So Romeo met a new girl.

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.”

[Refictionalized 10 Dec 2012]

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 am

VicariousShaner wrote:For the record, anyone that has actually read Romeo and Juliet could easily have seen this happening.


(The very start of the story has Romeo lusting after a completely unrelated girl. It's no surprise at all that he would leave Juliet so quickly.)


He is quite a bit of a drama queen.


I know. We all called this WAY before it actually happened. No one is really surprised. We are just annoyed.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:49 am

I propose a new nickname for him until he snaps out of it: Doucheo.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby OutPaced on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 am

Sicon112 wrote:I propose a new nickname for him until he snaps out of it: Doucheo.


Seconded
OutPaced
 
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:01 am

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Guyshane on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 am

OutPaced wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:I propose a new nickname for him until he snaps out of it: Doucheo.


Seconded

Thirded
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
User avatar
Guyshane
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Inukai44 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 am

fourthed and add that to the fan nickname part of the trope page
Inukai44
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:09 am

Sicon112 wrote:I propose a new nickname for him until he snaps out of it: Doucheo.

That's a lovely nickname. Wish I thought of it.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:36 am

...Alright. That DOES it.

As soon as somebody here tells me it's NOT the worst idea in the world, I am going OVER THERE and I am BRINGING UP the name Rosaline. let's see how he responds to THAT. :evil:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Guyshane on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 am

Scarab wrote:...Alright. That DOES it.

As soon as somebody here tells me it's NOT the worst idea in the world, I am going OVER THERE and I am BRINGING UP the name Rosaline. let's see how he responds to THAT. :evil:

Go right ahead. I've already blatantly called him a moron. Doubt you can do much worse
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
User avatar
Guyshane
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 am

Guyshane wrote:
Scarab wrote:...Alright. That DOES it.

As soon as somebody here tells me it's NOT the worst idea in the world, I am going OVER THERE and I am BRINGING UP the name Rosaline. let's see how he responds to THAT. :evil:

Go right ahead. I've already blatantly called him a moron. Doubt you can do much worse


RIGHT.

Okay calm now.Sorry about that.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:50 am

VicariousShaner wrote:For the record, anyone that has actually read Romeo and Juliet could easily have seen this happening.


(The very start of the story has Romeo lusting after a completely unrelated girl. It's no surprise at all that he would leave Juliet so quickly.)


He is quite a bit of a drama queen.


I've explained that a few times. It's not so much surprise as amazement at his idiocy.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:44 am

NeverSlender wrote:
VicariousShaner wrote:For the record, anyone that has actually read Romeo and Juliet could easily have seen this happening.


(The very start of the story has Romeo lusting after a completely unrelated girl. It's no surprise at all that he would leave Juliet so quickly.)


He is quite a bit of a drama queen.


I've explained that a few times. It's not so much surprise as amazement at his idiocy.


Oh yeah, we saw this coming alright. Romeo and Juliet was on my reading list at school when I was fifteen (I suspect it was the same foryou, Slender?) and pretty much everyone in the class had Romeo worked out from the get go - at best, he's more in love with the IDEA of being in love than the girl.

The surprising thing is how he doesn't seem to be aware of how stupid and mean he's behaving.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:46 am

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
VicariousShaner wrote:For the record, anyone that has actually read Romeo and Juliet could easily have seen this happening.


(The very start of the story has Romeo lusting after a completely unrelated girl. It's no surprise at all that he would leave Juliet so quickly.)


He is quite a bit of a drama queen.


I've explained that a few times. It's not so much surprise as amazement at his idiocy.


Oh yeah, we saw this coming alright. Romeo and Juliet was on my reading list at school when I was fifteen (I suspect it was the same foryou, Slender?) and pretty much everyone in the class had Romeo worked out from the get go - at best, he's more in love with the IDEA of being in love than the girl.

The surprising thing is how he doesn't seem to be aware of how stupid and mean he's behaving.


Yeah I had to read it too. Most of my class thought Romeo was a dick.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Zup on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:49 am

Romeo and Juliet is one of my least favorite of the Bard's plays. None of the characters are particularly likable, and so many people hold Romeo and Juliet up as these paragons of romantic love-- forgetting that the reason why their love is so fierce is because it is CUT SHORT. Don't get me started on those people who say they are looking for their "Romeo" or "Juliet" without regard for their tragic end.

Ugh.

Give me The Tempest any day. Caliban didn't have to deal with this crap.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 am

Zup wrote:Romeo and Juliet is one of my least favorite of the Bard's plays. None of the characters are particularly likable, and so many people hold Romeo and Juliet up as these paragons of romantic love-- forgetting that the reason why their love is so fierce is because it is CUT SHORT. Don't get me started on those people who say they are looking for their "Romeo" or "Juliet" without regard for their tragic end.

Ugh.

Give me The Tempest any day. Caliban didn't have to deal with this crap.


We had to read The Tempest as well, which was a MUCH better read.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 am

Zup wrote:Romeo and Juliet is one of my least favorite of the Bard's plays. None of the characters are particularly likable, and so many people hold Romeo and Juliet up as these paragons of romantic love-- forgetting that the reason why their love is so fierce is because it is CUT SHORT. Don't get me started on those people who say they are looking for their "Romeo" or "Juliet" without regard for their tragic end.

Ugh.

Give me The Tempest any day. Caliban didn't have to deal with this crap.


Exactly, I mean I don't now exactly what Shakespeare hismelf was thinking at the time, but mdoern day it's quite clear Romeo just hops from romantic itnerest to romantic interest. The sadness of the tragedy doesn't come from the fact a love story was cut short so much as the fact that if they'd just been in a more understandable situation and hadn't felt so desperate because of their parents fued, they wouldn't have DONE something as dumb as gotten themselves killed in the first place.

That part of the plot would never work in the era of text messaging.

Never read the Tempest. LKinda liked Othello, though.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Zup on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 am

A lot of scholars think that the story of Romeo and Juliet is less about "true love" and more about clueless parenting. Which makes it really appropriate nowadays.

Also, Othello is heartbreaking. I just want to shake him and say IAGO IS EVIL and stuff. But yes, great play.

And Macbeth is amazing, especially Verdi's opera. Just phenomenal. I love that the protagonist is the villain.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Zup wrote:A lot of scholars think that the story of Romeo and Juliet is less about "true love" and more about clueless parenting. Which makes it really appropriate nowadays.

Also, Othello is heartbreaking. I just want to shake him and say IAGO IS EVIL and stuff. But yes, great play.

And Macbeth is amazing, especially Verdi's opera. Just phenomenal. I love that the protagonist is the villain.


Macbeth is sweet. Mimsy and I once got to be Macbeth and Macduff respectively in a performance by a group of local people. I was also put in charge of the choreography of the whole battle scene at the end. Dam, that was fun. And hilarious, when one of the background pieces for the castle collapsed during dress rehearsal and my brother's response was to immediately shout improv "MEN! THEY HAVE TREBUTCHETS!"
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Zup wrote:A lot of scholars think that the story of Romeo and Juliet is less about "true love" and more about clueless parenting. Which makes it really appropriate nowadays.

Also, Othello is heartbreaking. I just want to shake him and say IAGO IS EVIL and stuff. But yes, great play.

And Macbeth is amazing, especially Verdi's opera. Just phenomenal. I love that the protagonist is the villain.


Macbeth is sweet. Mimsy and I once got to be Macbeth and Macduff respectively in a performance by a group of local people. I was also put in charge of the choreography of the whole battle scene at the end. Dam, that was fun. And hilarious, when one of the background pieces for the castle collapsed during dress rehearsal and my brother's response was to immediately shout improv "MEN! THEY HAVE TREBUTCHETS!"


That is the most fantastic improv in the history of forever.

There was this one time I was at the opening night of a teenage production of Westside Story and the gunshot at the end freaked the guy with the gun so much he fell over. Real gun, with blanks, too (well mayeb not, I think that would be illegal here but it was certainly loud). Scared the audience to death. I don't think it's really apt to LAUGH at Tony's death scene, but...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
Zup wrote:A lot of scholars think that the story of Romeo and Juliet is less about "true love" and more about clueless parenting. Which makes it really appropriate nowadays.

Also, Othello is heartbreaking. I just want to shake him and say IAGO IS EVIL and stuff. But yes, great play.

And Macbeth is amazing, especially Verdi's opera. Just phenomenal. I love that the protagonist is the villain.


Macbeth is sweet. Mimsy and I once got to be Macbeth and Macduff respectively in a performance by a group of local people. I was also put in charge of the choreography of the whole battle scene at the end. Dam, that was fun. And hilarious, when one of the background pieces for the castle collapsed during dress rehearsal and my brother's response was to immediately shout improv "MEN! THEY HAVE TREBUTCHETS!"


That is the most fantastic improv in the history of forever.

There was this one time I was at the opening night of a teenage production of Westside Story and the gunshot at the end freaked the guy with the gun so much he fell over. Real gun, with blanks, too (well mayeb not, I think that would be illegal here but it was certainly loud). Scared the audience to death. I don't think it's really apt to LAUGH at Tony's death scene, but...


No one TOLD him he was going to be firing blanks? Yea... I can see how that would end in hilarity. But what did he expect?

As to the Trebuchet Incident, it WAS rather funny, but then both warring armies collapsed in laughter and while Macbeth was distracted I walked up behind him and hit him over the head, then started my lines as if I had totally just beaten him normally. That...just made everyone laugh more. XD
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 am

Sicon112 wrote:No one TOLD him he was going to be firing blanks? Yea... I can see how that would end in hilarity. But what did he expect?

As to the Trebuchet Incident, it WAS rather funny, but then both warring armies collapsed in laughter and while Macbeth was distracted I walked up behind him and hit him over the head, then started my lines as if I had totally just beaten him normally. That...just made everyone laugh more. XD


:lol: Shakespeare in the modern era ladies and gentlemen

I dunno WHAT he exactlyed, but I know WE didn't expect it, the whole Audience cracked up.

Back on topic... Romeo's latest post sounds kinda drunk.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:36 am

Scarab wrote:...I dunno WHAT he exactlyed...

...Have you been online for too long, dear...?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: So Romeo met a new girl.

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am

IslaKariese wrote:
Scarab wrote:...I dunno WHAT he exactlyed...

...Have you been online for too long, dear...?


...Yes. Yes I do believe I must have been. :oops: But it's okay because I've been AWAY for forty eight hours now, so should be back to my usual slightly-more-coherent self. Slightly.

Blimey, I seem to have missed some important stuff. :shock:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Previous

Return to [REFIC'D] Romeo & Juliet

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron