Page 2 of 4

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:39 pm
by AceOfSpades
Lordxana0 wrote:Have any of you guys seen the show Hero's? One of the characters had the ability to draw pictures of the future. Maybe the comic is showing us events that are going to happen later. Maybe it is showing the final confrontation between all of the people and characters.


That sounds more like the plot of Dark Oracle as well. A show in Canada where a brother and sister stumble upon a fortune telling comic book. If either way is the case it's probably not the only one, there could be others.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 pm
by Pixelmage
Problem is, the journal implies that the Witch is living and moving, physically, in our side. In Kansas. Well, It wouldn't be too hard to find a green person walking about!

Anyway, whoever sent the journal scanned the original. Meaning s/he had access to the physical copy, therefore, at or near the point of origin of the sighting. GET ON THE SEARCH PARTY! :gurt: I'm South America, no way to help there!

Another point, assuming physical presence: Reddit > City > Local Bloggers. Could be a online path.

Also, the journal seems a bit odd. Anyone can make sense of the title on the backside of the scan?

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:19 pm
by Sicon112
Pixelmage wrote:Problem is, the journal implies that the Witch is living and moving, physically, in our side. In Kansas. Well, It wouldn't be too hard to find a green person walking about!

Anyway, whoever sent the journal scanned the original. Meaning s/he had access to the physical copy, therefore, at or near the point of origin of the sighting. GET ON THE SEARCH PARTY! :gurt: I'm South America, no way to help there!

Another point, assuming physical presence: Reddit > City > Local Bloggers. Could be a online path.

Also, the journal seems a bit odd. Anyone can make sense of the title on the backside of the scan?


See this TVTropes post for my thoughts on the sender of the message.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:33 pm
by Pixelmage
Sicon112 wrote:See this TVTropes post for my thoughts on the sender of the message.


Reading there, but how in heavens do you use/post/edit on TvTropes... Lurking there for about 2 years now, NEVER even learned how to set up a avatar image or edit a single thing... :oops: (Oh, I "Got Known" alright, it's just that the actual usage of the Wiki system is a mystery to me.)

NO INTENTION TO DERAIL, If someone will be a helpfull soul and answer me, please do so by PM.

EDIT: :lol: A little exploration goes a long way it seems... Already finding my way around the "Use TvTropes" problem!
EDIT2: "There will be an 'add post' button here in 24 hours." I didn't want to use my old handle (It's got my real name and stuff. :oops:) So I can't post anything there for now. But thanks for the help with the PMs, I'll use the time to get used to the Wiki tools. ^^

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:39 pm
by Lordxana0
About just trying to find the witch, she has magic people. She most likely turned herself invisible or just kills the people who see her.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:42 pm
by WackyMeetsPractical
Also, the journal seems a bit odd. Anyone can make sense of the title on the backside of the scan?


When I tilt my computer at a certain angle, I can make out the text on the backside clear as day. I'll post what I saw.

OPINION

---se Against CEO in the Oval Office

The beginning of the title goes off the page. Beneath are photos of what looks like former US presidents. The article itself is illegible to me. I don't think it's significant anyway.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:45 pm
by Sicon112
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Also, the journal seems a bit odd. Anyone can make sense of the title on the backside of the scan?


When I tilt my computer at a certain angle, I can make out the text on the backside clear as day. I'll post what I saw.

OPINION

---se Against CEO in the Oval Office

The beginning of the title goes off the page. Beneath are photos of what looks like former US presidents. The article itself is illegible to me. I don't think it's significant anyway.


WARNING! METAGAMING FOLLOWS:

There is a discrepancy in the font size, and it is slightly out of alignment. Looks like they were trying to be very thorough in making that article. I don't think it's anything other than a page intended to give realism to the ARG related article.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:10 pm
by Dryunya
Here is the article with adjusted levels, flipped horizontally. Almost readable.
(Damn, photoshop is magic :D )
UPD: I've found out that imgur force-converts everything to jpg... But the quality wasn't exactly top notch in the first place. =/ If you need the png, don't hesitate to ask.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 pm
by JackAlsworth
I'm reasonably certain the photo on the left is Franklin Delano Roosevelt. And I feel like the picture on the right is Ronald Reagan, although I could be wrong.

If I'm right, then it's unlikely that this article is relevant. Nice photoshop work, though.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 pm
by Sicon112
JackAlsworth wrote:I'm reasonably certain the photo on the left is Franklin Delano Roosevelt. And I feel like the picture on the right is Ronald Reagan, although I could be wrong.

If I'm right, then it's unlikely that this article is relevant. Nice photoshop work, though.


I can confirm both guesses. Those are actually some pretty famous photos of the two.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:24 pm
by JackAlsworth
More confirmation: The caption of the photo, though grainy, clearly says the names of those pictured - Roosevelt, Reagan, and Herbert Hoover.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:46 pm
by Pixelmage
JackAlsworth wrote:If I'm right, then it's unlikely that this article is relevant. Nice photoshop work, though.


I disagree. Awesome photoshop. :D

But the fact that's a JOURNAL, the title is "---se Against CEO in the Oval Office" and the photographs are of these guys... Well, I'm not american, nor know much of USA's history, but wouldn't that mean the whole thing is OLD? Like, decades or so old?

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm
by Dryunya
Maybe they didn't really expect us to photoshop it back? :)

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 pm
by Pixelmage
Dryunya wrote:Maybe they didn't really expect us to photoshop it back? :)


Oh no, that's not true at all... We've found a Twitter in screwed up video and spent pages talking about Mr. A crossing his hands... There's NO WAY we wouldn't take at least a glance at the back of the article. :gurt:

Now, if it is relevant or not... Someone can WMG what the age of the journal might imply or is this really a dead end? Aside from the obvious that the Witch could be anywhere by now, of course.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:58 pm
by JackAlsworth
Pixelmage wrote:I disagree. Awesome photoshop. :D

But the fact that's a JOURNAL, the title is "---se Against CEO in the Oval Office" and the photographs are of these guys... Well, I'm not american, nor know much of USA's history, but wouldn't that mean the whole thing is OLD? Like, decades or so old?


Not necessarily. I can't read the article, but the current U.S. presidential election features a candidate who has a background of being a CEO. Depending on the Topeka Times' politics, the article could be arguing against his election based on former presidents with similar backgrounds.

Still think it's a dead end, though.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:58 pm
by NeverSlender
Pixelmage wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:See this TVTropes post for my thoughts on the sender of the message.


Reading there, but how in heavens do you use/post/edit on TvTropes... Lurking there for about 2 years now, NEVER even learned how to set up a avatar image or edit a single thing... :oops: (Oh, I "Got Known" alright, it's just that the actual usage of the Wiki system is a mystery to me.)

NO INTENTION TO DERAIL, If someone will be a helpfull soul and answer me, please do so by PM.

EDIT: :lol: A little exploration goes a long way it seems... Already finding my way around the "Use TvTropes" problem!
EDIT2: "There will be an 'add post' button here in 24 hours." I didn't want to use my old handle (It's got my real name and stuff. :oops:) So I can't post anything there for now. But thanks for the help with the PMs, I'll use the time to get used to the Wiki tools. ^^


And after 24 hours you will be tortured by only being able to have one post every ten minutes.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:02 pm
by WackyMeetsPractical
Joe said the article was published only a few days ago. I doubt it's decades old. It's not unlikely that an American newspaper article would print pictures of well known former presidents in articles referencing current events, especially since this is an election year, and many people are fond of comparing current nominees to past presidents.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:04 pm
by Dryunya
I agree, it's probably a dead end. It doesn't seem to have any clues, either. At least, if we ARE meant to find anything in such a decayed article, it's tinfoil hat time for everyone involved. :|
I also couldn't replicate my success with the curves manipulation, further cementing my beliefs that photoshop really is magic. :)

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:05 pm
by NeverSlender
We should really get the tin foil hat emote on this site.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 pm
by JournalistMax
You know who is to say this Witch is evil?

What if she is scared, and running from whatever it is is on the other side?

Just saying.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:46 pm
by NeverSlender
JournalistMax wrote:You know who is to say this Witch is evil?

What if she is scared, and running from whatever it is is on the other side?

Just saying.


Doesn't mean she's not evil, just that she's less powerful than what she's running from. Please don't sympathise with her.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 pm
by JournalistMax
I always sympathize and analyse first, before casting judgement.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm
by NeverSlender
I find it hard to sympathasise with her as she scared the crap out of me as a kid.

(Oz was, and still is, one of my favourite films.)

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm
by WackyMeetsPractical
There's no reason not to sympathize with her. She hasn't done anything evil yet, as far as we know, since coming here. And there's no reason to believe she will. Maybe she wants to just get back home, making her sort of the reverse of Dorothy. In fact, maybe it was her who sent the article to Joe to begin with.

Re: New WTF Update

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:10 pm
by Sicon112
JournalistMax wrote:I always sympathize and analyse first, before casting judgement.


I find it useful to sympathize with no one. It has a tendency to cloud judgement. I merely analyze.

It doesn't matter to me yet who's side the witch is on, as she has not entered the domain of the internet. As long as she is running through Kansas, I couldn't care less. (Though if she comes up here it would be a pain.) I vote we wait and let her come to us.