Page 1 of 7

Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 am
by Dryunya
Hello guys. I may not be in position to do this, but they are open to communication.

Their position is understandable - they want to stay.
Our position is understandable - we want to close the wall before Eldritch Abominations start getting out.

We are told to send allthe characters back, and not doing so is said to have dire consequences (even Mr. A is not sure about what they would be). That's all we know. We did have some talks that leaving a few characters who are able to blend in is acceptable, which means we may agree to compromise.

Our information is scarce. In the very least, we may hear their side of the story.
If you are reading me, consider that an invitation.

P.S. If you are willing to settle it peacefully, hacking us was a retarded thing to do. Just saying.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 am
by YankeeWhite
Yes please contact us The Cabal.
There has to be a way to settle this peacefully with out the threat (or act) of violence. We should be able to find a compromise. Some of the fictites are very helpful and I for one would like to see some of them remain in our world.
I'm willing to listen to The Cabal.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 am
by NeverSlender
If the members of the cabal left the messages on the psychiatrists machine, we can use their accents to narrow down the suspects.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 am
by The Wild West Pyro
We MUST contact the Cabal.

Prevent the invasion of Lovecraft's creatures at all costs!

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:41 am
by Dryunya
I kind of expected them to write here, guys.
They didn't leave us their coordinates, so I assume they will come here if they have anything to say.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 am
by NeverSlender
That link is for an archived chat. Is there an active one?

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:51 am
by Dryunya
Nope. If they are willing to leave one, that would be nice of them.

I might also say that having a publicly accessed forum and a publicly edited wiki to coordinate our actions is retarded. :gurt:

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 am
by Scarab
I agree. If they're willing to talk, we have to demonstrate that we're reasonable, be it to hopefully reach a better conclusion or just so we know for sure we did everything possible to end this without causing more grief than is nessecary

Personally, I'm more suspicious of their leaders intentions than the other three, but it's clear what they want is to be left alone. And we ARE working on other solutions besides just sending them all back. The weay they went about this is... pretty silly if you ask me. I mean how hard would it have been to instead send Joe a polite letter saying "Look we're the people you're getting confused by, we understand this is causing problems but we really don't want to go back, could we maybe talk about alternatives?"?

Any thoughts on the slightly unhinged, but accurately paranoid former teacher?

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am
by Zup
So the final hacked message said that if we sympathize, we will see them when the clock strikes :45. Is that a reference to 12:45 am EST (0:45)? And see them where? At the Pheeble site? Is there a riddle in that then?

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am
by Sicon112
Zup wrote:So the final hacked message said that if we sympathize, we will see them when the clock strikes :45. Is that a reference to 12:45 am EST (0:45)? And see them where? At the Pheeble site? Is there a riddle in that then?


It was posted on the main page of WTF about 40 minutes past the hour. They were referring to the 45 minute mark of the hour the message was posted. At that exactly time (I checked seconds before) the intro6 archive was uploaded.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 am
by NeverSlender
Sicon112 wrote:
Zup wrote:So the final hacked message said that if we sympathize, we will see them when the clock strikes :45. Is that a reference to 12:45 am EST (0:45)? And see them where? At the Pheeble site? Is there a riddle in that then?


It was posted on the main page of WTF about 40 minutes past the hour. They were referring to the 45 minute mark of the hour the message was posted. At that exactly time (I checked seconds before) the intro6 archive was uploaded.


I'm guessing these will follow a pattern and the codes will change to middle and end.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am
by Scarab
The Cheshire cat made a reference to 'Four who wait in the shadows' which are probably these guys... maybe we could talk to him about finding who they are (although good luck getting anything coherent out of him.)

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am
by IslaKariese
Scarab wrote:The Cheshire cat made a reference to 'Four who wait in the shadows' which are probably these guys... maybe we could talk to him about finding who they are (although good luck getting anything coherent out of him.)

Do you think they're fictional villains?

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 am
by Scarab
IslaKariese wrote:
Scarab wrote:The Cheshire cat made a reference to 'Four who wait in the shadows' which are probably these guys... maybe we could talk to him about finding who they are (although good luck getting anything coherent out of him.)

Do you think they're fictional villains?


I think at least ONE of them is. Either that or he's running from something in his own world that is so terrible hehas resorted to villainy to escape it. Or possibly both. That person, I suspect, is Oberon.

The others... I don't know. They don't seem like very nice people but there's a difference between being a malicious character and being an out and out villain...

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 am
by Pixelmage
Scarab wrote:I think at least ONE of them is. Either that or he's running from something in his own world that is so terrible hehas resorted to villainy to escape it. Or possibly both. That person, I suspect, is Oberon.

The others... I don't know. They don't seem like very nice people but there's a difference between being a malicious character and being an out and out villain...


Oberon. King of Fairies. If the name suits him, it means he identifies with that character... Do we know any Oberon-Expy? Though I'm being too literal to find something... I'm fairly certain that there's some sort of Theme Naming or Meaningful Name being used.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:34 am
by Scarab
Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:I think at least ONE of them is. Either that or he's running from something in his own world that is so terrible hehas resorted to villainy to escape it. Or possibly both. That person, I suspect, is Oberon.

The others... I don't know. They don't seem like very nice people but there's a difference between being a malicious character and being an out and out villain...


Oberon. King of Fairies. If the name suits him, it means he identifies with that character... Do we know any Oberon-Expy? Though I'm being too literal to find something... I'm fairly certain that there's some sort of Theme Naming or Meaningful Name being used.


Either an Oberon expy, or soemthing who simply... identifies with Oberon.

Looking up the Shakespeare character, he is the guy who made Titania fall in love with Bottom by using a love potion of some kind... they were fighting over ownership of a changeling child whom he wanted as a hencheman, and who Titania wanted as a servant/aid of her own. He gve her the potion to make her fall in love with whomever she first saw, out of anger. Though he regrets it at the end and they get back together.

No evidence of him being some kind of... I don't know, organizer or anything, although his ations DID instigate most of the plot of A Midsummer Night's Dream...

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am
by Adell
Getting their side of the story is fine, but I'd much rather confront Mr.A right now. We've been arguing for weeks now about whether sending these characters back is ACTUAL NECESSARY to close the wall. If it's not, a lot of the metaguards seem to want to let some of these characters stay. Now while I'm not sure I agree, I at least want to know why sending all of them back is so necessary. If it isn't, and Mr.A just wants us to, I might be more willing to compromise with these Cabal guys.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am
by Scarab
Adell wrote:Getting their side of the story is fine, but I'd much rather confront Mr.A right now. We've been arguing for weeks now about whether sending these characters back is ACTUAL NECESSARY to close the wall. If it's not, a lot of the metaguards seem to want to let some of these characters stay. Now while I'm not sure I agree, I at least want to know why sending all of them back is so necessary. If it isn't, and Mr.A just wants us to, I might be more willing to compromise with these Cabal guys.


Yeah, I think I pretty much agree with that. Question is, how on earth do we talk Mister A into giving us some ACTUAL information for a change? It's really not fair to have kept us hanging for so long...

I mean, we're assuming he DOES know what's going on here, but I'm not certain they know HOW to fix the wall at all.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am
by Pixelmage
Scarab wrote:Yeah, I think I pretty much agree with that. Question is, how on earth do we talk Mister A into giving us some ACTUAL information for a change? It's really not fair to have kept us hanging for so long...

I mean, we're assuming he DOES know what's going on here, but I'm not certain they know HOW to fix the wall at all.


First thing: We ask. I'm not sure we can do anything else. From his answer we decide how to move... I'm already on it.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 am
by NeverSlender
Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:Yeah, I think I pretty much agree with that. Question is, how on earth do we talk Mister A into giving us some ACTUAL information for a change? It's really not fair to have kept us hanging for so long...

I mean, we're assuming he DOES know what's going on here, but I'm not certain they know HOW to fix the wall at all.


First thing: We ask. I'm not sure we can do anything else. From his answer we decide how to move... I'm already on it.


Be polite at first. If you don't get an answer then, well, demand one.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:55 am
by Pixelmage
NeverSlender wrote:Be polite at first. If you don't get an answer then, well, demand one.


Twitter's character limit doesn't leave much room for that. I just flat out asked why we have to send them back if they pose no threat. Not that I mean to be rude.

Mr. A, feel free to post a wall of text here as a response. We really hope for a satisfactory answer.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am
by NeverSlender
Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Be polite at first. If you don't get an answer then, well, demand one.


Twitter's character limit doesn't leave much room for that. I just flat out asked why we have to send them back if they pose no threat. Not that I mean to be rude.

Mr. A, feel free to post a wall of text here as a response. We really hope for a satisfactory answer.


Yeah, I have a pretty good rant in my head for if that doesn't work but it's FAR too long for twitter.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 am
by Scarab
Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Be polite at first. If you don't get an answer then, well, demand one.


Twitter's character limit doesn't leave much room for that. I just flat out asked why we have to send them back if they pose no threat. Not that I mean to be rude.

Mr. A, feel free to post a wall of text here as a response. We really hope for a satisfactory answer.


Thing is, do we have any idea what to do if we DON'T get a satisfactory answer? I mean, I don't trust this Cabal very much, however justified their reasoning may (and I do stress, MAY) be...

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 pm
by Pixelmage
Scarab wrote:Thing is, do we have any idea what to do if we DON'T get a satisfactory answer? I mean, I don't trust this Cabal very much, however justified their reasoning may (and I do stress, MAY) be...


Well, while we wait... I was thinking.
:idea: The Cabal 4 fit the Woobie Archetype.
They talk about how awful it is to be stuck in their stories, yet, a protagonist such as Julliet wants nothing more than to go back. The ones that don't are the ones who go through hell on their stories. That could limit our possible character pool.

Re: Inviting the Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 pm
by WackyMeetsPractical
Pixelmage wrote:
Scarab wrote:Thing is, do we have any idea what to do if we DON'T get a satisfactory answer? I mean, I don't trust this Cabal very much, however justified their reasoning may (and I do stress, MAY) be...


Well, while we wait... I was thinking.
:idea: The Cabal 4 fit the Woobie Archetype.
They talk about how awful it is to be stuck in their stories, yet, a protagonist such as Julliet wants nothing more than to go back. The ones that don't are the ones who go through hell on their stories. That could limit our possible character pool.


Woobie implies that the audience sympathizes with them. I do not sympathize with these terrorists.
All their messages imply to me is that they want to be the writers of their own destiny. I don't see anything that suggests that their in story lives were awful, simply that they do not want to back to it, perhaps because this world is better, or because they have the opportunity to do something here they couldn't before, to make their own choices and not conform to the will of an artist. They speak of freedom, not escaping a horrible existence.