Analyzing the voice mail

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Analyzing the voice mail

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Morgana would be a worry.

A big one.

...This is just totally throwing it out there and is not likely to be right, but... could she be the female voice on the voice mail?
I man, she's a villain, and all, and I can see her not wanting to go back to Camelot.

It's a possibility to be sure. There's no telling, though, unless we get more information about any of them.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

A big one.

...This is just totally throwing it out there and is not likely to be right, but... could she be the female voice on the voice mail?
I man, she's a villain, and all, and I can see her not wanting to go back to Camelot.

It may not be a female voice. It also sounds like it could be a child.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

A big one.

It's possible, but we can't be sure by the voice alone...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

A big one.

If she's one of the four (likely, considering the four on the cover and then the two later that reappear) then my assumption is that she is Oberon. The Phantom could be Pyramus (he wants to be the loverboy). This is all just speculation though.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Zup wrote:If she's one of the four (likely, considering the four on the cover and then the two later that reappear) then my assumption is that she is Oberon. The Phantom could be Pyramus (he wants to be the loverboy). This is all just speculation though.

Oberon? Why Oberon?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:15 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Zup wrote:If she's one of the four (likely, considering the four on the cover and then the two later that reappear) then my assumption is that she is Oberon. The Phantom could be Pyramus (he wants to be the loverboy). This is all just speculation though.

Oberon? Why Oberon?

Oberon is the most violent of the four.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:18 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:

Oberon? Why Oberon?

Oberon is the most violent of the four.

Also, Women are usually better at being evil. At least in fiction.
Last edited by Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixelmage

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:18 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

Oberon? Why Oberon?

Because Morgana Le Fay is one of the more evil characters. On the Sliding Scale of Antagonist Vileness she's on the really evil side of things. Oberon's "ways of getting into things" sounds less like hacking and more like magic. I dunno, the pieces just fit for me.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Uh...Okay I have a connection here. I think. :? It's flimsy, but it's there.

We suspect from the fictionalthreat site that we have Morgana le Fay running around, right? Well Morgana Le Fay appears in something called the Chansons de Ges, French, translated to "songs of heroic deeds". It’s a series of epic poems that appear in very old French literature, and... well, I stole this next part right from wikipdia so quoting here:

wikipedia wrote:In the legends of Charlemagne, [something which first sprang FROM Chansons de Ges] she (Morgana) is most famous for her association with Ogier the Dane, whom she takes to her mystical island palace to be her lover. In the chanson de geste of Huon de Bordeaux, Morgan is the mother of the fairy king Oberon by none other than Julius Caesar

Oberon, the fairy, also appears in Chansons de Ges in th e story Huon of Bordeaux.

Morgan le Fay, and Oberon. I have no idea what this means right now but be damned if it doesn’t mean SOMETHING... if only that we have a very well read Cabal on our hands. (It is also possibly a sign of real world characters being taken as fictional, if Julius Ceasar is invovled, which is something we've wondered about.)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Scarab wrote:Uh...Okay I have a connection here. I think. :? It's flimsy, but it's there.

We suspect from the fictionalthreat site that we have Morgana le Fay running around, right? Well Morgana Le Fay appears in something called the Chansons de Ges, French, translated to "songs of heroic deeds". It’s a series of epic poems that appear in very old French literature, and... well, I stole this next part right from wikipdia so quoting here:

wikipedia wrote:In the legends of Charlemagne, [something which first sprang FROM Chansons de Ges] she (Morgana) is most famous for her association with Ogier the Dane, whom she takes to her mystical island palace to be her lover. In the chanson de geste of Huon de Bordeaux, Morgan is the mother of the fairy king Oberon by none other than Julius Caesar

Oberon, the fairy, also appears in Chansons de Ges in th e story Huon of Bordeaux.

Morgan le Fay, and Oberon. I have no idea what this means right now but be damned if it doesn’t mean SOMETHING... if only that we have a very well read Cabal on our hands. (It is also possibly a sign of real world characters being taken as fictional, if Julius Ceasar is invovled, which is something we've wondered about.)

Well, I will accept real persons as fictional versions of themselves. After all, Jesus is referenced in crazy teacher website, and most historians agree that Jesus existed as a real person (and some of us believe more than that, but yeah).
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Zup wrote:
Scarab wrote:Uh...Okay I have a connection here. I think. :? It's flimsy, but it's there.

Well, I will accept real persons as fictional versions of themselves. After all, Jesus is referenced in crazy teacher website, and most historians agree that Jesus existed as a real person (and some of us believe more than that, but yeah).

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what I was getting at with that connection, but I do believe that at the very least Oberon may be in some way connected to Morgana Le Fay (I also reckon she might be the female voice in the voice mail, but that's just my supposition, I have no evidence for it besides "female villain".)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Scarab wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what I was getting at with that connection, but I do believe that at the very least Oberon may be in some way connected to Morgana Le Fay (I also reckon she might be the female voice in the voice mail, but that's just my supposition, I have no evidence for it besides "female villain".)

I also wonder about the cover picture, with the three men and a woman. And the glowing white box with Mr. A on it. I can't help but think that that is at the center of all of this, and Morgan LeFay is my guess as to who the woman is in the cover. And since there's four of them and four in the Cabal...Occam's razor and all that.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Zup wrote:
Scarab wrote:

I also wonder about the cover picture, with the three men and a woman. And the glowing white box with Mr. A on it. I can't help but think that that is at the center of all of this, and Morgan LeFay is my guess as to who the woman is in the cover. And since there's four of them and four in the Cabal...Occam's razor and all that.

If it IS her, then we're starting to make a disturbing kind of sense here... I wonder what that little white box even IS? A container, for the void itself?
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Scarab wrote:
Zup wrote:
Scarab wrote:

If it IS her, then we're starting to make a disturbing kind of sense here... I wonder what that little white box even IS? A container, for the void itself?

It could be the void, Mr. As face appears to be on it.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Scarab wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:If it IS her, then we're starting to make a disturbing kind of sense here... I wonder what that little white box even IS? A container, for the void itself?

...You don't think they have a way to imprison Mister A, do you?

I hope I'm not going too far off topic again, but the crazy teacher website is talking about actually killing him... what if these guys have a way? or at least a way to stop him. What if that box is a prison for the void, and that cover shows the future?
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Scarab wrote:...You don't think they have a way to imprison Mister A, do you?

I hope I'm not going too far off topic again, but the crazy teacher website is talking about actually killing him... what if these guys have a way? or at least a way to stop him. What if that box is a prison for the void, and that cover shows the future?

I dunno, in the picture on the cover, he kinda looks like he's smiling.
JackAlsworth

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Scarab wrote:If it IS her, then we're starting to make a disturbing kind of sense here... I wonder what that little white box even IS? A container, for the void itself?

Actually, It could be a fragment of the Wall. Particle dynamics... Nah think water:
If I take a cup out, the surrounding water would flow in to fill the space. The overall volume is reduced.

Now, assuming the Wall is dynamic: It has to be, otherwise we couldn't place things on the other side by writing fiction, and we couldn't see the other side by reading.

If you take a block out, the rest of the wall collapses to fill the gap. Reducing the volume of the Wall. since we assume the wall to be a solid construct, this "flow in" would create cracks around the, now filled, gap. The effect would then repeat itself in the bigger cracks to create more cracks. The process repeats untill the wall is stable at a new level. Which in this case may mean free pass to any and all fictionals.
Pixelmage

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 pm

On that... Being a void denizen of inifinite iterations, it's perfectly reasonable that there is a instantiation in the cube. Whether or not this Instance can comunicate with the cAke Prime however is a mystery.
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Pixelmage wrote:

On that... Being a void denizen of inifinite iterations, it's perfectly reasonable that there is a instantiation in the cube. Whether or not this Instance can comunicate with the cAke Prime however is a mystery.

Yeah... what do you think the odds are that the ENTIRE VOID can be accessed via that one little cube, (whatever that cube is, it might not even be a physical thing. Could just be a metaphor for something and this is confusing enough without bringing symbolism into it...)
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Scarab wrote:Yeah... what do you think the odds are that the ENTIRE VOID can be accessed via that one little cube, (whatever that cube is, it might not even be a physical thing. Could just be a metaphor for something and this is confusing enough without bringing symbolism into it...)

My thoughts on that: :D
Pixelmage wrote:Actually, It could be a fragment of the Wall. Particle dynamics... Nah think water:
If I take a cup out, the surrounding water would flow in to fill the space. The overall volume is reduced.

Now, assuming the Wall is dynamic: It has to be, otherwise we couldn't place things on the other side by writing fiction, and we couldn't see the other side by reading.

If you take a block out, the rest of the wall collapses to fill the gap. Reducing the volume of the Wall. since we assume the wall to be a solid construct, this "flow in" would create cracks around the, now filled, gap. The effect would then repeat itself in the bigger cracks to create more cracks. The process repeats untill the wall is stable at a new level. Which in this case may mean free pass to any and all fictionals.
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:Yeah... what do you think the odds are that the ENTIRE VOID can be accessed via that one little cube, (whatever that cube is, it might not even be a physical thing. Could just be a metaphor for something and this is confusing enough without bringing symbolism into it...)

My thoughts on that: :D
Pixelmage wrote:Actually, It could be a fragment of the Wall. Particle dynamics... Nah think water:

So at first I was all O_o about that. Anf then it hit me and I was like :shock: and yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Wait waaait I just had a thought. You know how I made that really flimsy connection between Oberon and Morgana le Fay (how she's his mother in some vague medieval text)?

Maybe Oberon is Mordred ?
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Scarab wrote:Wait waaait I just had a thought. You know how I made that really flimsy connection between Oberon and Morgana le Fay (how she's his mother in some vague medieval text)?

That would NOT be fun.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Scarab wrote:Wait waaait I just had a thought. You know how I made that really flimsy connection between Oberon and Morgana le Fay (how she's his mother in some vague medieval text)?

That would NOT be fun.

I'd rather have Mordred than Morgana. But Morgana has been named via that crazy person's website, and the three men in the comic cover don't resemble Mordred. Morgana just makes more sense (but again, conjecture.)
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

That would NOT be fun.

Indeed it wouldn't :shock: But it could make sense. If that reference I found to a form of Oberon being the child of Morgana Le Fay is true... and if this Oberon we're encountering online is THAT old (way back in the 13th century)... then it's possible he'd have had time to uncover that reference to himself and choose Oberon as a suitably vague fake name.
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal