fictionalthreat

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: fictionalthreat

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Zup wrote:I think that this guy will be another source of conflict. Do we side with him, with the Cabal, or with Mr. A?

Personally, I side with the Cat. Madness is better than being mad. :P

I dunno, but I think we should at least try to talk to this guy, half of his insanity probably comes from having nobody to turn too. If we can calm him down maybe we can get him onside, and at least then he's slightly less dangerous...

Dryunya wrote:Wait a sec... the first paper's back side says something about "STRANGE BO<...> It was the weirdest <...> Twitter accou<...>".
I think we have someone else.

UPD: The second seems somewhat generic.

Fragments of an account name, maybe? let's get on it!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I wonder if any of the newspaper articles link up?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Something on there about a new Ice Mine and the name Sascatchhewan... probably irrelevant, but still, better mention it.

And that resort... could Peter Pan be around that area, maybe?

Look is there any way we can get in contact with Mister crazy on that website? Maybe ask him about getting a better look at those clippings?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Okay I looked at that website that is probably unrelated. The name Lac Des Iles translates to Lake of Islands... which I think connects to Never Never Land.

Wikipedia wrote:The novel explains that the Neverlands are found in the minds of children, and that although each is "always more or less an island", and they have a family resemblance, they are not the same from one child to the next.

...Could actually be a good place for him to show up. (I mean LOOK at that advert, who the heck advertises a fun family resort with a thunderstorm?)
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Can anybody read the last line on that "weirdest" article? I can't make it out.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Dryunya wrote:Can anybody read the last line on that "weirdest" article? I can't make it out.

Front or back?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Dryunya wrote:Can anybody read the last line on that "weirdest" article? I can't make it out.

"Beyond (it's?) for an"... I think. Urgh, I don't see how anybody can make out anything with this.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Oh, "for". Right. I kept reading it as "Tor". :) Now I can confirm that there is not enough info to get any leads.
...but we HAD to get some from his post, right?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Dryunya wrote:Oh, "for". Right. I kept reading it as "Tor". :) Now I can confirm that there is not enough info to get any leads.
...but we HAD to get some from his post, right?

Presuamably... I've tried just typing the words we DO have into google, but no luck.

Maybe we should try and contact the crazy teacher? He presumably has the REST of the article, maybe we could get the whole article off him?
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 pm

I've tried to look through Joe's videos for tinfoil-hat-looking comments (he linked to him), but gave up halfway through. Nothing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Dryunya wrote:I've tried to look through Joe's videos for tinfoil-hat-looking comments (he linked to him), but gave up halfway through. Nothing.

Damn it. I need to sleep, I'll try again in the morning if this hasn't already been solved by then.

Still think we should see about finding a way to contact Crazy Teacher... I wonder if he might be less deranged once he isn't so desperate. We're coping, at least in part, because we have each other...
Scarab

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:05 pm

How DOES one find the Cabal anyway?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:How DOES one find the Cabal anyway?

Watch their movement patterns in the real world. I'm trying to guess where each one is now. I have some suspicions, but there has yet to be concrete information.

As of a few days ago, the Phantom was probably in Boston, perhaps with Don Juan. I'm not sure though. Lefey and Moriarty haven't been doing a lot of field work, so their presence is determined by the manipulations one can find behind the scenes.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:How DOES one find the Cabal anyway?

Watch their movement patterns in the real world. I'm trying to guess where each one is now. I have some suspicions, but there has yet to be concrete information.

As of a few days ago, the Phantom was probably in Boston, perhaps with Don Juan. I'm not sure though. Lefey and Moriarty haven't been doing a lot of field work, so their presence is determined by the manipulations one can find behind the scenes.

has anyone else noticed that all the characters are behaving VERY similar to how they would behave in their story lines?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:has anyone else noticed that all the characters are behaving VERY similar to how they would behave in their story lines?

Scenario Theory. It means the plots also leak to our world: Holmes pops here out of nowhere, sudden murder investigation to conduct.
And their personality does not change, so Metaneko is still a trickster, Juliet still a romantic, etc.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Scarab wrote:Still think we should see about finding a way to contact Crazy Teacher... I wonder if he might be less deranged once he isn't so desperate. We're coping, at least in part, because we have each other...

Now that Mr. A said there are no more POIs for us to find... should we bother?
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 am

I've looked at the site again, and the Tinfoil Hat teacher is going crazy. Yes, the theories are interesting, but I'm not really too sure.

The Cat's helped us find characters so far, and was kind enough to TROLL the Cabal. :gurt:

Holmes, of course, will NEVER work together with Moriarty. Because Holmes is a freaking detective. Nuff said.

Peter Pan only likes to have children experience Neverland, and as well as that, he doesn't seem like a pedo.

And we don't know what Sandwich Mr. A likes to eat- yet.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Tohrinha on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:19 am

Dryunya wrote:
Scarab wrote:Still think we should see about finding a way to contact Crazy Teacher... I wonder if he might be less deranged once he isn't so desperate. We're coping, at least in part, because we have each other...

Now that Mr. A said there are no more POIs for us to find... should we bother?

Um . . . when did he say that?
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Tohrinha on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:And we don't know what Sandwich Mr. A likes to eat- yet.

I believe the teacher's referring to Frankenstein's blog, where Italian beef is mentioned.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 am

Tohrinha wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Now that Mr. A said there are no more POIs for us to find... should we bother?

Um . . . when did he say that?

https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/sta ... 4534950914
Mr. Administrator wrote:EXCELLENT WORK. WE CAN CONFIRM THAT PETER PAN IS A POI. WE BELIEVE HIM TO BE THE FINAL POI WE WILL NEED TO TRACK DOWN.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 am

Good, we already had more than enough characters.

I wonder if the teacher is gonna look for absolutely no one in particular. He has no idea how to access Mr. As "lair".
Last edited by NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 am

He doesn't know about him. And considering that he knows about Joe, and thus can find this thread, it would be better not to mention him. :?
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 am

Noted and fix'd.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 am

NeverSlender wrote:I wonder if the teacher is gonna look for absolutely no one in particular.

You're good. :geek:
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 am

Dryunya wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I wonder if the teacher is gonna look for absolutely no one in particular.

You're good. :geek:

:mrgreen:
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal