Joe's posts

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Joe's posts

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:Alright, I know Dryunya just made a thread to that very same end (ie, we don't trust Mr. A), but why was it suddenly locked?

Meaning, we can't talk about how infuriating his behavior is? Or Rule 3 on the word "ass" in the title?
I don't think we're forbidden to discuss his behavior though... It would be... infuriating.

Ah, according to Double-D, he locked it because that's not the point of the forum and Mr. A's the only one who can help Joe (and Joan Lawson). Sounds legit enough, though I still think we should take everything Mr. A says with a pound of salt.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:Alright, I know Dryunya just made a thread to that very same end (ie, we don't trust Mr. A), but why was it suddenly locked?

Meaning, we can't talk about how infuriating his behavior is? Or Rule 3 on the word "ass" in the title?
I don't think we're forbidden to discuss his behavior though... It would be... infuriating.

Read Ed's posts, he just doesn't want us talking about it.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I think it could be much more important now. He's avoiding questions and appears genuinely unhinged in his latest video. A new thread may be needed.

Perhaps. He came across to me as less unhinged and more annoyed and slightly victorious that the Cabal came forward at all.

I find it really, really hard to tell with this guy... or guys. :|

Whatever the case, it... unsettled me. Something is very much not right here.

IslaKariese wrote:Ah, according to Double-D, he locked it because that's not the point of the forum and Mr. A's the only one who can help Joe (and Joan Lawson). Sounds legit enough, though I still think we should take everything Mr. A says with a pound of salt.

Well we were already doing that, I guess.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Scarab wrote:Well we were already doing that, I guess.

There were a handful of lapdogs among our ranks, if only because they didn't know any better. And people can be unsettled by a higher-up and still do everything he tells them to.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:28 pm

This forum is for discussing WTF. Mr. A is related to WTF. we should at least be able to discuss him.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 pm

NeverSlender wrote:This forum is for discussing WTF. Mr. A is related to WTF. we should at least be able to discuss him.

It just means we can't have a thread dedicated to Mr. A's lack of trustworthiness. Edd cares too much for Joe and is too scared of the implications to allow it. It doesn't mean we can't still talk about it.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 pm

The Sending them Back Dilemma thread? it's still right here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=153&p=11674#p11674

Edited to add: Wait was there just a post here asking where the Sending them back thread went, or am I going crazy?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:33 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:This forum is for discussing WTF. Mr. A is related to WTF. we should at least be able to discuss him.

It just means we can't have a thread dedicated to Mr. A's lack of trustworthiness. Edd cares too much for Joe and is too scared of the implications to allow it. It doesn't mean we can't still talk about it.

Which just means that threads like this one will just keep getting derailed to deal with this issue. We do have some lapdogs, but if everyone that suspects him decides to force his hand into being more open, he won't have the manpower to accomplish his goals.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Scarab wrote:The Sending them Back Dilemma thread? it's still right here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=153&p=11674#p11674

Never mind, I just tried to find Wakamakamu's post that he'd just then deleted and it said 'Topic Not Found' so I panicked.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:

Which just means that threads like this one will just keep getting derailed to deal with this issue. We do have some lapdogs, but if everyone that suspects him decides to force his hand into being more open, he won't have the manpower to accomplish his goals.

That's a good point. We don't really have a lot of time to question Mister A's motives or trustworthiness right now because whatever the case, the boundaries of fiction and reality ARE under threat here, we have more immediate concerns. I say we keep doing what we're doing: figuring out both how to send them back if we have to, and exploring other possible options.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Which just means that threads like this one will just keep getting derailed to deal with this issue. We do have some lapdogs, but if everyone that suspects him decides to force his hand into being more open, he won't have the manpower to accomplish his goals.

I'm not sure we can force his hand (beyond the temper tantrum, anyway). There's only so much we can do with someone who holds so many cards.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm

I think Mr. A should be our immediate concern. All our information about the wall and the cracks has come from him. If we can't trust him then everything he has said could be a lie.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I think Mr. A should be our immediate concern. All our information about the wall and the cracks has come from him. If we can't trust him then everything he has said could be a lie.

That's... quite a jump.
JackAlsworth

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:39 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Which just means that threads like this one will just keep getting derailed to deal with this issue. We do have some lapdogs, but if everyone that suspects him decides to force his hand into being more open, he won't have the manpower to accomplish his goals.

I'm not sure we can force his hand (beyond the temper tantrum, anyway). There's only so much we can do with someone who holds so many cards.

All of his cards rely on us following through with his plans.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I think Mr. A should be our immediate concern. All our information about the wall and the cracks has come from him. If we can't trust him then everything he has said could be a lie.

That's... quite a jump.

Yeah. After all, the best lies are the ones wrapped up in true facts so that you can't tell the difference.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:

That's... quite a jump.

Which is why we should be allowed to talk about it. Otherwise we could make that jump, and then what?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Adell wrote:All of his cards rely on us following through with his plans.

Which is why we have enough power to force him to do something. Not that we can make him do whatever we want, but if we refuse to work without proper intel, he's forced to either persuade us to do it anyway or give us the intel.
Whoever follows him blindly probably won't have enough people to acutally carry the plans through.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

It's the same problem with calling someone a puppetmaster though, however he responds we may still not believe him. Is there any real way for him to be up front with us? Or are we just hoping for answers he doesn't have. It's all so frustrating.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Adell wrote:It's the same problem with calling someone a puppetmaster though, however he responds we may still not believe him. Is there any real way for him to be up front with us? Or are we just hoping for answers he doesn't have. It's all so frustrating.

But at the very least he could respond so that we can judge him on his responses not by what he could be hiding from us.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Adell wrote:It's the same problem with calling someone a puppetmaster though, however he responds we may still not believe him. Is there any real way for him to be up front with us? Or are we just hoping for answers he doesn't have. It's all so frustrating.

But at the very least he could respond so that we can judge him on his responses not by what he could be hiding from us.

Agreed. The only thing that really worries me is that he's just not explaining things to us properly. If he did that... well, what's the harm? We'd probably still keep doing exactly what he wants us to do which is trying to find ways to repair the wall and sort all this mess out with the fictionals. if he's genuine then he has nothing to lose by being upfront.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 pm

We might not trust what he said, but ignoring the questions entirely makes it look like he is hiding something.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

There were a handful of lapdogs among our ranks, if only because they didn't know any better. And people can be unsettled by a higher-up and still do everything he tells them to.

Am I one of these lapdogs? I don't think I'm fond of the term. But I still don't understand why we shouldn't trust him. He hasn't done anything wrong, unlike the cabal.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:There were a handful of lapdogs among our ranks, if only because they didn't know any better. And people can be unsettled by a higher-up and still do everything he tells them to.

Am I one of these lapdogs? I don't think I'm fond of the term. But I still don't understand why we shouldn't trust him. He hasn't done anything wrong, unlike the cabal.

Perhaps it's a bit rude, but it's far from smart to follow the man without wondering at his morals and motives. No, he hasn't done anything bad, certainly not like the Cabal has, but he is manipulative, seeing us more as pawns and tools than allies. He doesn't give a damn about us and our situations, and things that go wrong are automatically our faults, not his.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:01 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

We just think we should be careful about trusting him just because the other side is clearly (so far as we know) worse. This is kind of like choosing between a snapping shark that probably will bite you, and a sleeping shark that may bite you (I'm aware that sharks don't sleep, it's a bad analogy I'm afraid). Just because he's a less obviously negative option than the Cabal doesn't mean he's trustworthy.

Still as said - we don't have enough evidence here TO trust him. He hasn't given us any clear information, or explained exactly why we are doing what we're doing. We are told nothing and he has already said he doesn't care if we trust him. That seems... an unwise philosophy for an employer.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:04 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

1. He lies. He is not the administrator of everything. He calls himself the faceless but we've seen his face, the unsmiler but we've seen him smile.

2. He is not answering our questions. We may not be satisfied by his answers but not responding is making the situation much worse.

3. His nature as an infinite being. It's not just about trusting one person, but an infinite number of people with different personalities and motives. How does HE know he's not the bad guy?

4. He is single minded. He tells us to do things with only a vague, unproven justification.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal