So Romeo met a new girl.

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.”

[Refictionalized 10 Dec 2012]

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:02 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Okay, I didn't mean it quite like that. I'm not saying people who live in Baltimore are stoned. I'm just saying that completely altering your persona is difficult, and I don't think there's a drug out there that can help her do that.

Oh, I wouldn't say that... :lol: Besides, we knew that's what you meant. As a Maryland lady, I'd take it a bit more personally if it was. It just sounded funny.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Okay, I didn't mean it quite like that. I'm not saying people who live in Baltimore are stoned. I'm just saying that completely altering your persona is difficult, and I don't think there's a drug out there that can help her do that.

Oh, I wouldn't say that... :lol: Besides, we knew that's what you meant. As a Maryland lady, I'd take it a bit more personally if it was. It just sounded funny.

Just wanted to get it out there. I didn't want anybody getting the wrong idea, though I knew most would understand my true meaning, you can never tell on the internet who can take what the wrong way.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Just wanted to get it out there. I didn't want anybody getting the wrong idea, though I knew most would understand my true meaning, you can never tell on the internet who can take what the wrong way.

True enough.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 pm

I KNOW what you mean. It was funny anyhow.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Aaah, I've been gone too long. Vanessa, eh? Good thing I recently did a replay of KHII for the secret ending, because Vanessa is apparently the pseudonym Ursula used for her human disguise in The Little Mermaid. Possibly a coincidence, but considering the reason why Ursula took on human form in the first place, maybe not.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Aaah, I've been gone too long. Vanessa, eh? Good thing I recently did a replay of KHII for the secret ending, because Vanessa is apparently the pseudonym Ursula used for her human disguise in The Little Mermaid. Possibly a coincidence, but considering the reason why Ursula took on human form in the first place, maybe not.

How lovely it is that it was KHII (my favorite game) that you took that from and not the actual movie. :D But a legitimate concern nonetheless.
IslaKariese

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:24 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:Aaah, I've been gone too long. Vanessa, eh? Good thing I recently did a replay of KHII for the secret ending, because Vanessa is apparently the pseudonym Ursula used for her human disguise in The Little Mermaid. Possibly a coincidence, but considering the reason why Ursula took on human form in the first place, maybe not.

How lovely it is that it was KHII (my favorite game) that you took that from and not the actual movie. :D But a legitimate concern nonetheless.

Recall we are only dealing with old public domain characters here for reasons in and out of story. Unlikely.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby HarDHarKoopa on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 am

I think that whether they get together again is their choice, but they can't just give it up right now. I tried giving them advice, I just hope they take it.
"There can't possibly be any meaning in this world. But isn't that wonderful in its own right? Because if there isn't any, we can find our own." -Some anime

And remember: Have fun!
HarDHarKoopa

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:18 am

HarDHarKoopa wrote:I think that whether they get together again is their choice, but they can't just give it up right now. I tried giving them advice, I just hope they take it.

Your message on his blog is implying Romeo can stay. Please note my comment making it very clear that he CAN'T. Every bit of evidence we have so far says that Romeo staying is NOT going to happen. As such, this is a totally doomed relationship and I am going to screw it over as much as I can. Partially to stop Romeo from doing something completely insane to stop us Spanner In The Works style and joining up with the Cabal, and just a tiny bit because he pissed me off by being a jerk and a total idiot when he knew the situation.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby HarDHarKoopa on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 am

Yeah, I just joined this thing a couple days ago, so I didn't know it was impossible for him to stay. Still, it is still possible for us to pull our in-progress "send them to an AU to live peacefully" theory. And yeah, Bromeo was a jerk. Most kids are at his age. The important thing is for him to admit to his mistake, and try to move on and improve himself.
"There can't possibly be any meaning in this world. But isn't that wonderful in its own right? Because if there isn't any, we can find our own." -Some anime

HarDHarKoopa

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 am

HarDHarKoopa wrote:Yeah, I just joined this thing a couple days ago, so I didn't know it was impossible for him to stay. Still, it is still possible for us to pull our in-progress "send them to an AU to live peacefully" theory. And yeah, Bromeo was a jerk. Most kids are at his age. The important thing is for him to admit to his mistake, and try to move on and improve himself.

Dude, your advice to Juliet isn't cool. She's heartbroken. You're throwing salt on the wound. Romeo professed his love to another girl, and you're trying to make her feel guilty. This is why we discuss what we say on these forums before we post them.

We've pretty much all agreed that trying to get Romeo and Juliet back together at this point could do more harm than good. Perhaps later when emotions aren't running as high. For now, Juliet needs to heal. Maybe we can get Romeo to get over Vanessa, but I think trying to force anything from him could end up backfiring in our face.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 am

As of right now, Romeo is completely self-unaware. He has no idea that what he's doing is wrong. Regardless of whether or not he's a kid and that's what kids do, it hurts Juliet. There should be NO victim blaming here. If someone cheats on you, is it your fault? NO! You may have contributed to it, but the fault for cheating lies with the cheater and the one he/she cheated with.

Ergo, Juliet is not at fault for "nagging." She has nothing to apologize for.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby HarDHarKoopa on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:36 am

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. My face is so red. I'm running off no sleep right now, and my brain isn't exactly firing off on all cylinders, if you catch my drift. I already posted an apology to Juliet, but yeah, I was acting horribly. I hate it when I act like an ass and don't realize it, thank you for pointing it out.

HarDHarKoopa

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am

HarDHarKoopa wrote:Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. My face is so red. I'm running off no sleep right now, and my brain isn't exactly firing off on all cylinders, if you catch my drift. I already posted an apology to Juliet, but yeah, I was acting horribly. I hate it when I act like an ass and don't realize it, thank you for pointing it out.

No worries, sorry if I came off a bit harshly. I'm glad you understand.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:43 am

HarDHarKoopa wrote:Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. My face is so red. I'm running off no sleep right now, and my brain isn't exactly firing off on all cylinders, if you catch my drift. I already posted an apology to Juliet, but yeah, I was acting horribly. I hate it when I act like an ass and don't realize it, thank you for pointing it out.

It happens to us all. Well, it's happened to me once or twice. You handled it well. Also sorry if I acted harshly. These are very delicate matters, after all. But I think there's no major harm done.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 am

Just reas Juliet's last post.

Milk-livered codpiece? What.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am

NeverSlender wrote:Just reas Juliet's last post.

They probably used a Shakespearian insult generator to come up with that one. Shakespeare is well known for his insults.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Krika on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:01 am

She certainly took a level in something right there. Not sure what, though.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 am

It was both hilarious and awesome. Just don't question it. He totally deserved being called...whatever it is she was trying to call him.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am

Sicon112 wrote:

It was both hilarious and awesome. Just don't question it. He totally deserved being called...whatever it is she was trying to call him.

I'd say he deserves worse.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 am

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

I'd say he deserves worse.

Agreed, but it was a start.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am

Of course, when I first read that, I read it as if he had "Codpiece blocked" her, which was much funnier.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am

Zup wrote:Of course, when I first read that, I read it as if he had "Codpiece blocked" her, which was much funnier.

I read it that way too, which was hilarious.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 am

Adell wrote:
Zup wrote:Of course, when I first read that, I read it as if he had "Codpiece blocked" her, which was much funnier.

I read it that way too, which was hilarious.

Actually so did I. I was a little confused till I realized what it actually said.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby VicariousShaner on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:08 am

For the record, anyone that has actually read Romeo and Juliet could easily have seen this happening.

(The very start of the story has Romeo lusting after a completely unrelated girl. It's no surprise at all that he would leave Juliet so quickly.)

He is quite a bit of a drama queen.
VicariousShaner

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Romeo & Juliet