Twitter Conversations

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 am

Figure we shall need a thread for this here as well.

First order of the day(or middle of the night), if it hasn't already been done, is to send a Tweet to him informing him that we got his SOS bottle and wish more info on the subject.

(Adell: "Twitter account.")
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 am

I can't believe I missed this exciting development. Anyway, new character! Woo! But how is he lost at sea if he's in Japan? Surely I missed something.

Perhaps unimportant, but theREALLJS is following 2 other users, though they just look like beer companies. Are they legit? Or could they be clues?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby DAcriznips on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 am

Well a pirate has to drink doesn't he?
The World is Quiet Here
DAcriznips

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 am

I see what happened now. They sent the bottle before arriving in Japan. But since we had difficulties finding the bottle, they managed to rescue themselves.

Well, that's just great. Now what do we do?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 am

He seems pretty angry that we didn't rescue him in time. Is there anything we can do to get him to like us?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:51 am

Offer him rum, probably. Or sing a pirate shanty.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 am

He is just pissed off because of sushi. I'm an Otaku and even I don't like sushi, so I don't really blame him. But really, there must be something else to eat besides dumplings. Someone should explain convenience stores. And maybe also vending machines, since there are a lot of those on the streets there.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 am

Or like, go to a mcdonalds. They have those in japan for American tourists. It's not all just seafood.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 am

Adell wrote:Or like, go to a mcdonalds. They have those in japan for American tourists.

I prefer the vending machines. Unless they suck up his cash, I think there is less chance of him getting arrested, or at least acquiring police attention like Quixote. Also, convenience stores there have plenty of really weird customers, especially late at night, so unless he is openly threatening, I think there should be no chance of him being reported.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 am

Though I bet a lot of tourists act really odd too, so who knows...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 am

I honestly think no one would bat an eye at a pirate walking in lol. It just seems like one of those things that might happen in Japan from time to time (Has no idea what he's talking about and is super tired)
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 am

Adell wrote:I honestly think no one would bat an eye at a pirate walking in lol. It just seems like one of those things that might happen in Japan from time to time (Has no idea what he's talking about and is super tired)

My brother was in Japan for a few weeks a while back, so I'll ask him.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 am

Made the "What We Know: Long John Silver"
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:05 am

Adell wrote:Made the "What We Know: Long John Silver"

I saw. Looks good. I'll let you know if there is anything to add, just like always.

He says vending machines are perfect, as they have a good supply of food and drinks, and are cheap, while dispensing pretty decent quantities of food.

Also, convenience stores, especially the really quiet ones where Hikikomori go, are good ideas too, according to him.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:09 am

Maybe if someone tweets him telling him what vending machines are, he will be grateful to us for allowing him to eat stuff other than dumplings.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:25 am

...Or, you know, you could say nothing... OK, whatever. I don't have the energy for this. I'll just go to bed and come back tomorrow hoping someone sent him to a vending machine...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:59 am

BTW, if he really is in Japan, he is almost in the same timezone as me. If the puppetmasters don't cheat time-wise, I may be communicating with him while you are all asleep. :gurt:
So, what is our course of action? Unlike Don Quixote, John Silver doesn't need that much supervision. And, he is in Japan, where (pardon me for tapping into stereotypes) weirdness is more commonplace. :D

And about Gulliver. I'll try to get John tell about his adventures, that should give us an idea which book he was pulled after.
And, for that matter, how did they get to know each other, anyway? :?

UPD: Pleasepleaseplease let a cute Magical Girl cross over... ^__^
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:09 am

Aaaaand I missed plot development again. Nice.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:39 am

Do we treat this guy as a good guy or a bad guy. So far he seems mostly 'armless.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 am

I think, as long as we don't get on his bad side, he should be somewhat cooperative.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 am

Or as long as there's no treasure to be had.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 am

Dryunya wrote:UPD: Pleasepleaseplease let a cute Magical Girl cross over... ^__^

You're gonna need to be a LOT more specific...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 am

We could always try and get him closer to one of our relative positions via the judicious application of a fictional treasure map? See if we can sort of steer him towards a continent where more of us speak the same language as him. Unlessthere are any of us in Japan at this point...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am

The treasure map might be a great way to lure him to a place we want him to be, but for now we really don't have any reason to move him as long as he stays out of trouble. I think we should keep the map in mind, especially if we need to move him somewhere specific for Mr.A to send him back to the fictional world.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:36 am

Scarab wrote:

We could always try and get him closer to one of our relative positions via the judicious application of a fictional treasure map? See if we can sort of steer him towards a continent where more of us speak the same language as him. Unlessthere are any of us in Japan at this point...

Actually, my brother speaks the language pretty well, I know a good deal of it, and I actually know a few people over there that I can probably get to help if we need them, which I doubt we will.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver