LJS Riddle

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Riddles

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 am

Thewhiteknight wrote:Also for your enjoyment, the bottle before it was opened and the note removed.

Looks like an alcohol bottle with the label removed. I'd say some kind of rum or vodka with that shape. Makes sense.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:04 am

Sicon112 wrote:Oh sh*t. No wonder he is lost at sea. I think he is traveling with Gulliver...

Should we start off by telling him to plank Gulliver out of the ship?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:05 am

Wait a second, what the f*ck? This guy started out in AUSTRALIA, then ended up in Japan (and I think he might have been shipwrecked to get there) How the hell is this bottle in VIRGINIA?!?!?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 am

Sicon112 wrote:Wait a second, what the f*ck? This guy started out in AUSTRALIA, then ended up in Japan (and I think he might have been shipwrecked to get there) How the hell is this bottle in VIRGINIA?!?!?

Very, very, strong currents.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 am

Somebody tell him we just found his bottle in Virginia and ask him how the hell he managed that....
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 am

Well, dates correspond to the start of the ARG, and the whole thing looks legit. We got ourselves a new POI (or possibly TWO if that is the Gulliver he's talking about) I think Thewhiteknight is in for a title! We still don't know what we are calling it yet, but hey, it's a title, so it's automatically cool.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 am

Sicon112 wrote:Well, dates correspond to the start of the ARG, and the whole thing looks legit. We got ourselves a new POI (or possibly TWO if that is the Gulliver he's talking about) I think Thewhiteknight is in for a title! We still don't know what we are calling it yet, but hey, it's a title, so it's automatically cool.

The way things stand at this moment, he'll be the Meta-Knight The White Knight.
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am

Heyheyhey, looks like Mr. A has confirmed the data, and he seems rather embarrassed about the whole thing. :D
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am

Findings accurate.
https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/sta ... 0161446912
SO IT TURNS OUT THE OBJECT OF INTEREST WAS STILL THERE. WE KNEW THAT, OF COURSE. GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS. NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Ed, we need a new section here.
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 am

Pixelmage wrote:Findings accurate.
https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/sta ... 0161446912
SO IT TURNS OUT THE OBJECT OF INTEREST WAS STILL THERE. WE KNEW THAT, OF COURSE. GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS. NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Ed, we need a new section here.

Ninja'd and seconded. Also, in other news, the amount of tabs I must keep up now has surpassed the limits of my puny monitor and I have a tab scroll bar. (Of course, I have five other windows going with more tabs than this one, but I still hate that tab scroll bar.)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 am

ANYWAY, ANOTHER FICTIONAL HAS BEEN DISCOVERED: LONG JOHN SILVER. https://twitter.com/TheREALLJS

One POI confirmed. Someone with Twitter ask about Gulliver.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 am

Moved the thread, as it seemed more appropriate to this forum. About to rename it.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:29 am

Sicon112 wrote:I think Thewhiteknight is in for a title! We still don't know what we are calling it yet, but hey, it's a title, so it's automatically cool.

Now, let me digest the info.
(Srsly, pirates? What's next, ninjas?)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:17 am

Dryunya wrote:(Srsly, pirates? What's next, ninjas?)

Of course! In fact, the ninjas are already here, it's just that we haven't noticed them, and neither has anyone else.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: LJS Riddle

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 am

Oh. I didn't think about that.
I should ask Mr. A to give us a hand. (No, really. I'm totally doing that.)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 am

Screw it. I'm going back to the bloody Coffee Room.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 pm

Was I the only one who saw "the real LJS" and read "the real Slim Shady?"
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Was I the only one who saw "the real LJS" and read "the real Slim Shady?"

Will the real LJS please stand up?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 pm

The Finch wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:Was I the only one who saw "the real LJS" and read "the real Slim Shady?"

Will the real LJS please stand up?

Doesn't fit. Should be, "Will the real John Silver please stand up".
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:34 pm

It may interest you that I've found a tweet from the person who found the first message-in-a-bottle.

https://twitter.com/TheRealLJS/statuses ... 1277302785
RotavatoR

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm

RotavatoR wrote:It may interest you that I've found a tweet from the person who found the first message-in-a-bottle.

Well, that explains that mystery. But what took her so long to follow up on the message? Should we try to recruit her into our cause?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm

RotavatoR wrote:It may interest you that I've found a tweet from the person who found the first message-in-a-bottle.

lol If they are not involved in the ARG, they are in for SO much Mind Screw...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm really sorry for ruining your fun, but I've sent a tweet explaining it :(
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 pm

RotavatoR wrote:I'm really sorry for ruining your fun, but I've sent a tweet explaining it :(

T.T
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:46 pm

RotavatoR wrote:I'm really sorry for ruining your fun, but I've sent a tweet explaining it :(

Wait... you tweeted that to LJS too... I hope the GM's just ignore that one.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver