New WTF Update

"A leader must rule through fear and flying monkeys!"

[Refictionalized 20 Dec 2012]

Re: New WTF Update

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:11 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:There's no reason not to sympathize with her. She hasn't done anything evil yet, as far as we know, since coming here. And there's no reason to believe she will. Maybe she wants to just get back home, making her sort of the reverse of Dorothy. In fact, maybe it was her who sent the article to Joe to begin with.

If Voldemort came through, would you sympathise with him?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Maybe if he arrived by falling through somebody's roof and didn't kill the first people he saw. As long as he didn't give any indication of having evil intent, why would I suspect him of having any? The witch's arrival doesn't give off any indication that she arrived to do harm. In fact, it feels like she was forced here and doesn't really want to hurt anybody.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:22 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Maybe if he arrived by falling through somebody's roof and didn't kill the first people he saw. As long as he didn't give any indication of having evil intent, why would I suspect him of having any? The witch's arrival doesn't give off any indication that she arrived to do harm. In fact, it feels like she was forced here and doesn't really want to hurt anybody.

Or that she's going the Lawful Evil route of not creating a mess without making sure it's safe to do so. I'm with Sicon, we wait for her to act first. True magic would attract too much atention. My guess is that she either can't or is holding back and playing it safe.

Anyway, how do you guys think we could take the initiative here? I'm out of ideas.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Maybe if he arrived by falling through somebody's roof and didn't kill the first people he saw. As long as he didn't give any indication of having evil intent, why would I suspect him of having any? The witch's arrival doesn't give off any indication that she arrived to do harm. In fact, it feels like she was forced here and doesn't really want to hurt anybody.

Why should you suspect that he has evil intent? You should always suspect any unknown of having ill intent. Period. At the same time, you should plan for if they don't.

But in this specific hypothetical case, I say it proves nothing if Voldemort just runs off. In fact, it's extra worrying. It means he has a plan. Why didn't the witch kill everyone near her? Why should she? If she has a plan, and killing them does not aid it, what purpose would it serve to kill them? None.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Everyone's evil unless otherwise proven? That's just not a good life philosophy in general. Let's not assume anything for the time being and wait to see what happens.

Anyway, how do you guys think we could take the initiative here? I'm out of ideas.

Joe wants us to try to find the witch, but that might be hard to do unless one of us lives in or near Kansas. I tried googling the Topeka Times, but couldn't find anything, so contacting them for more information is out. I honestly don't think there's anything to do. Wait for further developments.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Why should you suspect that he has evil intent? You should always suspect any unknown of having ill intent. Period. At the same time, you should plan for if they don't.
But in this specific hypothetical case, I say it proves nothing if Voldemort just runs off. In fact, it's extra worrying. It means he has a plan. Why didn't the witch kill everyone near her? Why should she? If she has a plan, and killing them does not aid it, what purpose would it serve to kill them? None.

Go Go the guy with the Sabrac avatar! :D

But that's a very good question. Why did she simply run off? Can or can't she use magic? If she was not spotted again so far, means she had a way of disapearing or hiding, if so, burning down the house and everyone inside would make sure no one knew she was on this side to begin with... So, why did she leave them to warn the world of her presence?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Go Go the guy with the Sabrac avatar! :D

But that's a very good question. Why did she simply run off? Can or can't she use magic? If she was not spotted again so far, means she had a way of disapearing or hiding, if so, burning down the house and everyone inside would make sure no one knew she was on this side to begin with... So, why did she leave them to warn the world of her presence?

:shock: You know my avatar! :D :D Yay! He has the most epic character design ever doesn't he?

Anyhow, I am going to give some thought to those exact questions now, but I have to leave my hikikomori cave and *shudder* go outside. (OK, it's not that big a deal. Just kidding.) I'll be out of contact for a few hours. Check Cheshie's Twitter convo thread for the new riddle he posted and see if you can figure out what the answer is before I get back.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:37 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Everyone's evil unless otherwise proven? That's just not a good life philosophy in general. Let's not assume anything for the time being and wait to see what happens.

Joe wants us to try to find the witch, but that might be hard to do unless one of us lives in or near Kansas. I tried googling the Topeka Times, but couldn't find anything, so contacting them for more information is out. I honestly don't think there's anything to do. Wait for further developments.

I'm not assuming everyone is evil, but every other character has acted in line with their fictional character. Why would she be different?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Replica on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Everyone's evil unless otherwise proven? That's just not a good life philosophy in general. Let's not assume anything for the time being and wait to see what happens.

I'm not assuming everyone is evil, but every other character has acted in line with their fictional character. Why would she be different?

It could, in a plot twist moment, be the Wicked version though, and then they wouldn't be evil.
Replica

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Replica wrote:It could, in a plot twist moment, be the Wicked version though, and then they wouldn't be evil.

Sorry, not sure what you mean.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Elphaba, in Wicked, isn't evil. Just misunderstood. Yeah, I said it that way on purpose.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Elphaba, in Wicked, isn't evil. Just misunderstood. Yeah, I said it that way on purpose.

I haven't read that, so I can't comment. The "little dog too" and "hue of emerald green" make me think it is the Oz version though. Could be a Red Herring I suppose.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Dorothy was still in Wicked. That was just the story behind the story of the Wizard of Oz. Kinda like Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead for Hamlet, except really not funny. At all.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Sicon112 wrote::shock: You know my avatar! :D :D Yay!

Ahem. :gurt:

On the topic of close contacts, the best policy is preparing as if they are hostile, and approach as if they are friendly. I believe that's laconic enough. Until proven, the witch is hostile, but she doesn't need to know that. :)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Dryunya wrote:

On the topic of close contacts, the best policy is preparing as if they are hostile, and approach as if they are friendly. I believe that's laconic enough. Until proven, the witch is hostile, but she doesn't need to know that. :)

Just carry a squirt gun with you if she approaches.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Adell wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

Just carry a squirt gun with you if she approaches.

Lol, the story could have been so much shorter if Dorothy had thought to carry one.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Adell wrote:Just carry a squirt gun with you if she approaches.

Does such a death qualify as Dropping A Bridge On Her? :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Adell wrote:Just carry a squirt gun with you if she approaches.

Does such a death qualify as Dropping A Bridge On Her? :D

*Slap* *drink*
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 pm

I hope we will soon see Holmes and Poirot battle Moriaty via Brains.

Don Quixote, if he ever gets his armour back, will get in a huge Sword Fight with the Witch.

And also, if the witch has arrived, try to look out if any flying monkeys have appeared, and reread the Wizard of Oz ( the original version.) if you have a copy.

Although she appears to be the movie one.......
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Reasons why the witch wouldn't have killed everyone in the house.
1. She has no idea if the family had some sort of magic of weapons that could beat her easily
2. Her magic no longer works
3. She fell from the sky was hurt and realized started a riot in this world would be a bad idea
4. She is the witch from Wicked.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 pm

We need to determine what witch she is- the one from Wicked, who is terrified and misunderstood, the one from the movie, who is incredibly sadistic, or the book one, who is just pure evil.

If she is the witch from Wicked, help her, and try to guide her back to Oz.

If she is the movie or book witch, fight her.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:26 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:We need to determine what witch she is- the one from Wicked, who is terrified and misunderstood, the one from the movie, who is incredibly sadistic, or the book one, who is just pure evil.

If she is the witch from Wicked, help her, and try to guide her back to Oz.

If she is the movie or book witch, fight her.

But what if she is the one from the musical?
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 pm

I think the two most likely are, in order, the original book witch, (as every other character who has multiple re-tellings appears to be the original) or the movie witch. (Due to correlation in skin color. Can't confirm whether the book witch was green as well, but I believe someone mentioned that the movie one was.)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Goldude on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Well, whatever the witch's motives are, she needed to get the heck out of Dodge.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Goldude wrote:Well, whatever the witch's motives are, she needed to get the heck out of Dodge.

...I hate you soooooooo much right now. You are an evil, evil man. You deserve the ultimate punishment.

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] The Wicked Witch