UnMasking The Cabal

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Wysp wrote:Has anyone asicde from Sicon and I possibly considered the thought that we might not want to discuss our trump cards against the Cabal in a place that the Cabal can read? ><


What trump card? And anyway where ELSE are we going to discuss it where all of us can see it?
Last edited by Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Wysp wrote:Has anyone asicde from Sicon and I possibly considered the thought that we might not want to discuss our trump cards against the Cabal in a place that the Cabal can read? ><


What trump cards? Scarab, quick, edit your post!
*looking around, whistling innocently.* Seriously, edit it quickly!
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Wysp wrote:Has anyone asicde from Sicon and I possibly considered the thought that we might not want to discuss our trump cards against the Cabal in a place that the Cabal can read? ><


What trump cards?


No fear! The cat is in the bag, Qara. ;)
Last edited by Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Scarab wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Wysp wrote:Has anyone asicde from Sicon and I possibly considered the thought that we might not want to discuss our trump cards against the Cabal in a place that the Cabal can read? ><


What trump cards? Scarab, quick, edit your post!


No fear! The cat is in the bag, Qara. ;)

It's still popping up in the post you quoted me in. Please?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:It's still popping up in the post you quoted me in. Please?


Edited, but now you have to edit YOUR post above.
Oh god, paranoia IS hard work.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Scarab wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:It's still popping up in the post you quoted me in. Please?


Edited, but now you have to edit YOUR post above.
Oh god, paranoia IS hard work.

Ack! It's still there! http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236&start=125#p19093 ...And now I don't know which post you mean I have to edit. Maybe I'll just edit them all, to be sure. :geek:
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Scarab wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:It's still popping up in the post you quoted me in. Please?


Edited, but now you have to edit YOUR post above.
Oh god, paranoia IS hard work.

Ack! It's still there! http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236&start=125#p19093 ...And now I don't know which post you mean I have to edit. Maybe I'll just edit them all, to be sure. :geek:


:roll: Alright fine, look, I edited it, and if it will REALLY make you feel better I'll go through my previous posts using search/replace but the word is EVERYWHERE so there's not much point. Really, dear, if they were going to find it they probably already have.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Scarab wrote: :roll: Alright fine, look, I edited it, and if it will REALLY make you feel better I'll go through my previous posts using search/replace but the word is EVERYWHERE so there's not much point. Really, dear, if they were going to find it they probably already have.


Um.... I think we're not on the same page about what I wanted to delete. There's no point in deleting their name in this thread; they'll see it anyway. But the idea I threw out there...
Or I can just cease this madness.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:03 pm

WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Greyscale on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:05 pm

I don't think the Cabal has time to read every post everywhere, and I don't think the GM's have the time to get the Cabal to react to every post everywhere. ;) I think you're okay.
Greyscale
 
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Greyscale wrote:I don't think the Cabal has time to read every post everywhere, and I don't think the GM's have the time to get the Cabal to react to every post everywhere. ;) I think you're okay.

Also, the rule to hiding things on the internet is to actually ADD MORE OF THE SAME!
When you overload a search term with loads and loads of similiar but not quite useful information, you make sure the load is too big for a person to actually keep up, meaning, if we talk about them A LOT, we'll effectively hide what we're talking from them. :geek:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Greyscale wrote:I don't think the Cabal has time to read every post everywhere, and I don't think the GM's have the time to get the Cabal to react to every post everywhere. ;) I think you're okay.

Also, the rule to hiding things on the internet is to actually ADD MORE OF THE SAME!
When you overload a search term with loads and loads of similiar but not quite useful information, you make sure the load is too big for a person to actually keep up, meaning, if we talk about them A LOT, we'll effectively hide what we're talking from them. :geek:


...Genius!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:
Greyscale wrote:I don't think the Cabal has time to read every post everywhere, and I don't think the GM's have the time to get the Cabal to react to every post everywhere. ;) I think you're okay.

Also, the rule to hiding things on the internet is to actually ADD MORE OF THE SAME!
When you overload a search term with loads and loads of similiar but not quite useful information, you make sure the load is too big for a person to actually keep up, meaning, if we talk about them A LOT, we'll effectively hide what we're talking from them. :geek:


...Genius!

Whaaaaat? :|
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby S_o_S on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Greyscale wrote:I don't think the Cabal has time to read every post everywhere, and I don't think the GM's have the time to get the Cabal to react to every post everywhere. ;) I think you're okay.

Also, the rule to hiding things on the internet is to actually ADD MORE OF THE SAME!
When you overload a search term with loads and loads of similiar but not quite useful information, you make sure the load is too big for a person to actually keep up, meaning, if we talk about them A LOT, we'll effectively hide what we're talking from them. :geek:


Literally hiding it in plain sight?

... Need I remind you that James Moriarty is a member of this group?
Not a distress call. Honest.
User avatar
S_o_S
 
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 pm

S_o_S wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:
Greyscale wrote:I don't think the Cabal has time to read every post everywhere, and I don't think the GM's have the time to get the Cabal to react to every post everywhere. ;) I think you're okay.

Also, the rule to hiding things on the internet is to actually ADD MORE OF THE SAME!
When you overload a search term with loads and loads of similiar but not quite useful information, you make sure the load is too big for a person to actually keep up, meaning, if we talk about them A LOT, we'll effectively hide what we're talking from them. :geek:


Literally hiding it in plain sight?

... Need I remind you that James Moriarty is a member of this group?

But he can't read all we type. Trust me or I will link you to PROOF!
If he spends the required time to gather intel, he won't have nearly enough time to actually plan! :twisted:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:35 pm

There are more than 18 thousand posts on this forum. Almost three thousand are from me alone. There is no way in hell even Moriarty will be able to read everything. I think I am one of the few people who actually HAS, and that's just cause I've been here since the forum launched.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Sicon112 wrote:There are more than 18 thousand posts on this forum. Almost three thousand are from me alone. There is no way in hell even Moriarty will be able to read everything. I think I am one of the few people who actually HAS, and that's just cause I've been here since the forum launched.

I'm working on it. I believe I'm about halfway through, and I've been here a week. So it's possible.
User avatar
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Tohrinha wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:There are more than 18 thousand posts on this forum. Almost three thousand are from me alone. There is no way in hell even Moriarty will be able to read everything. I think I am one of the few people who actually HAS, and that's just cause I've been here since the forum launched.

I'm working on it. I believe I'm about halfway through, and I've been here a week. So it's possible.


And are you actually getting much done aside from post reading? Could you actually manage to run an evil organization and plot against your enemies? It takes a damn long time. So basically, he can either not read everything and be dangerous, or be so busy reading our thousands of posts that he can no longer actually present a danger to us for the next few weeks, at which point we may be able to outmaneuver him.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Tohrinha wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:There are more than 18 thousand posts on this forum. Almost three thousand are from me alone. There is no way in hell even Moriarty will be able to read everything. I think I am one of the few people who actually HAS, and that's just cause I've been here since the forum launched.

I'm working on it. I believe I'm about halfway through, and I've been here a week. So it's possible.


And are you actually getting much done aside from post reading? Could you actually manage to run an evil organization and plot against your enemies? It takes a damn long time. So basically, he can either not read everything and be dangerous, or be so busy reading our thousands of posts that he can no longer actually present a danger to us for the next few weeks, at which point we may be able to outmaneuver him.

Unless he has reading this from before we started the forum. That way, he can have read all the posts.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Greyscale wrote:I don't think the Cabal has time to read every post everywhere, and I don't think the GM's have the time to get the Cabal to react to every post everywhere. ;) I think you're okay.

Also, the rule to hiding things on the internet is to actually ADD MORE OF THE SAME!
When you overload a search term with loads and loads of similiar but not quite useful information, you make sure the load is too big for a person to actually keep up, meaning, if we talk about them A LOT, we'll effectively hide what we're talking from them. :geek:


Greyscale-- CLEARLY you are not paranoid enough.
Pixel-- brilliant, as always.

Anyway, our secret weapon is obviously the dog. The dragon. The therapist. Jane Austen. Harry Potter. Batman. Superman (I saw Superman at the corner of a major intersection on my way home today, even though there was no costume- or superhero-related event going on. I thought about filming it and sending it to Joe, but figured that would be pointless). The cat. The letter. The voicemail. The 12-year-old. The 90-year-old. My rhetoric essay outline that I'm procrastinating on. Lunchtime. The question. The answer. 42. A sad individual who nevertheless does not make jokes in base 16. Bacon. Bacon Cake. Mrs Cake. Cake guy. I want cake now. Lime Man. Lime-bacon. Yogurt. Bacon-flavoured yogurt. The timeline. The In Vino Veritas Tvtropes page. XKCD. My soul. Your soul. Odysseus. Australia.

There, I think that should hide it nicely.

Edit: Well, darn.
Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Victin wrote:Unless he has reading this from before we started the forum. That way, he can have read all the posts.


How could he be reading BEFORE we started? Please tell me he hasn't invented a time machine...

Anyway, it still takes me a lot of time and constant watching to stay reasonably up to date around here. My point is that he probably doesn't have the time to get to what he needs to get done if he sticks around reading us all day. This means that the Cabal is going to delegate tasks; each member reads certain bits, but no one really gets the full picture and even together they don't have time to read everything.

However, if you guys insist, I'll just give you a solution...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Tohrinha wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:There are more than 18 thousand posts on this forum. Almost three thousand are from me alone. There is no way in hell even Moriarty will be able to read everything. I think I am one of the few people who actually HAS, and that's just cause I've been here since the forum launched.

I'm working on it. I believe I'm about halfway through, and I've been here a week. So it's possible.


And are you actually getting much done aside from post reading? Could you actually manage to run an evil organization and plot against your enemies? It takes a damn long time. So basically, he can either not read everything and be dangerous, or be so busy reading our thousands of posts that he can no longer actually present a danger to us for the next few weeks, at which point we may be able to outmaneuver him.

In his position, I would focus on the threads that apply most to my plans and delegate the rest, if possible. The section of the forum designated to the Cabal is definitely managable; he may or may not read the speculations on other POIs.
And he's been here since near the end of September. That gives him time to find the forum and read through those sections; afterwards, all he needs to do is skim updates.
EDIT: Hiss. A lot of these points have already been made. I'm writing posts too slowly.
User avatar
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Victin wrote:Unless he has reading this from before we started the forum. That way, he can have read all the posts.


How could he be reading BEFORE we started? Please tell me he hasn't invented a time machine...

Anyway, it still takes me a lot of time and constant watching to stay reasonably up to date around here. My point is that he probably doesn't have the time to get to what he needs to get done if he sticks around reading us all day. This means that the Cabal is going to delegate tasks; each member reads certain bits, but no one really gets the full picture and even together they don't have time to read everything.

However, if you guys insist, I'll just give you a solution...

So, um, solution . . . ? Or is this one of the plans where you don't tell anyone until it's complete?
User avatar
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Tohrinha wrote:So, um, solution . . . ? Or is this one of the plans where you don't tell anyone until it's complete?


What do you think? 8-)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Tohrinha wrote:So, um, solution . . . ? Or is this one of the plans where you don't tell anyone until it's complete?


What do you think? 8-)

It's a Sicon's Plan after all. You're already playing your part in it and you don't even know what you're supposed to do.

Expect a "Just. As. Planned." soon in the future. ;)
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron