Twitter Conversations

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Twitter Conversations

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:He IS in Tokyo, but Gulliver is just calling it by it's old name.

Sorry, I wasn't done with the transcripts when I was posting that. :roll:

Not a big deal. It's not like knowing that Tokyo was once called Edo has much use to us aside from being a random bit of trivia...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am

Looks like they're leaving Japan.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 am

NeverSlender wrote:Looks like they're leaving Japan.

Where are they going?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:12 am

The Finch wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Looks like they're leaving Japan.

Where are they going?

They haven't said, Silver just said he plans to leave.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:13 am

Ok. They should move towards where TWWP is. That way, they can leave Echoes there and we can return them to the Wall!
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

The Finch wrote:Ok. They should move towards where TWWP is. That way, they can leave Echoes there and we can return them to the Wall!

TWWP?
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:42 am

OK... apparently LJS has been... surfing. Guys, if we didn't need an artist before, we NEED one now, because that is an image that MUST be given form!

He has a peg leg, how the hell is he SURFING?!?

Oh gosh the mental image...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:49 am

Maybe he's windsurfing, and his crutch is embedded into the boat. :shock:
That's... almost cybernetic. :mrgreen:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 am

https://twitter.com/TheREALLJS/status/263179560735080448
An LJS echo coming up? Or something worse? (And how can it get worse than demon!Sayu?)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 am

... He's sailing into Hurricane Sandy, isn't he?
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:20 am

Aren't they on the wrong side of the world for that?
They just left Hawaii, which is in the Pacific. Sandy's on the Atlantic coast of the US and Canada.
...I think this is something more story-related.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Somehow I think it is related to Tara's storyline. We're about to have some fishy developments on Halloween there.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 am

Hm, well that's strange. A lot of us have seen Long John's recent rant about us not knowing what's best for Gulliver. Aaaand we had the following exchange.

Long John Silver‏@TheREALLJS

LJS wrote:
Scarab wrote:
LJS wrote:@WackyMPractical Yar, ye think ye be helping him? Ye think ye know what's best for Gulliver? Yarhahahaha, just keep thinking that.

...Maybe we can, maybe we can't. But we ARE tyring, which implies we and you both have his best interests in mind, correct?

@GlyphSun yar, who's to say, Glyphsun, WHO IS TO SAY?!

...I'm not sure if he's just grouching at me in capslock,as one like him might be prone to do, or if I should be reading into this a little more than I am. But Iwhy do I get the feeling Silver knows more about something than we do?

Anyway I've asked him what HE believes is the best thing for Gulliver. Perhaps he's respond...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 am

He's playing you. And laughing at you a little while he does it. DON'T TRUST HIM. If we can, the best thing we could do would be to VERY SUBTLY make him fear us-- it might be time to send him a series of tweets giving him some info on the refic process. Once he knows that with or without his consent, we can send him back to his world, and we can send him to bask in his riches or to swing, then maybe he'll be a bit more careful how he acts around us.

(I'm going to need to find some people in the chatroom for collaboration before taking this step, though.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:00 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:He's playing you. And laughing at you a little while he does it. DON'T TRUST HIM. If we can, the best thing we could do would be to VERY SUBTLY make him fear us-- it might be time to send him a series of tweets giving him some info on the refic process. Once he knows that with or without his consent, we can send him back to his world, and we can send him to bask in his riches or to swing, then maybe he'll be a bit more careful how he acts around us.
(I'm going to need to find some people in the chatroom for collaboration before taking this step, though.)

Well whatever my personal feelings, Q, I trust you more than I do some guy who was never a very nice person to begin with. I guess I just really, really want to believe that people can change, and that he really does want the best for a friend :(

Still I'm not sure I agree with that kind of threatening behaviour. How does careful psychological fear-encouraging that make us ANY better than the Cabal? (Yes yes I know, ends justify the means, but even so that doesn't make it feel much better especially not when we're unsure WHAT the ends will be in the first place.)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 am

Scarab wrote:Still I'm not sure I agree with that kind of threatening behaviour. How does careful psychological fear-encouraging that make us ANY better than the Cabal? (Yes yes I know, ends justify the means, but even so that doesn't make it feel much better especially not when we're unsure WHAT the ends will be in the first place.)

I'm not suggesting we threaten him. I'm suggesting we be honest with him, which is the order of the day for everyone else at the moment. Silver's a smart man; once he knows exactly how the refic process works, he should be able to figure out our wide range of options for himself (though if he gets too complacent, it can't hurt to drop a simple reminder that, in the proper context, a hanging for Silver would be quite a satisfying end).
And that's just how Silver works. If he doesn't think we've got anything over him, he'd sooner kill us all for what advantage he could get. This is one of those cases where honesty really is the best policy. :evil:

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 pm

That twitter exchange made me think that he may have been manipulated already. Even though I warned him about Morgana, he may have ignored this. I think we should find out what he thinks about us and our motives. Maybe he has been lied to.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Keep in mind that if he's being played by Morgana (which I also think is highly likely), he thinks he's playing HER (heck, he might even have a workable plan to do so). He's unlikely to TRUST her, and he'll only fear her as long as he thinks she has the upper hand.
We do want to know what he thinks of us, but more important than learning what she's said is informing that opinion ourselves, through our own actions.

After rereading the book and remembering how complex he is, I suddenly find LJS a lot more... interesting to deal with.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Okay, so he's ready to work with me.
When I get home in a couple hours, I'm going to proceed with my plan:
I'll give him the "simple" version of his otherworld-status (with maybe a link to his Other Wiki page), and of the refic process.
I will then explain that I want to write him a refic in which he gets all the treasure, no consequences, anything else he's ever wanted. If he works with me, then my refic will be the best, and will be chosen, and he gets what he wants, and I get my "glory" (note to Metaguards: this is the reasoning I will roughly give to LJS. I am not trying to "compete" with anyone's refics. And if he works with me, he's sharing with everyone... I just need him to think he knows what I get out of this agreement.)
I will further explain that my boss (i.e., Mr. A) insists on obstructing the process of me refic'ing HIM unless he allows Gulliver to hear/read his own refic.

If he buys it, then we'll be good to go on Gulliver's refic as soon as it's written (so get writing, those of you who've read Swift), plus he'll give us info on what he wants in his own refic.

...Of course, the key words are "if he buys it". Sicon, I'd appreciate input on how to present this to him before I start tweeting.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

I'd love to give you help, but I'm lucky to even be reading this right now. I'll be pretty much totally out of contact until this evening. You are on your own till then. Sorry.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Understood. I'll do my best...

And updating, since the chatroom's not for secret plans--
I tweeted LJS the first part of my plan.
Then I tweeted A asking if I could refic LJS instead of Gulliver.
That way, when A says no, I will go back to LJS with the SECOND part of my plan-- namely, explaining that my boss stubbornly refuses to let me enact my plan with him unless he lets us refic Gulliver (stated in a way that he'll be a lot more receptive to, naturally).
...So I just hope A gets back to me soon. (If he doesn't, then I'll either bring it up anyways if LJS ASKS where Gulliver comes into this, or I'll wait and if it's been long enough I'll just send the second half anyway.)

MR ADMINISTRATOR, IF YOU SEE THIS: I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD RESPOND TO MY TWITTER REQUEST WITH AN EMPHATIC NEGATIVE. THIS WILL AID IN OUR PLAN TO GET SILVER TO ALLOW US TO REFICTIONALIZE GULLIVER.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 pm

So first Mr. A gave me an open-minded maybe, which was the wrong answer. Maybe he then saw my message to him above, because a little while later he sent me a NO to the same question (which he later deleted, so there's no link, but I managed to copy it to my feed before I realized it was gone forever).

Having gotten the no I was waiting for, I proceeded to tweet LJS a "modification" to my plan, explaining that my boss (i.e., A) won't let me go ahead with my plan with him unless we accommodate for allowing a Gulliver refic.

Now to sit back and see how he'll take it.

Being the Chessmaster when Sicon's not around is hard. I can't wait for him to come and take the job back.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Triple posting because this is important
It looked like Silver was taking my bait; after I asked him what he wanted, he told me this:
TheREALLJS wrote:This might take a while. First, I want me own crew and me own ship, top o' the line and fast for her size.
next, I want to be sailing a sea where the lanes be ripe for plundering, and where every island is laden with treasure
Now listen, and this is the most important thing. I want Gulliver to be with me as me first mate.

...So yeah. That last tweet kind of breaks it.
I'm not buying all that Power of Friendship garbage, not when it comes to Silver, so I see two possibilities in his motives for this:
1. He wants Gulliver around because the guy's useful. Considering all his comments about keeping Gulliver out of trouble, unlikely.
2. He thinks he's calling my bluff.

Well, hell with playing fair, then; I'll call his right back.
I'll tell him I'll do it, and I will, too. I'll write him a refic which is legitimate in every way by A's standards. The mate will be named Gulliver. Silver doesn't have to know what he doesn't have to know.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Triple posting because this is important
It looked like Silver was taking my bait; after I asked him what he wanted, he told me this:
TheREALLJS wrote:This might take a while. First, I want me own crew and me own ship, top o' the line and fast for her size.
next, I want to be sailing a sea where the lanes be ripe for plundering, and where every island is laden with treasure
Now listen, and this is the most important thing. I want Gulliver to be with me as me first mate.

...So yeah. That last tweet kind of breaks it.
I'm not buying all that Power of Friendship garbage, not when it comes to Silver, so I see two possibilities in his motives for this:
1. He wants Gulliver around because the guy's useful. Considering all his comments about keeping Gulliver out of trouble, unlikely.
2. He thinks he's calling my bluff.

Well, hell with playing fair, then; I'll call his right back.
I'll tell him I'll do it, and I will, too. I'll write him a refic which is legitimate in every way by A's standards. The mate will be named Gulliver. Silver doesn't have to know what he doesn't have to know.

You can write his refic, if you really want to. But remember, it won't be official because we don't have Silver's echoes. If you're only plan is to persaude Silver to join your side, I guess that's okay, but it's not going to work until you get that echo and somehow inject his trope into it.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver