Discussion of Gulliver's letters

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Discussion of Gulliver's letters

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Where exactly did you meet him?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Not Your Sayu-chan on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 pm

why do you care? I didn't realise when I was sent here i was being dropped in the middle of his fanclub. you guys are as sad as he is
Not Your Sayu-chan

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Not Your Sayu-chan wrote:why do you care? I didn't realise when I was sent here i was being dropped in the middle of his fanclub. you guys are as sad as he is

Actually, if we know where he is, we might be able to send him away so he stops bothering you.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Actually, we just want him to go away. We're sick of him being here and we want him to go home.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Not Your Sayu-chan wrote:why do you care? I didn't realise when I was sent here i was being dropped in the middle of his fanclub. you guys are as sad as he is

Why do you have to be so mean? The man just wants to travel the world and write about his discoveries. He doesn't deserve the cruelties you dish out to him. On that matter, neither do we.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 pm

(If she keeps whining by morning, I'm sooo telling her mum. ^__^)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:52 pm

And you're a brat, but you don't see me complaining.

Dryunya wrote:(If she keeps whining by morning, I'm sooo telling her mum. ^__^)

Must we wait until morning? XD

No seriously, guys we have bigger things to worry about right now than some rude kid, let's get back to business.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Bit of a slow update (http://gulliver.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=117), but on the bright side, he doesn't seem to be much dispirited by Sayu's insults.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Bit of a slow update (http://gulliver.ezblog.twwf.info/?p=117), but on the bright side, he doesn't seem to be much dispirited by Sayu's insults.

Post saying we are glad to hear from him again just in case. Hopefully, the more we raise his spirits the more information he will write and the easier this gets.

Also, I have to admit he really is a moron, though this incarnation seems to be getting over it. The whole horse-people incident had me really annoyed with him when I read his book.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:58 am

Would someone remind me if there was anything even remotely useful in Gulliver's posts, other than his present location? :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 am

Dryunya wrote:Would someone remind me if there was anything even remotely useful in Gulliver's posts, other than his present location? :|

If there is, I'm not seeing it. This latest one is just giving us heads up that he is about to move, and making LJS be crazy awesome some more.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 am

narrativedilettante wrote:So now he knows that he's in the future.

Now he is sure he is in the future*
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:35 am

Another journey for Long John and Gulliver, and this time, they're flying!

And with this update, several interesting things are revealed.

Silver seemed to have already known about their time skip, either that or he just doesn't feel like reacting to it.
Gulliver's been depressed, of course.
They plan on going to England. Apparently they believe that's where everything started. True, a couple of characters have come through from there, but both Silver and Gulliver arrived in Australia. Perhaps Silver knows more than he was leading us to believe?
Silver is giving in and decided to fly in a plane. What a great friend!

Now, this seems like a very logical point to be honest with each of them about their situations and how we can send them back home. Does everyone agree?
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:37 am

I think it's time to let Gulliver know everything. That we can get him back.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 am

I just thought of something that really bummed me out. Gulliver and Silver have become great friends during their adventures, that's plain to see. But now it's getting close to time to return them to their own worlds. That means they'll never be able to see each other again. I wonder if they realize that yet. This has suddenly become very sad.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:55 am

Wacky-- BUT they can read about each other's awesome adventures to their hearts' content! So yay!

And I'm wondering if MlF's already contacted Silver-- if that's why he's headed somewhere specific. I... hope not.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:03 am

Recall my suggestion to solving the MorganaxMoriarty issue: an open ending where they both find some hint that a crossover is possible between the worlds, and are left with the choice to pursue it at their own discretion.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:04 am

Now, someone should really start letting Gulliver, and by extension, LJS, into the loop.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:05 am

Sicon112 wrote:Recall my suggestion to solving the MorganaxMoriarty issue: an open ending where they both find some hint that a crossover is possible between the worlds, and are left with the choice to pursue it at their own discretion.

I must've missed that one. Though I'm unsure how to pull something like that off believably in their respective settings.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:05 am

Sicon112 wrote:Now, someone should really start letting Gulliver, and by extension, LJS, into the loop.

I've already left a rather lengthy comment on his latest journal entry.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I just thought of something that really bummed me out. Gulliver and Silver have become great friends during their adventures, that's plain to see.

That's debatable. John doesn't say much about their relationships. While Gulliver certainly found a friend, don't forget that John is a pirate (btw, I'm about to mark him as The Pirate Who Doesn't Do Anything). Scoundrel, murderer, and stuff. In fact, I think he behaves pretty Out Of Character, but that can be written off to his successful adaptation. In any case, I don't think Gulliver would be happy about him if he read his book.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:12 am

Dryunya wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I just thought of something that really bummed me out. Gulliver and Silver have become great friends during their adventures, that's plain to see.

That's debatable. John doesn't say much about their relationships. While Gulliver certainly found a friend, don't forget that John is a pirate (btw, I'm about to mark him as The Pirate Who Doesn't Do Anything). Scoundrel, murderer, and stuff. In fact, I think he behaves pretty Out Of Character, but that can be written off to his successful adaptation. In any case, I don't think Gulliver would be happy about him if he read his book.

I thought Silver was a sympathetic villain, who had formed a healthy, even fatherly bond, with Jim. He seems to be acting along those lines here, taking in the innocent and child-like Gulliver under his wing, while still stealing and pilfering and stuff.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 am

Not stealing unless you get caught! :) And he certainly wasn't. Point taken, though, I'll make an addition to the newly added trope.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:35 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Recall my suggestion to solving the MorganaxMoriarty issue: an open ending where they both find some hint that a crossover is possible between the worlds, and are left with the choice to pursue it at their own discretion.

I must've missed that one. Though I'm unsure how to pull something like that off believably in their respective settings.

It's in the "Sending Them Back Dilemma" I outline what we were arguing about in the chatbox earlier and explain things logically. You should agree with what I said. Go take a look when you get back on.

EDIT: Here.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver