New WTF Update

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: New WTF Update

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:51 am

Guys, these jokes are getting Wicked
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 am

It is probably the movie witch- she's the type that most people think of when they hear The Wicked Witch of the West.

I wonder what happens if she happens to conjure up a laptop and starts trolling Cheshire, Poirot, Don Quixote, the Psycharist, Holmes, and Mr. A in order to find out where Dorothy is. And where the red shoes are.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:28 am

If she's after the ruby slippers then she'll hafta hop a broom to the Smithsonian. Look out DC!
YankeeWhite

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 am

Adell wrote:Guys, these jokes are getting Wicked

God, that joke should have a house dropped on it. :lol:
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 am

If she's after the ruby slippers then she'll hafta hop a broom to the Smithsonian. Look out DC!

Hey there's a thought actually - what about PROPS from the real world that played that role in whatever the canon of the fiction was? If the Wicked with ID actually get that particular pair of Ruby slippers, or sombody did get a hold of one of the prop sonic screwdrivers, would they concievably WORK after the wall braeaks down, or during the process of breaking?

I mean, where do the lines between fiction and reality actually lie now? I presume the wall is tangible and not just some big metaphor. Is it weaker some places (narratively significant ones, like London, because everywhere in England is London, or Kanas because one of the most well known stories of all time began there?) than others?

I was never sure why she wanted those slippers in the first place, if I'm being honest.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:04 am

Scarab wrote:

Hey there's a thought actually - what about PROPS from the real world that played that role in whatever the canon of the fiction was? If the Wicked with ID actually get that particular pair of Ruby slippers, or sombody did get a hold of one of the prop sonic screwdrivers, would they concievably WORK after the wall braeaks down, or during the process of breaking?

I mean, where do the lines between fiction and reality actually lie now? I presume the wall is tangible and not just some big metaphor. Is it weaker some places (narratively significant ones, like London, because everywhere in England is London, or Kanas because one of the most well known stories of all time began there?) than others?

I was never sure why she wanted those slippers in the first place, if I'm being honest.

Oi. Everywhere in England is Yorkshire. Or at least it should be. Damn writers don't know what they're missing.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 am

Oi. Everywhere in England is Yorkshire. Or at least it should be. Damn writers don't know what they're missing.

Well, I guess that would also be fair...

The only fiction that you have which I can think of off the top of my head is Threads which... yeah that really doesnt seem all that fair.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 am

Scarab wrote:

Well, I guess that would also be fair...

The only fiction that you have which I can think of off the top of my head is Threads which... yeah that really doesnt seem all that fair.

There is Wuthering Heights but the less said about that the better.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 am

There is Wuthering Heights but the less said about that the better.

Yeah frankly, I'd rather have Threads, but that's just me.

Wait... no I wouldn't, that was a dumb idea. I would NOT want Threads more than Wuthering Heights, not really... Although, could we perhaps combine the two?
Scarab

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:16 pm

BOTH AVERAGE JOE AND EDWARD ARE ON

GET READY

AND BEFORE YOU ASK WHY, IT'S NOT OFTEN WHEN BOTH ADMINS ARE ON

Ok, now Joe is gone, yet Edward is still on. Is there something big going on now, Ed?

And now Ed is gone! What was that all about?
The Finch

Postby AceOfSpades on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Just because they sign on, doesn't mean they have something big, could be just site maintanence.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:55 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:Just because they sign on, doesn't mean they have something big, could be just site maintanence.

Ok then. It just seems awkward when BOTH are on.
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:05 pm

The Finch wrote:Ok then. It just seems awkward when BOTH are on.

Well, Joe did just add a blurb on the main site mentioning that we found Quixote, but that's about all that happened. Also, Mr. A has been lurking around on and off for a while now.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:44 pm

On Quixote-

He seems to be extremely confused at the moment, and apparently, he found the book about his adventures, but he said the pages were BLANK.

He asked the librarian, and the pages were not blank to her.

Uh oh.

Maybe I shouldn't have sent that message to Holmes, asking him to read three of Christie's books...

and maybe I shouldn't have sent that message to Poirot either, asking him to read three of Doyle's books.

Oh dear, I've made quite a mess.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Flitterbie on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:48 pm

All we know right now is that Quixote cannot read his stories. We currently have no information that applies to Poirot or Holmes, and it's wrong to make generalizations based on a single piece of evidence.
Flitterbie

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:On Quixote-

He seems to be extremely confused at the moment, and apparently, he found the book about his adventures, but he said the pages were BLANK.

He asked the librarian, and the pages were not blank to her.

Uh oh.

Maybe I shouldn't have sent that message to Holmes, asking him to read three of Christie's books...

and maybe I shouldn't have sent that message to Poirot either, asking him to read three of Doyle's books.

Oh dear, I've made quite a mess.

All we know right now is that Quixote cannot read his stories. We currently have no information that applies to Poirot or Holmes, and it's wrong to make generalizations based on a single piece of evidence.

Exactly. And even so, we don't know that they can't read the other characters' books. We're not entirely sure if Quixote has even opened the Sherlock Holmes book he found.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:50 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Exactly. And even so, we don't know that they can't read the other characters' books. We're not entirely sure if Quixote has even opened the Sherlock Holmes book he found.

And that's a no. (Clarification: Don's twitter post just now)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Exactly. And even so, we don't know that they can't read the other characters' books. We're not entirely sure if Quixote has even opened the Sherlock Holmes book he found.

And that's a no. (Clarification: Don's twitter post just now)

I saw that. It was a reply to my twitter towards him. I tried to encourage him to read it, to see what happens.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch