LJS Riddle

"There's never a man looked me between the eyes and seen a good day a'terward."

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old.”

[Gulliver refictionalized 27 Nov 2012]
[LJS refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Riddles

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Well we could always use the help. The more people in the Metaguards, the more we can accomplish. Some times just another voice is enough to solve the puzzles and riddles we've come across.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Accela wrote:I...don't know. Thank you for the kind words. I'll have to think about it; I've never been very good at riddles. But it was fun to run out there and investigate.

Yay! I'm not the greatest with riddles either. I'm just here to do Xanatos Speed Chess, gather info, and make weird and complex theories about the meta-verse. I suppose I did contribute a lot to the detective plot though, but a bunch of people did more than I did even there.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Accela wrote:I...don't know. Thank you for the kind words. I'll have to think about it; I've never been very good at riddles. But it was fun to run out there and investigate.

Take your time and don't forget you're welcome to stay. There's more than riddles too. Even just talking about the updates and throwing WMGs around helps, sometimes quite a lot. Trust me, there will be things you can help with. Even if you think you can't really help.

Well, we'll hope you decide to stay around.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Flitterbie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Mr. Administrator wrote:WE ARE SENDING A MINION TO INVESTIGATE THE SITUATION. WE RECOMMEND A CLOSER INVESTIGATION OF THE FISH BY THE PLAQUE.

Translation: HOLY SHIT SOMEBODY HAS STOLEN THE PUZZLE PIECE. HANG IN THERE FOR A SECOND.

Okay, I called that. Someone owes me $5.

Anyway, Accela, don't feel bad. You did what you could.
Flitterbie

Postby ToMorning on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm so sorry it ended up being a wild goose chase... Please stay and hang out anyway. We have a thriving off topic forum!
ToMorning

Postby Adell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:48 pm

A part of me believes that, and WMG here, that maybe if the clue wasn't/isn't there (need Mr.A's minion for confirmation) that maybe whoever took it is that group/person that we've been theorizing exists, the one that is trying to manipulate the wall to fall. I have no proof obviously, but we might have been too slow and they beat us to the punch.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Flitterbie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Adell wrote:A part of me believes that, and WMG here, that maybe if the clue wasn't/isn't there (need Mr.A's minion for confirmation) that maybe whoever took it is that group/person that we've been theorizing exists, the one that is trying to manipulate the wall to fall. I have no proof obviously, but we might have been too slow and they beat us to the punch.

I'd vote more likely that someone thought it was trash.
Flitterbie

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:34 am

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by some guy stumbling upon what he thought was a piece of junk. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Q; Why would the cat put the answer of the riddle in such a populated area? Wouldn't he put it in an area where it wouldn't be so easily found? Why would he put it in a place where it could get taken by anyone?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Dryunya wrote:Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by some guy stumbling upon what he thought was a piece of junk. :gurt:

If it was a piece of paper of some sort it could even be blown away by the wind if not secured adequately. We can't know what happened, so let's just wait for Mr. A's MINION INVESTIGATION to set that back in motion.

The Finch wrote:Q; Why would the cat put the answer of the riddle in such a populated area? Wouldn't he put it in an area where it wouldn't be so easily found? Why would he put it in a place where it could get taken?

Actually, they would like to do it in populated and easy to access areas to make it more likely to find a player nearby and so that it's safe to go there, I'm sure there are places in your city that you don't really think about visiting. The fault here was either making it way too cryptic/unreachable (not likely, given Mr. A's reaction) or losing sight of it and having it taken by a third party. Hell, the cleanning crew there could've swept it as trash for all we know.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Actually, they would like to do it in populated and easy to access areas to make it more likely to find a player nearby and so that it's safe to go there, I'm sure there are places in your city that you don't really think about visiting. The fault here was either making it way too cryptic/unreachable (not likely, given Mr. A's reaction) or losing sight of it and having it taken by a third party. Hell, the cleanning crew there could've swept it as trash for all we know.

Incredibly frustrating to get so close, and yet so far.

I dunno, it's entirely possible this is the case, but then again maybe you're right to suppose there's some kind of riddle concerning the statue itself? Maybe there was NEVER an item there, or maybe some rival group got to us first.

This just keeps getting more and more complicated and as soon as we seem to be making headway something sticks a roadblock in front of us.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Scarab wrote:Incredibly frustrating to get so close, and yet so far.

I dunno, it's entirely possible this is the case, but then again maybe you're right to suppose there's some kind of riddle concerning the statue itself? Maybe there was NEVER an item there, or maybe some rival group got to us first.

This just keeps getting more and more complicated and as soon as we seem to be making headway something sticks a roadblock in front of us.

Then why would A tell us to go to the statue?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Scarab wrote:Incredibly frustrating to get so close, and yet so far.

Well he is kind of an ass
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I... have no idea, to be honest. I mean I still don't trust A as far as I could throw an ender pearl,which isn't far: I reckon there's an agenda at play we're not being told about. We should have more information by now. In fairness this COULD be the work of a third party. How do we know there aren't more fictionals hanging around this forum who would like to thwart any of our plans?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Scarab wrote:

I... have no idea, to be honest. I mean I still don't trust A as far as I could throw an ender pearl,which isn't far: I reckon there's an agenda at play we're not being told about. We should have more information by now. In fairness this COULD be the work of a third party. How do we know there aren't more fictionals hanging around this forum who would like to thwart any of our plans?

I agree, I think there's more to this than just "some random guy found it by accident"
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Anyone else worried Mr. A is taking a while to get back to us.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Adell wrote:I agree, I think there's more to this than just "some random guy found it by accident"

My meta senses disagree, though I admit it would be a very interesting plot. Who knows...

NeverSlender wrote:Anyone else worried Mr. A is taking a while to get back to us.

Yea, that is weirding me out a little.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Well if I'm right, and this is the work of some sort of adversary to us, his [Mr.A's] minion could be in trouble. That might warrant the extended wait for an answer.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 pm

If I'm honest I think something has to be there. Otherwise getting us to send someone was a bit of a dick move.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 pm

NeverSlender wrote:If I'm honest I think something has to be there. Otherwise getting us to send someone was a bit of a dick move.

^ What I meant by my meta-senses.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm

My argument was that it WAS there for us, but we were too slow to get it. But who knows, we'll just need to wait and see.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Thewhiteknight on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Um. Hi, everyone. So... I've kind of been lurking on the forums for a while to watch the game progress. I went on a vacation to see my family for a few days last week and came back to find out about the bottle and everything. I live about 30 minutes from VA Beach... I'm going to give it one last sweep just in case. Better safe than sorry?
Thewhiteknight
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Thewhiteknight wrote:Um. Hi, everyone. So... I've kind of been lurking on the forums for a while to watch the game progress. I went on a vacation to see my family for a few days last week and came back to find out about the bottle and everything. I live about 30 minutes from VA Beach... I'm going to give it one last sweep just in case. Better safe than sorry?

'Bout when are you going to do it? Do you have a smartphone or small network capable device so you can talk to us on the scene?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Thewhiteknight wrote:Um. Hi, everyone. So... I've kind of been lurking on the forums for a while to watch the game progress. I went on a vacation to see my family for a few days last week and came back to find out about the bottle and everything. I live about 30 minutes from VA Beach... I'm going to give it one last sweep just in case. Better safe than sorry?

...You know, every one of the folks on here could kiss you. But until we get confirmation that not only should something be there, but something is actually there, leave it. You're not moving anytime soon, right?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Thewhiteknight on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:09 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

...You know, every one of the folks on here could kiss you. But until we get confirmation that not only should something be there, but something is actually there, leave it. You're not moving anytime soon, right?

It really isn't that much trouble. I'll head out later tonight (Like 15 minutes or so), and let you guys know if I find anything? I know it's a slim chance, but I want to try. I feel bad for not being around.
Thewhiteknight
Meta-Knight

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Gulliver & Long John Silver