Twitter Conversations

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 am

The treasure map might be a great way to lure him to a place we want him to be, but for now we really don't have any reason to move him as long as he stays out of trouble. I think we should keep the map in mind, especially if we need to move him somewhere specific for Mr.A to send him back to the fictional world.


Cool. We can always provide him with some kind of actual treasure at the time, too, just so he doesnt feel too hard done by. Fortunately I have been saving chocolate coins for a while.

I don't think Silver would get along too well with the currency in this world. Pirates are quite different to how they used to be, there are high security vaults protecting the treasure rather than desert island, angry locals and three feet of sand...

Actually, my brother speaks the language pretty well, I know a good deal of it, and I actually know a few people over there that I can probably get to help if we need them, which I doubt we will.

Good to know, all the same.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 am

Scarab wrote:
Actually, my brother speaks the language pretty well, I know a good deal of it, and I actually know a few people over there that I can probably get to help if we need them, which I doubt we will.

Good to know, all the same.


I'm an otaku and a hikikomori. Do not underestimate my connections.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 am

I'm an otaku and a hikikomori. Do not underestimate my connections.


Of course not, fellow applicant for the position of the Wicked Witch's Manager ;)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Quantumawesome on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:58 pm

How did a bottle get from Japan to Virginia Beach?
Quantumawesome
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Quantumawesome wrote:How did a bottle get from Japan to Virginia Beach?


Plot.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:30 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Quantumawesome wrote:How did a bottle get from Japan to Virginia Beach?


Plot.


Sometimes I love the fact that fiction and reality are currently merging. You can explain anything.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
Quantumawesome wrote:How did a bottle get from Japan to Virginia Beach?


Plot.


Sometimes I love the fact that fiction and reality are currently merging. You can explain anything.


'Cept Quixote. There's no explanation for Quixote.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:Sometimes I love the fact that fiction and reality are currently merging. You can explain anything.

'Cept Quixote. There's no explanation for Quixote.

Idiot Ball.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Guys. I've been looking through the archive of Long John Silver's tweets, and this one caught my attention: https://twitter.com/TheREALLJS/status/2 ... 5068450816

If LJS is trying to avoid "the Press", does that mean there's an Australian newspaper with an article about Long John Silver somewhere? Think we could dig it up?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:48 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Guys. I've been looking through the archive of Long John Silver's tweets, and this one caught my attention: https://twitter.com/TheREALLJS/status/2 ... 5068450816

If LJS is trying to avoid "the Press", does that mean there's an Australian newspaper with an article about Long John Silver somewhere? Think we could dig it up?


Sounds like a thought, I'll go do a google search on Australian News sites and Long John Silver...(okay look I know that's not much but it's really the best I have)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Scarab wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Guys. I've been looking through the archive of Long John Silver's tweets, and this one caught my attention: https://twitter.com/TheREALLJS/status/2 ... 5068450816

If LJS is trying to avoid "the Press", does that mean there's an Australian newspaper with an article about Long John Silver somewhere? Think we could dig it up?


Sounds like a thought, I'll go do a google search on Australian News sites and Long John Silver...(okay look I know that's not much but it's really the best I have)


Great catch Wacky, and good thinking, Scarab. I don't know if you will find anything on legitimate news sites, but you never know how well these people planned things.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Scarab wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Guys. I've been looking through the archive of Long John Silver's tweets, and this one caught my attention: https://twitter.com/TheREALLJS/status/2 ... 5068450816

If LJS is trying to avoid "the Press", does that mean there's an Australian newspaper with an article about Long John Silver somewhere? Think we could dig it up?


Sounds like a thought, I'll go do a google search on Australian News sites and Long John Silver...


Googling "australian news long john silver", I stumbled upon this: http://greypath.com/node/44132
Not related, but still amusing.

Meta: I doubt that such an article exists. The previous articles have all been fictitious from made up papers. I doubt the puppet masters could seriously get a real newspaper, even in Australia, to publish a fake article about Long John Silver. I was mostly suggesting that Joe or somebody could post something up on the main site like the others. If that's the case, there's probably nothing we can do to hurry it up, but it would certainly be something to look for.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Meta: I doubt that such an article exists. The previous articles have all been fictitious from made up papers. I doubt the puppet masters could seriously get a real newspaper, even in Australia, to publish a fake article about Long John Silver. I was mostly suggesting that Joe or somebody could post something up on the main site like the others. If that's the case, there's probably nothing we can do to hurry it up, but it would certainly be something to look for.


I suspect the same, but you know, if they were as serious about the ARG as that actor was about his role, one of them could have created a commotion and then claimed to be LJS in public just to see if they could get into the papers. (I really doubt that, but it would be hilarious...)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 pm

While googling the thing, I've found out that 19th September is the Talk Like A Pirate Day. That would be the most appropriate day for him to appear, ever. He started tweeting on 21th September, and he could find a phone a couple of days later.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Dryunya wrote:While googling the thing, I've found out that 19th September is the Talk Like A Pirate Day. That would be the most appropriate day for him to appear, ever. He started tweeting on 21th September, and he could find a phone a couple of days later.


Hey, that's a good thought. I totally forgot about Talk Like A Pirate Day...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

If anyone's interested, Silver's twittering again. Hasn't said much yet, though I'm trying to engage him in conversation.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby AceOfSpades on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 pm

So we got a pirate, two detectives, a witch, a princess, a talking cat from a dimension where logic and perpotrion don't apply, a knight that tilts a windmills and a therapist occupying this world. What is the connection?
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
User avatar
AceOfSpades
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:So we got a pirate, two detectives, a witch, a princess, a talking cat from a dimension where logic and perpotrion don't apply, a knight that tilts a windmills and a therapist occupying this world. What is the connection?

Mr. A's lack of patience for any of them, maybe?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:So we got a pirate, two detectives, a witch, a princess, a talking cat from a dimension where logic and perpotrion don't apply, a knight that tilts a windmills and a therapist occupying this world. What is the connection?

Mr. A's lack of patience for any of them, maybe?


Well that and they're all fictional. The only other connection is that none of them are 'modern day' fictional characters.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby AceOfSpades on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:So we got a pirate, two detectives, a witch, a princess, a talking cat from a dimension where logic and perpotrion don't apply, a knight that tilts a windmills and a therapist occupying this world. What is the connection?

Mr. A's lack of patience for any of them, maybe?


There's that, but there are a few more. All are fictional characters (save for the therepist) , some rely on real world based ideals, Sherlocks and Hercule's deduction techniques, while others rely on magic like the witch and Cinderella. Others are pretty much odd men out for their own motivations, Cheshire being a reality warper and LJS being a treasure seeker.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
User avatar
AceOfSpades
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:03 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:There's that, but there are a few more. All are fictional characters (save for the therepist) , some rely on real world based ideals, Sherlocks and Hercule's deduction techniques, while others rely on magic like the witch and Cinderella. Others are pretty much odd men out for their own motivations, Cheshire being a reality warper and LJS being a treasure seeker.


Well, Cheshire certainly seems to warp at will. But so far it seems the Witch has no power here. And we still have to see whether or not other fictionals can use special abilities.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 am

LJS just found Tokyo Tower I think.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 am

What makes you think that? I don't recall him tweeting about being in Tokyo, and it's not like there are no buildings tall enough to impress a Fish Out Of Temporal Water.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Dryunya wrote:What makes you think that? I don't recall him tweeting about being in Tokyo, and it's not like there are no buildings tall enough to impress a Fish Out Of Temporal Water.


He IS in Tokyo, but Gulliver is just calling it by it's old name. (META: I doubt that they actually have anyone in Japan, so they probably picked Tokyo Tower because it is the most well known tall building. It's just a case of probability.)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Sicon112 wrote:He IS in Tokyo, but Gulliver is just calling it by it's old name.

Sorry, I wasn't done with the transcripts when I was posting that. :roll:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron