LJS Riddle

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Riddles

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:24 pm

False alarm. It was part of the exhibit.

None of the fish had any messages. However, that plaque of Triton? One of the fish was pointing towards it. The dedication plaque also had a fish pointing towards it, and a fish was pointing towards the name and date of the artist.
Accela
Meta-Knight

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Accela wrote:False alarm. It was part of the exhibit.

None of the fish had any messages. However, that plaque of Triton? One of the fish was pointing towards it. The dedication plaque also had a fish pointing towards it, and a fish was pointing towards the name and date of the artist.

Well, that helps. The main things to focus on now are the Plaque of Triton, the Dedication Plaque, and name and date of the artist.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Did you look inside the fish? They look hollow.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Damn, nothing around/in/side of the fish at all? Welp I'm stumped!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:27 pm

No, the fish aren't hollow.
Accela
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Oh joy. Hivemind, can you guys do without m for a sec? I gotta do some web surfing real quick for info on other topics. Someone tweet the Cat and A for hints. The puppet masters will give us something if we don't already have the info we need.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby ToMorning on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm

This is a long shot, but could there be something inside the statue? They wouldn't have us send someone if there wasn't more to it, I don't think.
ToMorning

Postby Mr. Administrator on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:29 pm

WE ARE SENDING A MINION TO INVESTIGATE THE SITUATION. WE RECOMMEND A CLOSER INVESTIGATION OF THE FISH BY THE PLAQUE.
Mr. Administrator

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:WE ARE SENDING A MINION TO INVESTIGATE THE SITUATION. WE RECOMMEND A CLOSER INVESTIGATION OF THE FISH BY THE PLAQUE.

Well. That helps.

WAIT, YOU COULD HAVE SENT A MINION!?
The Finch

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Yeah, there needs to be something physical, if we just needed the statue the pictures we found of it would do. The riddle says it's a specific fish, are you sure ALL of them are solid and not hollow?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Guys, I don't know. I couldn't stay any longer. I will try again tomorrow.
Accela
Meta-Knight

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Accela wrote:Guys, I don't know. I couldn't stay any longer.

AUGGH! GOD DARN IT, RIGHT WHEN WE HAD A TRACE OF AN ANSWER! :x :x :x
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:WE ARE SENDING A MINION TO INVESTIGATE THE SITUATION. WE RECOMMEND A CLOSER INVESTIGATION OF THE FISH BY THE PLAQUE.

Translation: HOLY SHIT SOMEBODY HAS STOLEN THE PUZZLE PIECE. HANG IN THERE FOR A SECOND.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 pm

The Finch wrote:
Accela wrote:Guys, I don't know. I couldn't stay any longer.

AUGGH! GOD DARN IT, RIGHT WHEN WE HAD A TRACE OF AN ANSWER! :x :x :x

It's alright, calm down. We can still get this figured out, Mr.A is sending a minion.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 pm

(Told you the puppetmasters had things covered) Thanks for the inadvertent info you just gave me, Mr. A, and no, I won't say what I know here. Yet.

The rest of you will find out shortly.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I did my best, I looked carefully, I had my ride helping me, but I saw nothing on or in the fish.
Accela
Meta-Knight

Postby The Finch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Accela wrote:I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I did my best, I looked carefully, I had my ride helping me, but I saw nothing on or in the fish.

That's ok... It's not your fault...
The Finch

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Accela wrote:I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I did my best, I looked carefully, I had my ride helping me, but I saw nothing on or in the fish.

It's okay, you did fine. Thank you so much for taking the time to help us.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

It's not a big deal. The plot will roll on. Good work though.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

If someone already took it, it's not your fault. Thanks for the help :)
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Calm down, it's alright. No big deal.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 pm

You did more than any of us. We're all just sitting at home and typing stuff in a computer. So far you're the only one who actually went out to work on the WTF stuff. No one here has the right to say anything aganist you. You did us an amazing favor going there and if anything, the puppetmasters lost sight of it and someone else got it before.

But if you'll allow me to ask, will you join us for the rest of journey?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Pixelmage wrote:

You did more than any of us. We're all just sitting at home and typing stuff in a computer. So far you're the only one who actually went out to work on the WTF stuff. No one here has the right to say anything aganist you. You did us an amazing favor going there and if anything, the puppetmasters lost sight of it and someone else got it before.

I second this! new members are always welcome!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Pixelmage wrote:

Not that we will say anything against her, but some of us are on different continents. It's not that we don't want to do something but that we can't.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Accela on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Pixelmage wrote:

I...don't know. Thank you for the kind words. I'll have to think about it; I've never been very good at riddles. But it was fun to run out there and investigate.
Accela
Meta-Knight

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver