So Romeo met a new girl.

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.”

[Refictionalized 10 Dec 2012]

So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:33 am

I honestly don't really think this is a big deal so long as he breaks things off with Juliet. Plus if you think about it removing Romeo from that story removes any reason for her to kill herself. Plus in our world we have people who are ready to give you a shoulder to cry on if you get broken up with.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby JRPictures on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 am

Well i'm not sure what to make of it either. i guess we'll see what happens as it comes.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:38 am

Well, it's possible that they would subvert Romantic False Lead. Still, I think things are FAR from over. Think for a second about exactly HOW MUCH Romeo is going to like the idea of him leaving NOW. Yea... This is probably worse than the original issue because of the fact that no matter WHAT we do now, someone is screwed.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Inukai44 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 am

so what should we do? I think we should make Juliet date somebody to make Romeo jealous.
Inukai44

Postby JRPictures on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 am

Sicon112 wrote:Well, it's possible that they would subvert Romantic False Lead. Still, I think things are FAR from over. Think for a second about exactly HOW MUCH Romeo is going to like the idea of him leaving NOW. Yea... This is probably worse than the original issue because of the fact that no matter WHAT we do now, someone is screwed.

Oh yes. now we need to think of what we should do or say to Romeo if worse comes to worse and we need to convince him to be back with Juliet and return to his world.

What would he be afraid of? Hmm..
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 am

Inukai44 wrote:so what should we do? I think we should make Juliet date somebody to make Romeo jealous.

I hate that plot development SOOOOOOO much.

In any case, it's not really useful since there is no way we could pull it off. We don't have any defined male characters on hand. Besides, we DO runt he risk of making JULIET want to stay that way.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 am

Inukai44 wrote:so what should we do? I think we should make Juliet date somebody to make Romeo jealous.

Why would we do that? I don't want to mess with anyone's happiness just because I want a couple to be together. That is kind of wrong you know?
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 am

JRPictures wrote:Oh yes. now we need to think of what we should do or say to Romeo if worse comes to worse and we need to convince him to be back with Juliet and return to his world.

I already made it clear that his existence was likely causing the breakdown of reality, so I'm basically gonna tell him straight up that right now he is kinda f*cked. I'm rather mad at him at the moment.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 am

Lordxana0 wrote:

Why would we do that? I don't want to mess with anyone's happiness just because I want a couple to be together. That is kind of wrong you know?

Doesn't matter, because like I said, we really can't anyhow.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 am

My problem with him right now is mild annoyance that he is being a douchebag, and a rather LARGER amount of annoyance that he just made it impossible for this to end well even though I GAVE him advance warning.

Well, whatever. I made it clear just how f*cked he was. Let's see how he reacts. I'll be back tomorrow. *sigh*
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JRPictures on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:27 am

Sicon112 wrote:
JRPictures wrote:Oh yes. now we need to think of what we should do or say to Romeo if worse comes to worse and we need to convince him to be back with Juliet and return to his world.

I already made it clear that his existence was likely causing the breakdown of reality, so I'm basically gonna tell him straight up that right now he is kinda f*cked. I'm rather mad at him at the moment.

Well i'm fine with that.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:18 am

Sigh. Well, great. JUST great. Although given how fickle the guy already was I can't say I'm surprised.

I don't know about you guys, but if anybody's found a way to make this whole 'create another reality to throw them in so they don't have to go back plan' work, then I am all for it.

Still you've been honest with him. That's the best we can offer right now. And more than he deserves, frankly, if Juliet can SEE that and even if she can't. It... it is honestly taking all of my self control not to be a meany mcmean pants and go over there and mention, oh I don't know... Rosaline. But I will not do that because it will only make things worse. :x
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 am

Oh great, now it's going to be EVEN HARDER to get them together!

Why, Romeo? Why can't you stay on Juliet?

(I know that Romeo is a Love-At-First-Sight type of man, but still...)
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:03 am

I highly doubt making Romeo jealous will work. If his character follows the play, he will now obsess over Vanessa until a new girl comes along.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 am

I'm waiting to see if the love is reciprocated. It's possible Vanessa doesn't feel the same way, or she doesn't appreciate the manner in which he has professed his love, that is. She can either be seen as a rebound girl or a homewrecker, neither of which she may like.

If Vanessa rejects him, maybe there's still hope.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I'm waiting to see if the love is reciprocated. It's possible Vanessa doesn't feel the same way, or she doesn't appreciate the manner in which he has professed his love, that is. She can either be seen as a rebound girl or a homewrecker, neither of which she may like.

JUST LIKE ROSALINE IN THE ORIGINAL PLAY!
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:48 pm

The Finch wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I'm waiting to see if the love is reciprocated. It's possible Vanessa doesn't feel the same way, or she doesn't appreciate the manner in which he has professed his love, that is. She can either be seen as a rebound girl or a homewrecker, neither of which she may like.

JUST LIKE ROSALINE IN THE ORIGINAL PLAY!

If they are going to use the tropes and plot conventions that they seem to be using, this whole Vanessa thing is going to devolve into chaos. Besides, like I said, it's screwed anyway because of the situation.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 pm

WMG: What if Vanessa is secretly Juliet in disguise and Juliet is actually secretly dating Romeo?
The Finch

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 pm

The Finch wrote:WMG: What if Vanessa is secretly Juliet in disguise and Juliet is actually secretly dating Romeo?

I don't know. It doesn't really seem to fit her character. Besides, how could she pull a disguise like that off? She'd not only have to change her physical appearance, but also drop her usual speech patterns and some how adapt to the modern world a lot more than Juliet appears to be willing to.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
The Finch wrote:WMG: What if Vanessa is secretly Juliet in disguise and Juliet is actually secretly dating Romeo?

I don't know. It doesn't really seem to fit her character. Besides, how could she pull a disguise like that off? She'd not only have to change her physical appearance, but also drop her usual speech patterns and some how adapt to the modern world a lot more than Juliet appears to be willing to.

She managed to pull off her own death, so I think she could handle this.
The Finch

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:13 pm

The Finch wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:

She managed to pull off her own death, so I think she could handle this.

That wasn't hard. Just lay there and don't breath. The drugs did most of the work. I don't know what sort of drugs she'll have to take to pull off being a native Baltimorian.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:20 pm

It would be totally silly in the first place. That's why it's a WMG and not a serious theory.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:06 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I don't know what sort of drugs she'll have to take to pull off being a native Baltimorian.

I'm hardly contributing to this plotline, but I can't help saying that for some reason this made me lol. :lol:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Dryunya wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I don't know what sort of drugs she'll have to take to pull off being a native Baltimorian.

I'm hardly contributing to this plotline, but I can't help saying that for some reason this made me lol. :lol:

For some reason? Of course it made you lol. It was an awesome line. In fact...I think I may add it to his character page (if he has one) as a placeholder.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

For some reason? Of course it made you lol. It was an awesome line. In fact...I think I may add it to his character page (if he has one) as a placeholder.

Okay, I didn't mean it quite like that. I'm not saying people who live in Baltimore are stoned. I'm just saying that completely altering your persona is difficult, and I don't think there's a drug out there that can help her do that.
WackyMeetsPractical

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Romeo & Juliet