting.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Like a section where they cut to a bunch of people and ask why they are voting for the candidate, except with us and in evil-mode.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

Like a section where they cut to a bunch of people and ask why they are voting for the candidate, except with us and in evil-mode.

We can use the quotations section, at the very least.

Dryuanya, I would like to use your "go west go evil" suggestion on a version of the current poster for the TV tropes page (that was you, right)?
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Scarab wrote:Dryuanya, I would like to use your "go west go evil" suggestion on a version of the current poster for the TV tropes page (that was you, right)?

Well, that was based on NeverSlender's suggestion. Also, you've misspelled my name.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Scarab wrote:Dryuanya, I would like to use your "go west go evil" suggestion on a version of the current poster for the TV tropes page (that was you, right)?

Well, that was based on NeverSlender's suggestion. Also, you've misspelled my name.

Sorry, I'm a little tense right now. :oops:
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Dryunya wrote:

In Soviet Russia, name misspells you.

...I'm so sorry, I had to make that joke once in my lifetime don't hurt me.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:49 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

In Soviet Russia, name misspells you.

...I'm so sorry, I had to make that joke once in my lifetime don't hurt me.

We won't hurt you, you're an adorable lil' fox creature. How could we hurt something that adorable?

Of course if you turn into Cthulu's bride again...
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Scarab wrote:We won't hurt you, you're an adorable lil' fox creature. How could we hurt something that adorable?

Then I will probably sic her on all of you while sitting back with popcorn and laughing my ass off, just like usual. Also, if the new rules on the drinking game go through, it's time to take a drink. Of Green Stuff(TM).
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Scarab wrote:We won't hurt you, you're an adorable lil' fox creature. How could we hurt something that adorable?

Then I will probably sic her on all of you while sitting back with popcorn and laughing my ass off, just like usual. Also, if the new rules on the drinking game go through, it's time to take a drink. Of Green Stuff(TM).

...Isla, you wouldn't devour us all whole as Cthulu and spit out our bones to feed this monsterous offspring from the void... would you? :(
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Then I will probably sic her on all of you while sitting back with popcorn and laughing my ass off, just like usual. Also, if the new rules on the drinking game go through, it's time to take a drink. Of Green Stuff(TM).

...Isla, you wouldn't devour us all whole as Cthulhu and spit out our bones to feed this monstrous offspring from the void... would you? :(

Er... uhm... Are you allowed to plead the fifth on the Internet?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch