Analyzing the voice mail

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Analyzing the voice mail

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:There is also the possibility that message 5 might be another serial killer, whenever a killer mentions a woman being like a work of art. (In this case sculpting.) It means they plan to "Correct" That art. In other words, cut her up until she is "perfect."

*Shudder*

I asked the Therapist on her blog exactly how many patients she has at any one time. Mostly a curiosity on my part, since she clearly already has at least, one potentially two in this Jennifer person...

Eliza Doolittle is... a bit of a stretch I know, but right now I'm prepared to believe anything. (Heck, maybe it's Tara/WMG)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby AceOfSpades on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Maybe she doesn't believe these others are really looking for help. She could think that the Sweeney Todd one was a prank call.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:Maybe she doesn't believe these others are really looking for help. She could think that the Sweeney Todd one was a prank call.

Well it's pretty crazy when you think about it, I mean why would she believe

Thing is, the fictionals can't read their own stories, right? But if the therapist is NOT a fictional she should be able to read The Demon Barber of Fleet Street no problem... maybe we should get her to read Sweeny Todd? if she doesn't believe us, we can always say we just noticed patterns and thought she might find it an interesting comparison, or something...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm

The thing I wanted to try is convince her that he has a form of disassociative identity disorder (aka split personality) brought on by severe traumatic stress involving his wife and another man, and he's using the character of Todd as a focus for his split personality. I mean, he sometimes believes he's a fictional character. Clearly he's crazy, right?

He referenced "a movie I had just watched" in one of the voice mails, so it might work.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:09 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:The thing I wanted to try is convince her that he has a form of disassociative identity disorder (aka split personality) brought on by severe traumatic stress involving his wife and another man, and he's using the character of Todd as a focus for his split personality. I mean, he sometimes believes he's a fictional character. Clearly he's crazy, right?

He referenced "a movie I had just watched" in one of the voice mails, so it might work.

Very good plan. At the very least you might be able to encourage her to read the story.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Scarab wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:Maybe she doesn't believe these others are really looking for help. She could think that the Sweeney Todd one was a prank call.

Thing is, the fictionals can't read their own stories, right? But if the therapist is NOT a fictional she should be able to read The Demon Barber of Fleet Street no problem... maybe we should get her to read Sweeny Todd? if she doesn't believe us, we can always say we just noticed patterns and thought she might find it an interesting comparison, or something...

Even if she IS a fictional, she should be able to read any book, as long as it is not a book which she herself appears in. Quixote could read Holmes' story.
But I am convinced that she is not a fictional. She fits in too well, and she seemed to know all sorts of stuff a fictional most likely wouldn't know.
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:42 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Even if she IS a fictional, she should be able to read any book, as long as it is not a book which she herself appears in. Quixote could read Holmes' story.
But I am convinced that she is not a fictional. She fits in too well, and she seemed to know all sorts of stuff a fictional most likely wouldn't know.

She's not fictional. You can't just walk into a psychiatrists office and start treating people.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:44 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
She's not fictional. You can't just walk into a psychiatrists office and start treating people.

Then it might be wise to see about talking her into reading Sweeny Todd.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

Agreed. And we don't even have to be subtle about it, that wouldn't even matter. Just tell her that her patient acts like (and tells the story of) Sweeney Todd.
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

*Sighs*

I've lost count of how many times I've suggested that.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:49 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

*Sighs*

I've lost count of how many times I've suggested that.

Well, screw it. I'm going to think of some way to suggest it without looking like a total idiot now. Anybody got suggestions as to how I would do that? Should I just be direct about it and tell her 'okay you won't believe this but could you check out this book for us'?
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm

You could tell her that the crimes he described on her phone are some of Sweeney Todd's crimes. But then you'd have to admit we've read her voice mail, and I doubt she'd be very happy with that.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm

When he was under hypnosis, he was quoting Sweeney Todd. As in, directly quoting it. We don't need to admit to listening to private messages to connect the dots.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:08 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:When he was under hypnosis, he was quoting Sweeney Todd. As in, directly quoting it. We don't need to admit to listening to private messages to connect the dots.

That makes sense, he kept mentioning Lucy and so on. There are thing we can link to him.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Okay what do you guys think of this for posting on the therapist's page:

I hope you'll be able to help him out.

You know, it's funny, I'm no expert in any of this but... have you considered the possibility of Dissociative Identity Disorder? it's just you talked about his voicemail going on about violent crimes that you don't think he could have committed. Well, maybe HE didn't, strictly speaking. All I know is Sybil and the Three Faces of Eve, I'm afraid, my knowledge is sketchy. You'd know a lot better than I.

Also a lot of the references he's making here... Talk of a judge, a wife named Lucy, talk about vengance. All this is building up to something in my head. I don't suppose examples of DID have ever been connected to fictional characters? Like, has anybody with DID believed themselves to identify with some fictional being or another?
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Scarab wrote:Okay what do you guys think of this for posting on the therapist's page:

You know, it's funny, I'm no expert in any of this but... have you considered the possibility of Dissociative Identity Disorder? it's just you talked about his voicemail going on about violent crimes that you don't think he could have committed. Well, maybe HE didn't, strictly speaking. All I know is Sybil and the Three Faces of Eve, I'm afraid, my knowledge is sketchy. You'd know a lot better than I.

Also a lot of the references he's making here... Talk of a judge, a wife named Lucy, talk about vengance. All this is building up to something in my head. I don't suppose examples of DID have ever been connected to fictional characters? Like, has anybody with DID believed themselves to identify with some fictional being or another?

An interesting idea. I like it. Why don't you give it a try?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Scarab wrote:Okay what do you guys think of this for posting on the therapist's page:

Do it. I was trying to come up with something to this effect, but yours is much better.
JackAlsworth

Postby AceOfSpades on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Worst case scenario she would probably authorize shock therapy treatment to him and make him think he is not fictional.
AceOfSpades

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Well, it's done. Let's see if she responds or if it's ignored.

I do hope she's okay, we haven't heard anything for a few days, and after those threats...
Scarab

Postby AceOfSpades on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Maybe she went to pick up her dry cleaning.
AceOfSpades

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Scarab wrote:Well, it's done. Let's see if she responds or if it's ignored.

I do hope she's okay, we haven't heard anything for a few days, and after those threats...

Actually she replied to a comment posted on her blog yesterday, so she's fine for now.
Dekso

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm

You need to directly mention Sweeney Todd. This is just beating around the bush. Nothing bad can come of it if you just mention that he sounds like Sweeney Todd.
RotavatoR

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 pm

RotavatoR wrote:

You need to directly mention Sweeney Todd. This is just beating around the bush. Nothing bad can come of it if you just mention that he sounds like Sweeney Todd.

I've already left the comment now... is it too late to add something?

Could maybe soembody else comment and say more specifically that they think it sounds like sweeny todd? Make it seem more like a dialogue we're having on her page...
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Scarab wrote:I've already left the comment now... is it too late to add something?

Could maybe soembody else comment and say more specifically that they think it sounds like sweeny todd? Make it seem more like a dialogue we're having on her page...

Posted.
JackAlsworth

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Oh crap, both comments say the same.
Sorry >.< We shoulda discussed this, but I got a lil overexcited.
She might get suspicious. On the other hand, why would she?
(Finally, derailing pays off!)
Last edited by RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RotavatoR

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal