Discussion of Gulliver's letters

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Discussion of Gulliver's letters

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 am

Sicon112 wrote:Recall my suggestion to solving the MorganaxMoriarty issue: an open ending where they both find some hint that a crossover is possible between the worlds, and are left with the choice to pursue it at their own discretion.

THIS IS A CONCEPT WE HAD NOT CONSIDERED. CURRENT FINDINGS ARE AMBIGUOUS. IT WARRANTS FURTHER RESEARCH. WE WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:45 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Recall my suggestion to solving the MorganaxMoriarty issue: an open ending where they both find some hint that a crossover is possible between the worlds, and are left with the choice to pursue it at their own discretion.

THIS IS A CONCEPT WE HAD NOT CONSIDERED. CURRENT FINDINGS ARE AMBIGUOUS. IT WARRANTS FURTHER RESEARCH. WE WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.

Well, thanks Mr. A. I would appreciate that.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Mr. Administrator wrote:

Well, thanks Mr. A. I would appreciate that.

As would I! Nice one, Mister A! :D

Also - Keep yer eyes on the ball, British Tropers, Gulliver and Silver are on their way here :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:14 am

This thread is pretty unpopular, considering that Gulliver doesn't require much attention. And that's what I wanted to say - let's leave it this way. He may travel around the world all he wants - eventually he'll leave enough echoes and we'll talk to him about sending him home.
That's sooo not going to happen, right?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 pm

His latest entry makes me feel really sorry for him though. At least he has John with him, otherwise I'd honestly be really worried.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Meta: considering that they have to have different echoes, I think they will part. Maybe John had an ulterior motive in coming to England.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:49 pm

So someone told Gulliver about Swift's book.

He wants more information about the book-- maybe we should give him a wikipedia link?
Also, he made some reference to the fact that nobody comments on his blog anymore. Made me feel bad. We need to give him some more Gulliver-love.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:So someone told Gulliver about Swift's book.

He wants more information about the book-- maybe we should give him a wikipedia link?
Also, he made some reference to the fact that nobody comments on his blog anymore. Made me feel bad. We need to give him some more Gulliver-love.

I'll make one of my usual speeches shortly, once I have the time. If anyone else feels like doing it first, though, be my guest.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Also, he made some reference to the fact that nobody comments on his blog anymore. Made me feel bad. We need to give him some more Gulliver-love.

Somehow I'm having problems with having small talk with the fictites. Can't post anything not to the point. :( Maybe it's my Suspension of Disbelief failing... but I've never thought them to be real anyway. :?
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Also, he made some reference to the fact that nobody comments on his blog anymore. Made me feel bad. We need to give him some more Gulliver-love.

Somehow I'm having problems with having small talk with the fictites. Can't post anything not to the point. :( Maybe it's my Suspension of Disbelief failing... but I've never thought them to be real anyway. :?

Just talk to him like he's one of us. You're only trusting by faith that none of us are just personas being controlled by some random stranger. It's really no different.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Well, I do talk to Quixote.
...but I digress. :geek:
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Commented, linked to the wikipedia page, and mentioned the fact that Sicon would send a lengthy reply. And I openly admit my potential fictitiousness. It encourages the possibility of crossovers.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:06 am

Ok, now John Silver found his book. Given his smarts, he'll probably take some action soon. Maybe they'll turn to us. Anyway, I think their period of irrelevance is coming to an end.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:12 am

Dryunya wrote:Ok, now John Silver found his book. Given his smarts, he'll probably take some action soon. Maybe they'll turn to us. Anyway, I think their period of irrelevance is coming to an end.

Wall of Text now up. I swear though, if they keep totally ignoring us...

Well, I'll just get really mad. Anyhow, to forestall that, I added in a hook to open dialogues in the hope that it will increase the chances of a response.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Wait, WHAT!?
Was he able to read it!? :shock:
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:36 pm

:shock:
What. The. Hell?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Tohrinha on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 pm

He can't. Gulliver summarized it for him.
https://twitter.com/TheREALLJS/status/2 ... 4555338754
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Link LJS to my wall on Gulliver's blog.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Nice wall of text, Sicon. I approve.

...Also, I spent my day of frustrating offline-ness productively: I finally re-read Treasure Island. Except now I'm even LESS sure of what to think about Silver. On the bright side, I'll be more able to refic him when the time comes (soon, please!).

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 pm

And now we know that he doesn't read our comments. And knowing is half the battle.
Sorry about your wasted wall of text, Sicon. :)

Someone needs to assemble that thingy. I think it can be assembled jigsaw-style, but omeboy said it should be printed and folderd. I can't do it now. Too sleedpy. :(
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Gulliver's latest blog points to an echo; someone's going to need to reconstruct the folded text to figure out what it is. (Tohr said in the chatroom that she could do it, but I'm mentioning it here because we should take stuff to the forums.)

Also, apparently Sicon's Wall of Text was tl;dr.
If no one objects, I can try to comment with the Laconic version.

I hope you don't mind, but I sent him an even more laconic version. Short, sweet and two the point. There is no way Silver will be able to not read it.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 am

Thanks, Wacky. That's a lot better than I could do! ^_^

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 am

Let it be known that that was a dick move by the characters...

Just saying. Whatever. I'll make sure you guys didn't miss anything, though I suspect you did great.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:39 am

So... New post from Gulliver.
And speaking of jerk moves, what's with Silver's Blatant Lies to Gulliver that no one's commenting? What's he playing at? Is he trolling Gulliver? Has Morgana gotten to him?
Forget Silver; on the meta level, why are the GMs doing that to us? What are they playing at? (do they want us to leave him a phone message? Or are they just telling us that we can't consult Gulliver on his refic?)

Also, is it bad that my first thought when he started going on about that wardrobe was Narnia? I blame the witch.

...I don't trust that young man. What's the betting his "aunt" turns out to be Morgan?

Also, it REALLY scares me the way that the blog post ends mid-sentence. Even though he MUST have gotten out safely in order to write up and scan the blog entry.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver