Introducing Romeo to the Cabal

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.”

[Refictionalized 10 Dec 2012]

Introducing Romeo to the Cabal

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:03 am

Now hear me out before you say anything (besides by the time this is posted it will be to late anyway) Romeo is an idiot. If he joins the Cabal then he will drop their location. And then Mr. A can have any agents he can get on this side to grab and bag them.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Introducing Romeo to the Cabal

Postby JRPictures on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 am

Lordxana0 wrote:Now hear me out before you say anything (besides by the time this is posted it will be to late anyway) Romeo is an idiot. If he joins the Cabal then he will drop their location. And then Mr. A can have any agents he can get on this side to grab and bag them.

*wipes tear from eye*

BRAVO BRAVO.

That's a Brilliant idea. We must do it.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 am

THAT's AN ABSOLUTELY SMASHING GOBSMACKING AMAZING BRILLIANT IDEA, MATE!

Let's see how it goes.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:04 am

Wait. Is your plan to make him join the Cabal, meet them, and then write about it in his blog, with their location to boot? :shock:

Ok. It's time to be the voice of reason.
  1. Romeo is a stupid teenager, but he's not clinically retarded. He'll keep his mouth shut, or at least will try to.
  2. The Cabal members are not clinically retarded, either. If I were a villain on the run, I'd perform a background check AND wouldn't trust the newbie for a while. And if they stumble on his blog (which they will, if they haven't already), they'll see us (and his stupidity).
  3. It is unknown whether the Cabal is currently travelling together.
  4. They don't have to meet him in person to accept him.
  5. Even if they do meet him in person, there are no guarantees that all of them will.
  6. Don't forget that they are reading this forum.

I think that's enough reasons to see that the plan has room for improvement.

UPD: Oooooh crap, you've already done that, haven't you? :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:22 am

Dryunya wrote:Wait. Is your plan to make him join the Cabal, meet them, and then write about it in his blog, with their location to boot? :shock:

1. Romeo is a stupid teenager, but he's not clinically retarded. He'll keep his mouth shut, or at least will try to.
  2. The Cabal members are not clinically retarded, either. If I were a villain on the run, I'd perform a background check AND wouldn't trust the newbie for a while. And if they stumble on his blog (which they will, if they haven't already), they'll see us (and his stupidity).
  5. Even if they do meet him in person, there are no guarantees that all of them will.

Also, what about putting ROMEO in danger? What if he chooses to side with us over the Cabal and they want him... silenced?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 am

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Wait. Is your plan to make him join the Cabal, meet them, and then write about it in his blog, with their location to boot? :shock:

Also, what about putting ROMEO in danger?

DO IT.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 am

NeverSlender wrote:
DO IT.

*Facepalm* Look as hideously tempting as it usually is to whack the guy around the head with a sock full of commonsense (I am COMPLETELY with you in that desire a lot of the time, though in fairness, he's just a kid who's made some mistakes and comparatively small ones when you look at what some ofthe other fictionals may be capable of), I don't think getting him in danger would be either the nice thing to do, OR the most sensible thing in the long run. We have no idea what impact dead characters might have on the wall or our ability to repair it. Also he may turn out to be more dangerous than he seems. He's killed someone who got in his way before in a fit of anger, right? And that was in a world without modern firearms

Also, the Cabal is probably seeing ALL of this, right now.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 am

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
DO IT.

*Facepalm* Look as hideously tempting as it usually is to whack the guy around the head with a sock full of commonsense (I am COMPLETELY with you in that desire a lot of the time, though in fairness, he's just a kid who's made some mistakes and comparatively small ones when you look at what some ofthe other fictionals may be capable of), I don't think getting him in danger would be either the nice thing to do, OR the most sensible thing in the long run. We have no idea what impact dead characters might have on the wall or our ability to repair it. Also he may turn out to be more dangerous than he seems. He's killed someone who got in his way before in a fit of anger, right? And that was in a world without modern firearms

Also, the Cabal is probably seeing ALL of this, right now.

It's not his mistakes that annoy me, it's the fact that I have to read him whine about them.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:28 am

And keep in mind that knowing Romeo, if he does join them, then 1. The Cabal won't give him their full confidence anyway; 2. He'll go and do something rash and incredibly dangerous, ostensibly for their cause, giving us a much bigger mess to clean up in the process.

Off to do some damage control.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 am

*Sigh*

The GMs won't divert from the plot so if he does join, he was supposed to and we didn't affect it, and if he's not supposed to join then the comments will be ignored or just brushed off.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:36 am

I'm assuming based on past occurrences that the GMs don't have that tightly-scripted a plot. If we push things hard enough, they can go a couple of different ways.
Anyway, I hope he takes my advice from my comment. I've already shown him I'm very supportive and trustworthy before.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 am

No but the major points remain the same. Romeo joining the cabal is too major for us to make it happen.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:41 am

I think they've already shown us that Romeo doing something rash and self-destructive is a possibility; we played a part in landing him in the hospital with all our angry comments before. I think we've already agreed that no matter what, he won't become a full member of the Cabal, but that doesn't stop them from using him as their canary.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:43 am

Yeah, but they'll read this so it's a moot point.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 am

I don't think I'm giving them any ideas. Just stating what's already likely.
The only way to make it a moot point is to make sure he doesn't bite.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 am

NeverSlender wrote:Yeah, but they'll read this so it's a moot point.

Yeah that pretty much scuppers the plan, really.

Although I'm not willing to entirely dismiss the possibility that it COULD happen, I don't see how Romeo in the Cabal would be in ANYBODY'S best interests, us OR them.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 am

No but if they see we're just gonna use him as a mole then they won't talk to him. In fact if it DID happen and they let him in, I'd be more worried as they know he's a spy.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 am

NeverSlender wrote:

No but if they see we're just gonna use him as a mole then they won't talk to him. In fact if it DID happen and they let him in, I'd be more worried as they know he's a spy.

Yes, I also don't think he'd make an especially good spy anyway
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 am

They wouldn't have trusted him anyway. He's not on their level. And all they need to do is check his blog to realize he's a loose cannon.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:They wouldn't have trusted him anyway. He's not on their level. And all they need to do is check his blog to realize he's a loose cannon.

True, but he could be useful in other ways, which is why I'd be worried if they accepted him.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:01 am

I've already said over in the Romeo thread that I don't care whether he joins the Cabal or not. Worst case scenario he would listen to Lefey and Moriarty and start feeding us false information, but we could always confirm that with Juliet. Anything better than that and he adds nothing to the group's threat level. In fact, with his hotheadedness, if he gets caught up in the Cabal mess the most likely result is that he is the Spanner In The Works for EVERYONE. Then it just comes down to who can react to his craziness first and in the best way... Something I'm actually good at.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 am

I guess I should explain myself.
1. I decided that no matter what way this went it would either help us or remain neutral. If Romeo joined then the Cabal would gain nothing other than a complete and utter fool on their side. If he didn't join than no meat off our bones.
2. If he did join I don't expect him to randomly give away all of their info. I expect him to make a big slip up that allows us to get it from him. We know he can't handle his drinking, so one drunken post and we can learn more about the Cabal.
3. During the first few times he posts about joining them he might post the url for their discussion without knowing he is doing anything wrong.

So love or hate this plan those are my reasons for it.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 am

Well, you have a point... And it's too late to regret anyway. What's done is done.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:I guess I should explain myself.
1. I decided that no matter what way this went it would either help us or remain neutral. If Romeo joined then the Cabal would gain nothing other than a complete and utter fool on their side. If he didn't join than no meat off our bones.
2. If he did join I don't expect him to randomly give away all of their info. I expect him to make a big slip up that allows us to get it from him. We know he can't handle his drinking, so one drunken post and we can learn more about the Cabal.
3. During the first few times he posts about joining them he might post the url for their discussion without knowing he is doing anything wrong.

So love or hate this plan those are my reasons for it.

Those are all pretty good reasons, really. I'm just worried it might be putting him in danger. I mean he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed and there are times he makes me want to bash my had against the nearest wall, but...
Scarab

Postby Greyscale on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:54 pm

NeverSlender wrote:*Sigh*

The GMs won't divert from the plot so if he does join, he was supposed to and we didn't affect it, and if he's not supposed to join then the comments will be ignored or just brushed off.

You know how I feel about this concept. :|
Greyscale

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Romeo & Juliet