Twitter Conversations

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 pm

I was planning to write it, and work the echo trope in once we get it.
(Hey, that's kind of what I did with Todd-- I already knew what I was going to write before we found out what trope he needed)

I'm going to do this by the book. I won't let Silver get a chance to catch me slipping up.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 am

I'm gonna suggest here how to deal with the refic. We should probably talk to Mr. A about it, and I know you guys already brought it up to him and he said that if need be he would release his info, but until then I think our best bet is something like this:

We write a refic for Gulliver while getting LJS to write a certain letter. He writes the letter for us, and when Gulliver makes it home, he finds this letter waiting for him and also another one from the captain of ANOTHER ship. The letter is from LJS with a challenge to come find him or something.The ship captain is just contrived coincidence. Then we send LJS back into his story with some kind of treasure map or something, leading to an island off somewhere and a riddle or a hint of some kind (because that's just how treasure maps are) that Gulliver can be found there as well. He is near a port city, and he can just set off to go gather up a crew and go find Gulliver and the first treasure on the island and then set off to sail the high seas and get rich.

Boom done. Note, that is only a suggestion to give you an idea of what I'm thinking of, though you are totally welcome to use it in a story. I think, however, Mr. A may be more helpful shortly, if we can convince him to release the information.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 am

Sicon112 wrote:I'm gonna suggest here how to deal with the refic. We should probably talk to Mr. A about it, and I know you guys already brought it up to him and he said that if need be he would release his info, but until then I think our best bet is something like this:

We write a refic for Gulliver while getting LJS to write a certain letter. He writes the letter for us, and when Gulliver makes it home, he finds this letter waiting for him and also another one from the captain of ANOTHER ship. The letter is from LJS with a challenge to come find him or something.The ship captain is just contrived coincidence. Then we send LJS back into his story with some kind of treasure map or something, leading to an island off somewhere and a riddle or a hint of some kind (because that's just how treasure maps are) that Gulliver can be found there as well. He is near a port city, and he can just set off to go gather up a crew and go find Gulliver and the first treasure on the island and then set off to sail the high seas and get rich.

Boom done. Note, that is only a suggestion to give you an idea of what I'm thinking of, though you are totally welcome to use it in a story. I think, however, Mr. A may be more helpful shortly, if we can convince him to release the information.

Well, depending on what Mr.A says I think that's a brilliant idea.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 am

Actually, that works regardless of Mr. A's answers as it only involves lampshades and not direct summons of the characters in each others's stories... Even if we send them one at a time because the timelines from fiction's side are not tied to ours.

I actually suggested that in the chatroom when Qara got the response from Silver.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 am

Pixelmage wrote:Actually, that works regardless of Mr. A's answers as it only involves lampshades and not direct summons of the characters in each others's stories... Even if we send them one at a time because the timelines from fiction's side are not tied to ours.

I actually suggested that in the chatroom when Qara got the response from Silver.

I know. One of you recalled that I had said something about it earlier, so I clarified just in case people had forgotten. I was agreeing with you.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 am

Folks.... We have a deal. OK, now the fun begins.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Well, it seems that LJS is starting to complain about Gulliver's world-sickness.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:37 pm

He's said he won't deal with me anymore, because he doesn't trust me. I'm hurt. Wounded, even. Ha.

Technically, this in no way stops any Silver refic, since my plan has come from me alone and he has no reason to distrust any of the rest of you.

Still, I have a plan for this, just for the heck of it, and because I refuse to call this round with him a draw.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:He's said he won't deal with me anymore, because he doesn't trust me. I'm hurt. Wounded, even. Ha.

Technically, this in no way stops any Silver refic, since my plan has come from me alone and he has no reason to distrust any of the rest of you.

Still, I have a plan for this, just for the heck of it, and because I refuse to call this round with him a draw.

Qara I am so proud of you right now. :gurt:

LJS' reaction was absolutely priceless, not going to lie.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:56 am

I feel sorry for him, especially now that Mr. A says that the crossover is impossible. :cry:
I'll keep looking for the loopholes.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 pm

TheREALLJS wrote:YAR, DO I HAVE TO ENFORCE DISCIPLINE ON THIS CREW?! I be on a secret mission. I be searching for someone...

oh god oh god he's coming for Dryu HE'S COMING FOR DRYU

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 am

Tweeted him suggesting my help. I'm not sure what business he may possibly have here (and we can't be sure he's still in Russia). But, with elephants.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:11 am

So I, uh, wonder where LJS has been flying.

I'd ask, but... you know. Not exactly his favourite person to talk to.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Blurred_9L on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 am

I asked, but he doesn't seem to be answering. Everything he does it's a mystery lately >.<
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver