Analyzing the voice mail

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Analyzing the voice mail

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Oh crap, both comments say the same.
Sorry >.< We shoulda discussed this, but I got a lil overexcited.
She might get suspicious. On the other hand, why would she?

We definitely need to coordinate better :lol:

It should be fine, it just means this social networking thing is working.

And we have drifted so far off topic it's not even funny. Do we want to move this discussion to the therapist/Todd section?
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Why is this topic not already in the therapists section? They're her voicemails after all.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Oh crap, both comments say the same.
Sorry >.< We shoulda discussed this, but I got a lil overexcited.
She might get suspicious. On the other hand, why would she?
(Finally, derailing pays off!)

Possibly but it's more likely it'll be a case of great minds think alike. I'll add a little something after that.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Why is this topic not already in the therapists section? They're her voicemails after all.

Mainly because some of the other voicemails are probably related to The Other Group, and we don't have a section for discussing yet.
JackAlsworth

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:And we have drifted so far off topic it's not even funny. Do we want to move this discussion to the therapist/Todd section?

Dude. I just literally changed my post to say the same xD
...This is gettin creepy o.0
Anyways, yea i agree.

@Neverslender I guess it's more about the voicemails than about the person they are directed to.
@Scarab Thank you, I feel like such a BadButt.
RotavatoR

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Um, okay, I've analyzed the video... you know... the way I usually do it. I found two strange bits of sound.
The first is right at the end of the first threat - some teeny-tiny out-of-place beep. I don't know what it means, I'm sorry. =(
The second is near the end of the last message, after the "My mom, Laura Hamilton".. there is.. um, I think somebody says "Jennifer Hamilton is not there" in a quiet voice, and is then interrupted by the "All right". Um, sorry, I didn't have decent sleep with all those meta-knight duties... so.. would you take a look yourself?.. If you don't mind?

Oh, and.. um. The sounds are amplified.
Attachments
Jennifer-Hamilton-is-not-there.zip
Somebody's voice after "My mom, Laura Hamilton"
(29.25 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
threat1-end-beep.zip
Beep at the end of the 1st threat
(37.63 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Fluttershy wrote:Um, okay, I've analyzed the video... you know... the way I usually do it. I found two strange bits of sound.
The first is right at the end of the first threat - some teeny-tiny out-of-place beep. I don't know what it means, I'm sorry. =(
The second is near the end of the last message, after the "My mom, Laura Hamilton".. there is.. um, I think somebody says "Jennifer Hamilton is not there" in a quiet voice, and is then interrupted by the "All right". Um, sorry, I didn't have decent sleep with all those meta-knight duties... so.. would you take a look yourself?.. If you don't mind?

Excellent work! Initial thoughts:

• If there's only one beep, then it's probably just white noise.
  • When I listen to the second clip you posted, I hear "Jennifer Hamilton's Number". Is anyone else getting that?
JackAlsworth

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:05 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:Um, okay, I've analyzed the video... you know... the way I usually do it. I found two strange bits of sound.

Excellent work! Initial thoughts:

• When I listen to the second clip you posted, I hear "Jennifer Hamilton's Number". Is anyone else getting that?

Crazy thought, but... That beep. What if you slow it down a million times?
RotavatoR

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:07 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:And we have drifted so far off topic it's not even funny. Do we want to move this discussion to the therapist/Todd section?

Dude. I just literally changed my post to say the same xD
...This is gettin creepy o.0
Anyways, yea i agree.

@Neverslender I guess it's more about the voicemails than about the person they are directed to.
@Scarab Thank you, I feel like such a BadButt.

Y'welcome, ditto that for me :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:08 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:Excellent work! Initial thoughts:

I hear number too.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm

RotavatoR wrote:If there's only one beep, then it's probably just white noise.
Um, white noise doesn't sound like that...
RotavatoR wrote:When I listen to the second clip you posted, I hear "Jennifer Hamilton's Number". Is anyone else getting that?
Now I do, too.
RotavatoR wrote:Crazy thought, but... That beep. What if you slow it down a million times?
Sorry.. I didn't get anything.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:If there's only one beep, then it's probably just white noise.
Um, white noise doesn't sound like that...

Sorry, what I meant was, "If there's only one, it probably doesn't mean anything, or we don't have enough information to figure it out." Especially if nothing happened when you slowed it down. If it happened at the end of a message, it might just be them hanging up.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:If it happened at the end of a message, it might just be them hanging up.

Um, there is some leftover noise after the beep... I'm not saying that sound is important, it's... it's just there.
I'm sorry guys, I can't help you anymore today.

(And tomorrow I'll be shedding Fluttershy off :gurt: )
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Guys, check it out:

The Therapist wrote:That’s very kind of you, Wysp! I am definitely concerned too, but I think the best thing right now is to try to carry on as if things are normal.

Roy – I love Monty Python! I’m pretty sure there isn’t a problem in existence they can’t cure

On the Sweeney Todd topic, I haven’t actually seen the movie or the play. Are the stories really that similar? I’ll try and have a look into that this week. It certainly would be interesting.

I think our hints may be working! She's gonna check out some stuff on Sweeny Todd! :D
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Scarab wrote:Guys, check it out:

The Therapist wrote:That’s very kind of you, Wysp! I am definitely concerned too, but I think the best thing right now is to try to carry on as if things are normal.

Roy – I love Monty Python! I’m pretty sure there isn’t a problem in existence they can’t cure

On the Sweeney Todd topic, I haven’t actually seen the movie or the play. Are the stories really that similar? I’ll try and have a look into that this week. It certainly would be interesting.

I think our hints may be working! She's gonna check out some stuff on Sweeny Todd! :D

Unfortunately I cannot acknowledge the good work of The Troper Who Must Not Be Named.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:Guys, check it out:

Unfortunately I cannot acknowledge the good work of The Troper Who Must Not Be Named.

Aw c'mon, he did good work, let's not hold that one silly act against him forever. Besides if it helps it was my idea :P (Uh, this was I mean, NOT linking Juliet to Twilight.)
Scarab

Postby YankeeWhite on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:23 am

Well lets hope she's able to look into it (Google it! :D) and not get side tracked by unforeseen events, like the Cabal pestering her some more. Or BB cracking and coming after her. *gulp*

Keep up the great work everyone!
YankeeWhite

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Wait... Guys...
The front page of the comic.

4 characters. 3 men, 1 woman.

UPD: That tinfoil hat guy said something about Arthur's sister... Morgan le Fay, or Morgana.
Shit, no?
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Dryunya wrote:Wait... Guys...

UPD: That tinfoil hat guy said something about Arthur's sister... Morgan le Fay, or Morgana.
Shit, no?

I haven't seen the comics. Where are they?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Shit, no?

Morgana would be a worry.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Zup wrote:

Shit, no?

I haven't seen the comics. Where are they?

Here

NeverSlender wrote:Morgana would be a worry.

A big one.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:55 pm

One of the guys on the cover - the one on the far right - has a half-mask, like the Phantom of the Opera. I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but I just noticed.
JackAlsworth

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 pm

I wanna say that that cane the man with the green tie's holding is familiar but I don't...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:02 pm

One of the four guys in the cover is the Phantom. Maybe the rest are also the ones mentioned by crazy teacher lady?

Also, this is Poirot at the Masquerade ball.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Morgana would be a worry.

A big one.

...This is just totally throwing it out there and is not likely to be right, but... could she be the female voice on the voice mail?
I man, she's a villain, and all, and I can see her not wanting to go back to Camelot.
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal