Inviting the Cabal

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Inviting the Cabal

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 am

Hello guys. I may not be in position to do this, but they are open to communication.

Their position is understandable - they want to stay.
Our position is understandable - we want to close the wall before Eldritch Abominations start getting out.

We are told to send allthe characters back, and not doing so is said to have dire consequences (even Mr. A is not sure about what they would be). That's all we know. We did have some talks that leaving a few characters who are able to blend in is acceptable, which means we may agree to compromise.

Our information is scarce. In the very least, we may hear their side of the story.
If you are reading me, consider that an invitation.

P.S. If you are willing to settle it peacefully, hacking us was a retarded thing to do. Just saying.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Inviting the Cabal

Postby YankeeWhite on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 am

Yes please contact us The Cabal.
There has to be a way to settle this peacefully with out the threat (or act) of violence. We should be able to find a compromise. Some of the fictites are very helpful and I for one would like to see some of them remain in our world.
I'm willing to listen to The Cabal.
YankeeWhite

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 am

If the members of the cabal left the messages on the psychiatrists machine, we can use their accents to narrow down the suspects.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 am

We MUST contact the Cabal.

Prevent the invasion of Lovecraft's creatures at all costs!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:41 am

I kind of expected them to write here, guys.
They didn't leave us their coordinates, so I assume they will come here if they have anything to say.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 am

That link is for an archived chat. Is there an active one?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:51 am

Nope. If they are willing to leave one, that would be nice of them.

I might also say that having a publicly accessed forum and a publicly edited wiki to coordinate our actions is retarded. :gurt:
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 am

I agree. If they're willing to talk, we have to demonstrate that we're reasonable, be it to hopefully reach a better conclusion or just so we know for sure we did everything possible to end this without causing more grief than is nessecary

Personally, I'm more suspicious of their leaders intentions than the other three, but it's clear what they want is to be left alone. And we ARE working on other solutions besides just sending them all back. The weay they went about this is... pretty silly if you ask me. I mean how hard would it have been to instead send Joe a polite letter saying "Look we're the people you're getting confused by, we understand this is causing problems but we really don't want to go back, could we maybe talk about alternatives?"?

Any thoughts on the slightly unhinged, but accurately paranoid former teacher?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am

So the final hacked message said that if we sympathize, we will see them when the clock strikes :45. Is that a reference to 12:45 am EST (0:45)? And see them where? At the Pheeble site? Is there a riddle in that then?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am

Zup wrote:So the final hacked message said that if we sympathize, we will see them when the clock strikes :45. Is that a reference to 12:45 am EST (0:45)? And see them where? At the Pheeble site? Is there a riddle in that then?

It was posted on the main page of WTF about 40 minutes past the hour. They were referring to the 45 minute mark of the hour the message was posted. At that exactly time (I checked seconds before) the intro6 archive was uploaded.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Zup wrote:So the final hacked message said that if we sympathize, we will see them when the clock strikes :45. Is that a reference to 12:45 am EST (0:45)? And see them where? At the Pheeble site? Is there a riddle in that then?

It was posted on the main page of WTF about 40 minutes past the hour. They were referring to the 45 minute mark of the hour the message was posted. At that exactly time (I checked seconds before) the intro6 archive was uploaded.

I'm guessing these will follow a pattern and the codes will change to middle and end.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am

The Cheshire cat made a reference to 'Four who wait in the shadows' which are probably these guys... maybe we could talk to him about finding who they are (although good luck getting anything coherent out of him.)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am

Scarab wrote:The Cheshire cat made a reference to 'Four who wait in the shadows' which are probably these guys... maybe we could talk to him about finding who they are (although good luck getting anything coherent out of him.)

Do you think they're fictional villains?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 am

IslaKariese wrote:
Scarab wrote:The Cheshire cat made a reference to 'Four who wait in the shadows' which are probably these guys... maybe we could talk to him about finding who they are (although good luck getting anything coherent out of him.)

Do you think they're fictional villains?

I think at least ONE of them is. Either that or he's running from something in his own world that is so terrible hehas resorted to villainy to escape it. Or possibly both. That person, I suspect, is Oberon.

The others... I don't know. They don't seem like very nice people but there's a difference between being a malicious character and being an out and out villain...
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 am

Scarab wrote:I think at least ONE of them is. Either that or he's running from something in his own world that is so terrible hehas resorted to villainy to escape it. Or possibly both. That person, I suspect, is Oberon.

The others... I don't know. They don't seem like very nice people but there's a difference between being a malicious character and being an out and out villain...

Oberon. King of Fairies. If the name suits him, it means he identifies with that character... Do we know any Oberon-Expy? Though I'm being too literal to find something... I'm fairly certain that there's some sort of Theme Naming or Meaningful Name being used.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:34 am

Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:I think at least ONE of them is. Either that or he's running from something in his own world that is so terrible hehas resorted to villainy to escape it. Or possibly both. That person, I suspect, is Oberon.

Oberon. King of Fairies. If the name suits him, it means he identifies with that character... Do we know any Oberon-Expy? Though I'm being too literal to find something... I'm fairly certain that there's some sort of Theme Naming or Meaningful Name being used.

Either an Oberon expy, or soemthing who simply... identifies with Oberon.

Looking up the Shakespeare character, he is the guy who made Titania fall in love with Bottom by using a love potion of some kind... they were fighting over ownership of a changeling child whom he wanted as a hencheman, and who Titania wanted as a servant/aid of her own. He gve her the potion to make her fall in love with whomever she first saw, out of anger. Though he regrets it at the end and they get back together.

No evidence of him being some kind of... I don't know, organizer or anything, although his ations DID instigate most of the plot of A Midsummer Night's Dream...
Scarab

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am

Getting their side of the story is fine, but I'd much rather confront Mr.A right now. We've been arguing for weeks now about whether sending these characters back is ACTUAL NECESSARY to close the wall. If it's not, a lot of the metaguards seem to want to let some of these characters stay. Now while I'm not sure I agree, I at least want to know why sending all of them back is so necessary. If it isn't, and Mr.A just wants us to, I might be more willing to compromise with these Cabal guys.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am

Adell wrote:Getting their side of the story is fine, but I'd much rather confront Mr.A right now. We've been arguing for weeks now about whether sending these characters back is ACTUAL NECESSARY to close the wall. If it's not, a lot of the metaguards seem to want to let some of these characters stay. Now while I'm not sure I agree, I at least want to know why sending all of them back is so necessary. If it isn't, and Mr.A just wants us to, I might be more willing to compromise with these Cabal guys.

Yeah, I think I pretty much agree with that. Question is, how on earth do we talk Mister A into giving us some ACTUAL information for a change? It's really not fair to have kept us hanging for so long...

I mean, we're assuming he DOES know what's going on here, but I'm not certain they know HOW to fix the wall at all.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am

Scarab wrote:Yeah, I think I pretty much agree with that. Question is, how on earth do we talk Mister A into giving us some ACTUAL information for a change? It's really not fair to have kept us hanging for so long...

I mean, we're assuming he DOES know what's going on here, but I'm not certain they know HOW to fix the wall at all.

First thing: We ask. I'm not sure we can do anything else. From his answer we decide how to move... I'm already on it.
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 am

Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:Yeah, I think I pretty much agree with that. Question is, how on earth do we talk Mister A into giving us some ACTUAL information for a change? It's really not fair to have kept us hanging for so long...

First thing: We ask. I'm not sure we can do anything else. From his answer we decide how to move... I'm already on it.

Be polite at first. If you don't get an answer then, well, demand one.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:55 am

NeverSlender wrote:Be polite at first. If you don't get an answer then, well, demand one.

Twitter's character limit doesn't leave much room for that. I just flat out asked why we have to send them back if they pose no threat. Not that I mean to be rude.

Mr. A, feel free to post a wall of text here as a response. We really hope for a satisfactory answer.
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am

Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Be polite at first. If you don't get an answer then, well, demand one.

Twitter's character limit doesn't leave much room for that. I just flat out asked why we have to send them back if they pose no threat. Not that I mean to be rude.

Mr. A, feel free to post a wall of text here as a response. We really hope for a satisfactory answer.

Yeah, I have a pretty good rant in my head for if that doesn't work but it's FAR too long for twitter.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 am

Pixelmage wrote:

Thing is, do we have any idea what to do if we DON'T get a satisfactory answer? I mean, I don't trust this Cabal very much, however justified their reasoning may (and I do stress, MAY) be...
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Scarab wrote:Thing is, do we have any idea what to do if we DON'T get a satisfactory answer? I mean, I don't trust this Cabal very much, however justified their reasoning may (and I do stress, MAY) be...

Well, while we wait... I was thinking.
:idea: The Cabal 4 fit the Woobie Archetype.
They talk about how awful it is to be stuck in their stories, yet, a protagonist such as Julliet wants nothing more than to go back. The ones that don't are the ones who go through hell on their stories. That could limit our possible character pool.
Pixelmage

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:Thing is, do we have any idea what to do if we DON'T get a satisfactory answer? I mean, I don't trust this Cabal very much, however justified their reasoning may (and I do stress, MAY) be...

Well, while we wait... I was thinking.
:idea: The Cabal 4 fit the Woobie Archetype.
They talk about how awful it is to be stuck in their stories, yet, a protagonist such as Julliet wants nothing more than to go back. The ones that don't are the ones who go through hell on their stories. That could limit our possible character pool.

Woobie implies that the audience sympathizes with them. I do not sympathize with these terrorists.
All their messages imply to me is that they want to be the writers of their own destiny. I don't see anything that suggests that their in story lives were awful, simply that they do not want to back to it, perhaps because this world is better, or because they have the opportunity to do something here they couldn't before, to make their own choices and not conform to the will of an artist. They speak of freedom, not escaping a horrible existence.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Next

Return to The Cabal