fictionalthreat

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: fictionalthreat

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Dryunya wrote:EC is shot in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(They are probably thinking "OK, guys, now you're just being creepy" :D )

There's no info on the Tyrant (black guy in the corresponding episode).

Have just examined the episode in question, and he appears to specifically be a one off minion. I think it likely that Mr. A does stuff like that a lot, INCREASING the chances significantly of the person in question being someone we have not seen before. Though, out of curiosity, where the hell is Zack right now?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Have just examined the episode in question, and he appears to specifically be a one off minion. I think it likely that Mr. A does stuff like that a lot, INCREASING the chances significantly of the person in question being someone we have not seen before. Though, out of curiosity, where the hell is Zack right now?

Retconned away?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

Retconned away?

I dunno, but the real world Zack hasn't tweeted in a few days now...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Which one? He has an in character and an out of character account.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Remember, Mr. A said that Zack was uninvolved previously. That probably extends to now as well. I was just being thorough.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Mr. Administrator on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 pm

THE "TEACHER" IS ESSENTIALLY PURSUING THE SAME WORK AS JOE. THEY BOTH WORRY ABOUT THE RIGHT THINGS. HOWEVER, THE "TEACHER" IS ESSENTIALLY OF NO USE, AS HE IS CLINICALLY INSANE. WHILE YOU ARE FREE TO AMUSE YOURSELVES WITH HIS RAMBLINGS, DO NOT LOSE SIGHT OF MORE IMMEDIATE TASKS.

WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT KILLING US WILL SOLVE ANYTHING. ALSO, KILLING US WOULD AMOUNT TO A GENOCIDE, AND WE ARE CERTAIN YOU DO NOT WANT THAT ON YOUR HANDS.

THE AGENT MENTIONED HAS HAD TO DEAL WITH HARASSMENT FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL FOR SOME TIME, AND HAS DEACTIVATED HIS NUMBER AS A RESULT. PURSUING HIS NUMBER IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME.
Mr. Administrator

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Remember, Mr. A said that Zack was uninvolved previously. That probably extends to now as well. I was just being thorough.

But if Zack was retconned out Mr. A might not know. He can't have retconned him out of existence can he.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Zack is here.
Also, Mr. A talked about retconning Zack back into Echo Chamber.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Dryunya wrote:Zack is here.
Also, Mr. A talked about retconning Zack back into Echo Chamber.

OK, so not Zack, and Mr. A talked. I thought that would happen. All right, I'm all done here for now...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

THE SITE HAS BEEN UNLOCKED. Somebody, try the number. And don't forget to record!

(and that image is just a Cthulhu pic.)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Dryunya wrote:THE SITE HAS BEEN UNLOCKED. Somebody, try the number. And don't forget to record!

(and that image is just a Cthulhu pic.)

Mr. A already confirmed that the number would be disabled. Don't hope for much. As to the site, I'm not seeing anything different except the Cthulhu pic, and we already knew what that was anyhow.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Mr. A already confirmed that the number would be disabled. Don't hope for much.

It's on the forum, is it? I didn't see that on Twitter.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Mr. A already confirmed that the number would be disabled. Don't hope for much.

It's on this thread. Just look up.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Right above you.

Mr. Administrator wrote:THE "TEACHER" IS ESSENTIALLY PURSUING THE SAME WORK AS JOE. THEY BOTH WORRY ABOUT THE RIGHT THINGS. HOWEVER, THE "TEACHER" IS ESSENTIALLY OF NO USE, AS HE IS CLINICALLY INSANE. WHILE YOU ARE FREE TO AMUSE YOURSELVES WITH HIS RAMBLINGS, DO NOT LOSE SIGHT OF MORE IMMEDIATE TASKS.

WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT KILLING US WILL SOLVE ANYTHING. ALSO, KILLING US WOULD AMOUNT TO A GENOCIDE, AND WE ARE CERTAIN YOU DO NOT WANT THAT ON YOUR HANDS.

THE AGENT MENTIONED HAS HAD TO DEAL WITH HARASSMENT FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL FOR SOME TIME, AND HAS DEACTIVATED HIS NUMBER AS A RESULT. PURSUING HIS NUMBER IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:08 pm

...wow. Can't believe I missed that one.
That's probably a forum equivalent of Ceiling Cling. :?
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Dryunya wrote:...wow. Can't believe I missed that one.

*Carefully peels off the ceiling*

Also frankly I hope his spelling was better while he was still a teacher because his typo's are rediculous... He mis-spelt destruction in capslock, for goodness sakes.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Scarab wrote:

Also frankly I hope his spelling was better while he was still a teacher because his typo's are rediculous... He mis-spelt destruction in capslock, for goodness sakes.

I compiled all the spelling errors and got nada. No hidden words or phrases. :cry:
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Zup wrote:
Scarab wrote:

I compiled all the spelling errors and got nada. No hidden words or phrases. :cry:

Bugger, I never even thought of that... well, good effort anyay :)
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Since Mr. A has implied that this is not an immediate concern, I'm not going to bother trying to track down the address associated with the phone number or anything, unless there's significant evidence that we should be caring about this teacher's misspelled ramblings.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm

The Phantom is almost certainly Erik, the Phantom of the Opera, and very likely the one from the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, since that's what people think of when they hear his name. Although personally, I think of the Claude Rains Phantom from 1943.

Or it could be this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom

It's very unlikely, VERY unlikely, but it could be him.....
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Or it could be this.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it's not him. He is drawn on the comic's front page, and you can clearly see Phantom (of the Opera)'s Memetic Outfit - a half-mask.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 am

Dryunya wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it's not him. He is drawn on the comic's front page, and you can clearly see Phantom (of the Opera)'s Memetic Outfit - a half-mask.

We might be looking around the right time period, though. Could he be any other comic character from that far back? it seems the oldest stuff is getting through first
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:18 am

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

We might be looking around the right time period, though. Could he be any other comic character from that far back? it seems the oldest stuff is getting through first

Like I said, very unlikely, but it could be possible.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am

I'm certain it's the phantom of the opera, not the phantom.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:41 am

NeverSlender wrote:I'm certain it's the phantom of the opera, not the phantom.

Looking at the comic title page for the third time, I'm convinced now.

Should we add him to the Character Sheet?

No hang on, only when we're sure.

And the title page shows four-

A girl? with blonde hair, a green dress, wristbands, and a band around her head with a green jewel set into it.

A man with a cane, a long brown coat, a red sweater, green tie. red hair, glasses, gloves and a huge cube with Mr.A's profile on it in his left hand.

A man with a purple coat, brown hair and a beard.

And Erik, who seems to have gained all his hair back, and has a long knife in his belt. He's probably a Knife Nut then. I wonder where his Punjab Garroting Lasso Noose is....
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal