Joe's posts

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Joe's posts

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Dryunya wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:EDIT: The what we know theorizes Steintiz, not Oberon, is Moriarty.

Phew. Our perfect theories are safe. :gurt:
In that case, he is someone of more recent fiction... or maybe some technomage. :?

Um, guys, it turned out I made a mistake. It was Steinitz:
Steinitz wrote:S:I have been doing my research carefully.
S:I am nothing if not a man who knows how to learn guarded information.

I'll say it again, but this time without mistakes:
If we assume they hacked the site by themselves, it was probably him who did that. But we theorize him to be Moriarty, with all his chess motifs. He hardly had two months to get the hang of this world - he couldn't have learnt hacking in that time, even given his intelligence. There is a contradiction.

If he is Moriarty, though, he probably could have just hired somebody...

Does he say he hacked the site? I would think Oberon was the most likely of them to have done it.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Steinitz telling about his methods is the only lead we have. Oberon didn't say anything to make it look that he hacked the site.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Lordxana0 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:48 pm

So did everyone hear MR. A's view on the attack? Is it just me or is he starting to sound like a bond villain?
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:So did everyone hear MR. A's view on the attack? Is it just me or is he starting to sound like a bond villain?

It's made me distrust him even more. He sounds absolutely mental.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Guyshane on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:So did everyone hear MR. A's view on the attack? Is it just me or is he starting to sound like a bond villain?

Yea sounds like...well quite as honestly it sounded as bad as the threats we got last night
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Guyshane wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

Yea sounds like...well quite as honestly it sounded as bad as the threats we got last night

My point exactly. And now he won't answer my questions.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm

As I said, I thought he is gloating. I think he is gaining something from the situation.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Dryunya wrote:As I said, I thought he is gloating. I think he is gaining something from the situation.

But what an infinite being could gain from such events?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Dryunya wrote:As I said, I thought he is gloating. I think he is gaining something from the situation.

Freedom. From what we have seen, he cannot leave the void. Maybe he wants out.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

Freedom. From what we have seen, he cannot leave the void. Maybe he wants out.

I have suspected that too. I've been thinking for a while now that at the very least, Mister A and his folks did something which may have CAUSED this problem in the first place, and may now be trying to undo the damage they've done, or else they have some ulterior motive at play. God knows why, but your idea that he's trying to escape the void may well fit.

He's better than the Cabal, I guess, but he's still not sounding like a trustworthy guy (also, why would he not care whether we trust him? Without trust this whole thing won't work. Even if he just thinks of US as tools surely he sees the logic in giving us enough information that we consider him TRUSTWORTHY? If we really ARE the one thing standing between fiction and reality breaking down, you'd think he'd be more forthcoming with evidence.) I don't know about you guys, but all this playing us like idiots is starting to get... tiring.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Nice to finally see people actually wondering if Mr.A is as on the up and up as he claims
Guyshane

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Guyshane wrote:Nice to finally see people actually wondering if Mr.A is as on the up and up as he claims

I've been saying it since the beginning, and yeah, it is nice.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Scarab wrote:I have suspected that too. I've been thinking for a while now that at the very least, Mister A and his folks did something which may have CAUSED this problem in the first place, and may now be trying to undo the damage they've done, or else they have some ulterior motive at play. God knows why, but your idea that he's trying to escape the void may well fit.

He's better than the Cabal, I guess, but he's still not sounding like a trustworthy guy (also, why would he not care whether we trust him? Without trust this whole thing won't work. Even if he just thinks of US as tools surely he sees the logic in giving us enough information that we consider him TRUSTWORTHY? If we really ARE the one thing standing between fiction and reality breaking down, you'd think he'd be more forthcoming with evidence.) I don't know about you guys, but all this playing us like idiots is starting to get... tiring.

It's been tiring from the start. It's just that we're more vocal about it now that we've spent all our patience waiting for the exposition that's not here.
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Guyshane wrote:Nice to finally see people actually wondering if Mr.A is as on the up and up as he claims

Oh, I've been doing that since Day One. Those of us who've watched both seasons of Echo Chamber particularly don't like or trust him - just think he's a metaphysical badass/Mind Screw personified.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:44 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

Oh, I've been doing that since Day One. Those of us who've watched both seasons of Echo Chamber particularly don't like or trust him - just think he's a metaphysical badass/Mind Screw personified.

Its just that I got crap for mistrusting him after about a week of my entry into the game
Guyshane

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Guyshane wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:

Its just that I got crap for mistrusting him after about a week of my entry into the game

Same. I got ridiculous amounts of crap on the sending them back thread.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:47 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Guyshane wrote:Its just that I got crap for mistrusting him after about a week of my entry into the game

I made a comment about not trusting him, but I think I was just ignored in general since no one said anything back.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:52 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
Guyshane wrote:Its just that I got crap for mistrusting him after about a week of my entry into the game

I made a comment about not trusting him, but I think I was just ignored in general since no one said anything back.

Same here. Just ignored me and I stopped talking about it. Who's insane now?! Huh? :lol:
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Same here. Just ignored me and I stopped talking about it. Who's insane now?! Huh? :lol:

...Still you, dear. But it's the good kind, is it not?
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:54 pm

I kept talking about it and the crap got worse. Then the whole endgame thing came up and the conversation moved on.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:58 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I kept talking about it and the crap got worse. Then the whole endgame thing came up and the conversation moved on.

Yeah, that's about all you can do, sometimes. Make your stand and move on until someone else sees your side. It gets annoying sometimes (don't think I haven't noticed your 'Does anyone actually read my posts?' comments), but it's human fallacy and error.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I kept talking about it and the crap got worse. Then the whole endgame thing came up and the conversation moved on.

Yeah, that's about all you can do, sometimes. Make your stand and move on until someone else sees your side. It gets annoying sometimes (don't think I haven't noticed your 'Does anyone actually read my posts?' comments), but it's human fallacy and error.

I think it could be much more important now. He's avoiding questions and appears genuinely unhinged in his latest video. A new thread may be needed.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:05 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I think it could be much more important now. He's avoiding questions and appears genuinely unhinged in his latest video. A new thread may be needed.

Perhaps. He came across to me as less unhinged and more annoyed and slightly victorious that the Cabal came forward at all.
IslaKariese

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Alright, I know Dryunya just made a thread to that very same end (ie, we don't trust Mr. A), but why was it suddenly locked?
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:17 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Alright, I know Dryunya just made a thread to that very same end (ie, we don't trust Mr. A), but why was it suddenly locked?

Meaning, we can't talk about how infuriating his behavior is? Or Rule 3 on the word "ass" in the title?
I don't think we're forbidden to discuss his behavior though... It would be... infuriating.
Pixelmage

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal