New WTF Update

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Witch Hunt

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:49 am

http://watchthefootage.twwf.info/?p=55

Soooo...we were too busy drinking and totally ignored this.

I believe we found who this is.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: Witch Hunt

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 am

That is two possible villains that have fallen into our world. With her magic and Moriarty's smarts combined we are one dead human race.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

New WTF Update

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 am

Why the hell does this always happen when I'm off to bed! Geez people!

Anyhow, check out the main site for details. I see a wizard of Oz reference in the family's statements, but hell if I know where this new POI is from. Dunno if the reference was accidental, intentional but a red herring, or a hint. That's basically all that stood out to me, probably because my caffeine allowance for the day ran out hours ago, it's one in the morning, I'm coming down with a cold, and it's been years since I read the Wizard of Oz.

Yeah... not my best day. Anyhow, whoever they are, to survive a fall like that is impressive. Also, they are green. We just found another character from our comic book guys!
Last edited by Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: New WTF Update

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 am

Already made in a different topic man. Time for the mod duty of merging
Lordxana0

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 am

It's fine, i'll move my post into this thread.

If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: Witch Hunt

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 am

Bloody ninjas! Great, just great. This day is AWFUL. That's it, I quit. I'm gonna go live in a cave. If you guys want my thoughts on this, go check my thread. I dumped everything my addled mind came up with stream of consciousness over there. I'll be back in under ten hours. Hopefully I will be in a better mood.

EDIT: Not mad at you guys. Just really tired and stressed out. I got the SAT coming up in a few days, a huge amount of Latin, Calculus, and Econ homework due, plus I'm trying to get a bunch of college applications in while playing this ARG, reading, and watching anime. It's not working, and it's leaving me prone to snapping every now and then.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 am

Adell wrote:It's fine, i'll move my post into this thread.

Ah, thanks man. You didn't have to do that. Sorry about snapping like that over on the other thread. I just need a rest for now... I wasn't really mad at you anyhow.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:57 am

I know, it's all good! I'm real tired myself, so we'll need to examine this more closely tomorrow.

...Who among us emailed this to Joe?
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 am

Adell wrote:I know, it's all good! I'm real tired myself, so we'll need to examine this more closely tomorrow.

...Who among us emailed this to Joe?

Mr. Admin most likely feeding clues to Joe. Or our cat friend.

Also need to move this to this forum. We now have two villains in our world and only one hero. We are so totally boned.
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 am

See the TVTropes forum for my thoughts on this. I don't like going that meta here.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 am

Here's the article.

It's pretty clear that this is referencing one of the Wicked Witches from the Wizard of Oz, and I think it's pretty humorous that the character instead got pulled into Kansas instead of out of it. We shouldn't worry too much about her finding Moriarty at the moment, since he's purportedly in England - although it might be a problem if he finds a way to contact her (we have no way of knowing whether he reads this forum or not).

My question right now is, how much of a fictional character's power gets displaced when they come to our world? They clearly retain their intellect and demeanor, as our two favorite detectives and the cat prove, but what about magic?
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:03 am

JackAlsworth wrote:Here's the article.

It's pretty clear that this is referencing one of the Wicked Witches from the Wizard of Oz, and I think it's pretty humorous that the character instead got pulled into Kansas instead of out of it. We shouldn't worry too much about her finding Moriarty at the moment, since he's purportedly in England - although it might be a problem if he finds a way to contact her (we have no way of knowing whether he reads this forum or not).

My question right now is, how much of a fictional character's power gets displaced when they come to our world? They clearly retain their intellect and demeanor, as our two favorite detectives and the cat prove, but what about magic?

So the green girl was one of the witches. That was what I thought, but I couldn't remember for the life of me if there was a green one. Dunno why not. That book series is all a blur to me though. Last time I read it was when I was like 10.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 am

As much as I'd like to discuss this it's way too late for me, time for bed! See ya'll in the morning.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 am

Sicon112 wrote:So the green girl was one of the witches. That was what I thought, but I couldn't remember for the life of me if there was a green one. Dunno why not. That book series is all a blur to me though. Last time I read it was when I was like 10.

I'm only familiar with the movie, but IIRC, both of the evil ones were green.
JackAlsworth

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:06 am

JackAlsworth wrote:Here's the article.

Well the cat obviously has some power if he can maintain a twitter with good spelling.
Also the witch survived a huge ass fall if the report is to be believed.
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 am

Before I get off completely, I will say this: The witch is here. Great. Lovely. However, this still leaves something very important out.

What now?

Sure she is here, but what do we do about it? I'm probably the closest troper to her current location, but even I'm miles to the northeast and across a state border. (That should tell you where I live too) Besides, I'm a hikikomori for pete's sake! I do not just "go outside", let alone take a roadtrip! (OK, that's an exaggeration...) Anyhow, the point is that the internet is my eyes and ears, and with it, even the other side of the world is not outside my grasp! However, rural Kansas kinda is... bloody hell, somebody needs to work on that. Anyway, the witch has nothing to do with the internet. Or, at least, there are no clues as to how to find anything to do with her on it.

Whatever, I'm sure something will come up. The plot is like that.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 am

Sicon112 wrote:Before I get off completely, I will say this: The witch is here. Great. Lovely. However, this still leaves something very important out.

What now?

Sure she is here, but what do we do about it? I'm probably the closest troper to her current location, but even I'm miles to the northeast and across a state border. (That should tell you where I live too) Besides, I'm a hikikomori for pete's sake! I do not just "go outside", let alone take a roadtrip! (OK, that's an exaggeration...) Anyhow, the point is that the internet is my eyes and ears, and with it, even the other side of the world is not outside my grasp! However, rural Kansas kinda is... bloody hell, somebody needs to work on that. Anyway, the witch has nothing to do with the internet. Or, at least, there are no clues as to how to find anything to do with her on it.

Whatever, I'm sure something will come up. The plot is like that.

This is why I point to her teaming up with the other villain. She has no reason to go online. There isn't an online in Oz as far as I know and she has no army or anything. But if she teamed up with him she would have a reason to go online (and of course plan to overthrow him later)

Also what the heck are we paying those Guardians to do? They let the freaking WITCH from wizard of oz into our world. She commanded an army of flying demon monkeys with cute hats. CUTE HATS PEOPLE.
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 am

Lordxana0 wrote:She commanded an army of flying demon monkeys with cute hats. CUTE HATS PEOPLE.

We need a bunch of Touhou characters to swing the balance of Nice Hats in our favor! Wait, no on second though, DON'T do that. That would be chaos.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 am

This is why I point to her teaming up with the other villain. She has no reason to go online. There isn't an online in Oz as far as I know and she has no army or anything. But if she teamed up with him she would have a reason to go online (and of course plan to overthrow him later)

Why do I get the distinct feeling that Moriarty would be invovled in any of this 'teaming up'? Asides from Mister Cake, he seems the most obvious point of organization for all these potential villains. If we're lucky (not really, but by comparison, I guess) this is the one from Wicked: the Musical... highly unlikely, I know, but I'm kind of living on hope and coffee right now. And she probably wouldn't be on our side anyway. This isn't a simple good guys vs. bad guys scenario (reality: gotta love it.)

Well the cat obviously has some power if he can maintain a twitter with good spelling.

Good rhyming skills, too. The cat's kind of a reality warper, right? So I guess silly things like laws of logic and the network would apply to him. Maybe he doesn't even realise he's maintaining a twitter? He just knows he's talking to all these lovely people via words on screens and it's fun to mess with them...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:43 am

Scarab wrote:Good rhyming skills, too. The cat's kind of a reality warper, right? So I guess silly things like laws of logic and the network would apply to him. Maybe he doesn't even realise he's maintaining a twitter? He just knows he's talking to all these lovely people via words on screens and it's fun to mess with them...

So totally Cheshie. He probably doesn't even care how he is doing it. He just does it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby DAcriznips on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 am

Makes sense that it would be one of the wicked witches since the whole reference to Topeka Kansas. Plus in the comic shard it shows her with an umbrella, meaning that she has an aversion to water since it will melt her if it touch her skin. but for some reason I have a nagging feeling in the back of my head…well had till this new update sort of acknowledged it.

At first when we first saw the comic shards, I had thought that the comic was telling the story of how the wall was broken and the events leading up into it but at the same time the opposite could be true. The book itself was a premonition of the events that have happened and the events that will happen later.

I went over the shards again and noticed that pg 4 was the face of the therapist/psychiatrist. I have theory in my head as to what might happen next, but I'm not sure if it's right or wrong…however, if it is right… then at the end, MR. A will eventually turn into pg 6
The World is Quiet Here
DAcriznips

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 am

The problem is, there is absolutely no useful information we can get from the comic. Its only purpose, for now, is foreshadowing. The events don't even seem to unfold in the page order.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 am

The problem is, there is absolutely no useful information we can get from the comic. Its only purpose, for now, is foreshadowing. The events don't even seem to unfold in the page order.

True, though that said, how much actually useful information do we have about anything right now? We know the forth wall is breaking, characters are emerging into reality, the first guy to figure it out recieved a bunch of threatening letters as a response, the Cheshire Cat can use Twitter, aaand we have some vague, presumably knowing guy who either can't, or refuses to, give us any clear information telling us that the crossing over of fiction into reality could have dire consequences. Asides from that we know very little about anything, much less how to repair this problem.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Have any of you guys seen the show Hero's? One of the characters had the ability to draw pictures of the future. Maybe the comic is showing us events that are going to happen later. Maybe it is showing the final confrontation between all of the people and characters.
Lordxana0

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 am

Have any of you guys seen the show Hero's? One of the characters had the ability to draw pictures of the future. Maybe the comic is showing us events that are going to happen later. Maybe it is showing the final confrontation between all of the people and characters.

A distinct possibility. Although it's being a little less direct and straight forward than the Heroes version.

I wonder who made the comic in the first place... Mister A?
Scarab

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch