Inviting the Cabal

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Inviting the Cabal

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Dryunya wrote:I think we should archive all this extended session somewhere. It is a pain to piece it together on twitter, and it's a valuable piece of EC canon. Now I know that if you pee in the void, it will fall endlessly, and that Mr. Administrator is naked all the time. Make me unsee it.

Since I'm going to review it later, I can get on with it... If you tell me where to store it.

I guess you could (re)make the Mr. A is an a- I mean, I guess you could make a thread to store and discuss Mr. A's Twitter conversations, like we do with the characters. Not the best way to store the information but still... It's better than twitter.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 pm

I was thinking about a TV Tropes page, maybe. Anyway, it has to be converted to plain text first. After that, I could dump it here, but I don't like the idea of creating an info post, only to bury it under our speculations.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Well, it was fun, and informative.
Any one more willing to trust Mr. A?

Not sure, I'll have to go through all those questions I just meticulously copied to a photoshop document (darn lack of twitter, capture-paste was faster) later and see, but I'm sure we all appreciate the AMA.

I'll say this, though, he's certainly not the stick in the mud I assumed he was :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Scarab wrote:

Not sure, I'll have to go through all those questions I just meticulously copied to a photoshop document (darn lack of twitter, capture-paste was faster) later and see, but I'm sure we all appreciate the AMA.

I'll say this, though, he's certainly not the stick in the mud I assumed he was :D

Or at least, parts of him aren't. Remember Madame Administrator? :D
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Or at least, parts of him aren't. Remember Madame Administrator? :D

Oh yeah she was awesome :D (Didn't she get disintergrated? I really wanted her to hang around.)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JRPictures on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:31 am

Scarab wrote:Oh yeah she was awesome :D (Didn't she get disintergrated? I really wanted her to hang around.)

I think ...maybe. Or maybe not, we'll see hopefully.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:32 am

OK, I'm done with the Q&A. It is now good ol' plain text.
It will hang here for a month. Before that time, we should host it somewhere. Until then, check if I missed something.

That guy is actually funny when he's not being all hush-hush. :D

(To the ninja!JRPictures: I was absent for hours, and just as I came back and made a minute-long post, you just had to ninja me. ;) )
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:36 am

Dryunya wrote:OK, I'm done with the Q&A. It is now good ol' plain text.
It will hang here for a month. Before that time, we should host it somewhere. Until then, check if I missed something.

That guy is actually funny when he's not being all hush-hush. :D

(To the ninja!JRPictures: I was absent for hours, and just as I came back and made a minute-long post, you just had to ninja me. ;) )

Just so you know, he said he would answer the REST tomorrow, so this ain't over. I would help, but it's 1:35 AM here.

EDIT: BTW, Dryu, did you notice the confirmation of our theory? :D
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 am

Sicon112 wrote:EDIT: BTW, Dryu, did you notice the confirmation of our theory? :D

Which one? He answered quite a lot.

Double BTW: Do you that with all that information we can classify him as a non-hostile Humanoid Abomination? :o

UPD: We forgot to ask the most important thing when it comes to clones: whether or not he makes out with himself. :mrgreen:
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 am

Dryunya wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:EDIT: BTW, Dryu, did you notice the confirmation of our theory? :D

Which one? He answered quite a lot.

Double BTW: Do you that with all that information we can classify him as a non-hostile Humanoid Abomination? :o

For the moment, it seems non-hostile. What I meant was that he confirmed, in different points, a HUGE amount of the meta-verse theory. I'll go over and make some analysis of his responses to smooth out some bits in the morning, but I think most of the fundamental bases are confirmed, even my "Mr. A can't write fiction" thing that started the whole thread.

Also, what do you think the GM's said when they saw us coming up with that stuff? I would have loved to see their reactions.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:54 am

Sicon112 wrote:I think most of the fundamental bases are confirmed, even my "Mr. A can't write fiction" thing that started the whole thread.

This bit is good to be clarified, but It makes no sense - even Mr. A admits it. Oh well. That means the second version was more correct about this. I'll make an update when I get some decent sleep... That will probably be somewhere around tomorrow PST evening. And I don't think I'll get to write the Medusa story, either... :(

Sicon112 wrote:Also, what do you think the GM's said when they saw us coming up with that stuff?

Sure, Why Not? ;) :D

UPD: I've just realized that I forgot to confirm the Blueprint theory. :evil: It was very important! Stupid me! Stupid! "Whooo's giving who amnesia?" :twisted:
Let's hope he answers it during the next session. It will be a follow-up, but maybe we'll persuade him.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:06 am

Don't have a twitter myself so couldn't get involved but you know, I thin k a lot of the things I thought about this guy either aren't true, or at least aren't the way I thought they were.

I'm not fully ready to trust him yet, but it seems to me a lot of the things he's said that concerned me may just be the result of poor communication skills between humans and... well, whatever he us. When he said 'WE DON'T CARE WITH YOU TRUST US' what he actually meant was "WHETHER OR NOT YOU TRUST US IS IRRELEVANT TO THE PROBLEM AT HAND". The reason he hasn't been communicating us is because they were focussed on research and didn't REALISE that we normal human beings required the kind of input he wasn't giving.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 am

One question I sent left to be answered.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:46 am

Wait wait wait. Mr. A your message says your over the daily limit for tweets. The daily tweet limit is one thousand tweets. You only have 374 tweets.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Mr. Administrator on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:51 am

Screen shot 2012-10-17 at 4.49.17 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-10-17 at 4.49.17 AM.png (28.91 KiB) Viewed 6594 times

IT WOULD SEEM WE RAN AGROUND ON A SEMI-HOURLY INTERVAL. PLEASE SEND YOUR FEEDBACK TO TWITTER'S SO-CALLED "ADMINISTRATORS".
Mr. Administrator

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:56 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:

IT WOULD SEEM WE RAN AGROUND ON A SEMI-HOURLY INTERVAL. PLEASE SEND YOUR FEEDBACK TO TWITTER'S SO-CALLED "ADMINISTRATORS".

Mr. A, do you have any news about the Kabals?

Have they been spotted anywhere? Were the Spam Threads relevant to the hackings that happened here? Is there anything big that we must know right now?

(Also notices the Twitter Limit)

Really? A limit on Twitter messages? THAT'S JUST CRAZY
Last edited by The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:

Jesus twitter is crap. And I have plenty of questions for when you start again. :)
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 am

Idea: What if one of the members of the Kabal is Benvolio? He would know Romeo's backstory and was Romeo's relative in the play. Or maybe it's Mercutio? He was, mind you, a good pal of Romeo's in the Original Play, and would love to see him return. He would also fight others, like he did with Tybalt in Act 3, to protect Romeo.
The Finch

Postby Wysp on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Noticed this on a listen-through of the messages on Joan's phone--one of the Cabal is female. She left the "found your notebook" message.
Wysp

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Wysp wrote:Noticed this on a listen-through of the messages on Joan's phone--one of the Cabal is female. She left the "found your notebook" message.

Ok. This is new.

(Looks at poster)

Last edited by The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Finch

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Wysp wrote:Noticed this on a listen-through of the messages on Joan's phone--one of the Cabal is female. She left the "found your notebook" message.

Yes, we've discussed that already. It's also likely that the four of them are shown on the Shards Cover page.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Not necessarily. It's most likely a woman, but it could also be a small child.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:46 pm

NeverSlender wrote:

Why would a small child join a deadly gang?
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm

The Finch wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

Why would a small child join a deadly gang?

Come on, how many fictional creepy children are there?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm

The Finch wrote:Why would a small child join a deadly gang?

You haven't heard of Baby Doll from Batman:TAS have you?
IslaKariese

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal