UnMasking The Cabal

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: UnMasking The Cabal

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Wysp wrote:I...can't see an analysis of the characters on Cheshire's Twitter? Did I mess something?

Metaneko trolled the Cabal AWESOMELY and revealed their identity to us in the process.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Wysp wrote:I...can't see an analysis of the characters on Cheshire's Twitter? Did I mess something?

Metaneko trolled the Cabal AWESOMELY and revealed their identity to us in the process.

In a riddle me and Dryu solved.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 pm

It's in the pheeble archive "thecat"

(Look at the first letter of each sentence.)
JackAlsworth

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:04 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:

It's in the pheeble archive "thecat"

(Look at the first letter of each sentence.)

Each setence from the cat*
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Victin wrote:In a riddle me and Dryu solved.

I didn't solve it, stop giving me the credit, dammit, you're embarassing me. -_-"
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Dryunya wrote:

I didn't solve it, stop giving me the credit, dammit, you're embarassing me. -_-"

It is okay, Joe gave me credit for finding the attack chat in pheeble when I didn't. Anybody know how to get whole of Joe to let him know?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Zup wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

It is okay, Joe gave me credit for finding the attack chat in pheeble when I didn't. Anybody know how to get whole of Joe to let him know?

But he didn't gave credit to me. I feel envy. :evil:
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:33 pm

I think he hasn't seen it yet. If he knew that we have confirmed identities of the Cabal, I think he would squee his guts out.
...That Came Out Wrong.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Dryunya wrote:I think he hasn't seen it yet. If he knew that we have confirmed identities of the Cabal, I think he would squee his guts out.
...That Came Out Wrong.

He wrote that.
And I was only partially kidding xD
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:40 pm

He only wrote about the Phantom, and only as a speculation. Now we have a confirmation. That does not even compare (even though I still can't believe it, and Mr. A's confirmation is pretty vague).
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 am

Everyone, I have news. Sherlock has responded to a comment on his blog linking to the recordings on Lawson's answering machine and asking him if he recognized the voice.

It's Moriarty.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:59 am

Sicon112 wrote:Everyone, I have news. Sherlock has responded to a comment on his blog linking to the recordings on Lawson's answering machine and asking him if he recognized the voice.

It's Moriarty.

Well, we're screwed.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:33 am

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Everyone, I have news. Sherlock has responded to a comment on his blog linking to the recordings on Lawson's answering machine and asking him if he recognized the voice.

It's Moriarty.

Well, we're screwed.

Not quite. I posted on his latest article answering his warning by saying the hivemind could handle it. He agreed that we were really good at this, but he brought up the whole "Napoleon of Crime" thing and talked about how Moriarty had defeated huge groups of people before. Figured I would post my response here, for the amusement of anyone familiar with my posts in the first RPG thread. I think Sabrac is taking over my mind...

Sicon112 wrote:Indeed, but there isn’t much we can do about that, now is there? We can only go through life acting as best we can and striving for our goals. If that isn’t enough, then so be it.

However, my confidence is not unwarranted, I think. I would never be so relaxed about this if we didn’t have a trump card of our own, after all. Moriarty is playing a game far from his home turf, akin to Napoleon’s ill-fated invasion of Russia. He thinks he understands the rules here, but I think he will find out soon that changing worlds does not merely mean a change in scenery. And even if all that advantage is for naught, we can always call in our backup…
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 am

Sicon112 wrote:Not quite. I posted on his latest article answering his warning by saying the hivemind could handle it. He agreed that we were really good at this, but he brought up the whole "Napoleon of Crime" thing and talked about how Moriarty had defeated huge groups of people before. Figured I would post my response here, for the amusement of anyone familiar with my posts in the first RPG thread. I think Sabrac is taking over my mind...

Sicon112 wrote:
Indeed, but there isn’t much we can do about that, now is there? We can only go through life acting as best we can and striving for our goals. If that isn’t enough, then so be it.

However, my confidence is not unwarranted, I think. I would never be so relaxed about this if we didn’t have a trump card of our own, after all. Moriarty is playing a game far from his home turf, akin to Napoleon’s ill-fated invasion of Russia. He thinks he understands the rules here, but I think he will find out soon that changing worlds does not merely mean a change in scenery. And even if all that advantage is for naught, we can always call in our backup…

I hope you're right. Having the home ground is one of our few genuine advantages against this guy...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:07 am

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Not quite. I posted on his latest article answering his warning by saying the hivemind could handle it. He agreed that we were really good at this, but he brought up the whole "Napoleon of Crime" thing and talked about how Moriarty had defeated huge groups of people before. Figured I would post my response here, for the amusement of anyone familiar with my posts in the first RPG thread. I think Sabrac is taking over my mind...

Sicon112 wrote:
Indeed, but there isn’t much we can do about that, now is there? We can only go through life acting as best we can and striving for our goals. If that isn’t enough, then so be it.

I hope you're right. Having the home ground is one of our few genuine advantages against this guy...

It is indeed, but think for a moment about certain 'resources' at our disposal and I think you will see the "trump card" to which I refer. If you aren't sure, message me to confirm you are thinking what I am thinking.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
It is indeed, but think for a moment about certain 'resources' at our disposal and I think you will see the "trump card" to which I refer. If you aren't sure, message me to confirm you are thinking what I am thinking.

Have I told you that I absolutely hate it when people start doing this "I know but I won't tell you" crap?
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Guyshane wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

Have I told you that I absolutely hate it when people start doing this "I know but I won't tell you" crap?

He's talking about Mister A. An extremely powerful being who has multiple versions of himself spread out across the fourth wall? And even we aren't entirely sure just how powerful Mister A is or how far his abilities go, so if WE don't know, Moriarty can't very well trick us into saying (huh, maybe THAT'S why he's being so vague). He's impossible to predict.

That plus the fact that there are dozens of us and only four of the Cabal. No matter how skilled they are we have the processing power of all those people at our disposal.
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Scarab wrote:
Guyshane wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

He's talking about Mister A. An extremely powerful being who has multiple versions of himself spread out across the fourth wall? And even we aren't entirely sure just how powerful Mister A is or how far his abilities go, so if WE don't know, Moriarty can't very well trick us into saying (huh, maybe THAT'S why he's being so vague). He's impossible to predict.

That plus the fact that there are dozens of us and only four of the Cabal. No matter how skilled they are we have the processing power of all those people at our disposal.

For Mr.A to be an actual resource he has to be willing to actually act on his own. we have seen no evidence of this so far
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Guyshane wrote:For Mr.A to be an actual resource he has to be willing to actually act on his own. we have seen no evidence of this so far

Yes, that is a problem. But he's still a factor that can't be fully predicted... and there's still us.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Scarab wrote:
Guyshane wrote:For Mr.A to be an actual resource he has to be willing to actually act on his own. we have seen no evidence of this so far

Yes, that is a problem. But he's still a factor that can't be fully predicted... and there's still us.

Assuming Mr. A is telling the truth even only as far as his claim that he wants to send the fictionals back, means that he is the Cabal's enemy. If he needs to, he WILL act. Don't worry about that. Yes, he is suspicious, but I think that assuming that he does want the fictionals to go back correlates with his actions during the time we have been working with him. I'm not saying he doesn't have something planned on the side, but I'm pretty sure that we can make this basic assumption, for in-game and meta reasons.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Don't forget.

Yes I wrote their name. It's in the thread title, no point in trying to get away from it.
Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Don't forget the Cat.
Who might be on our side. And might not.
But either way, has already proved himself more than a match for You Know Who.
Yes I wrote their name. It's in the thread title, no point in trying to get away from it.

I'm all up for making things harder for them, but yeah not really much chance of them avoiding a title with their name in it. besides this is starting to feel a bit He Who Must Not Be Named to me :lol: I don't think speaking their names gives them power, just ATTRACTING their attention to their names in text.
Last edited by Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Scarab wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Don't forget.

I'm all up for making things harder for them, but yeah not really much chance of them avoiding a title with their name in it. besides this is starting to feel a bit He Who Must Not Be Named to me :lol: I don't think speaking their names gives them power, just ATTRACTING their attention to their names in text.

Nah, I'm just worried they're doing searches for their name, which means any mention of their name outside their forum (which we can assume they'll trawl anyway) IS attracting their attention.
totally not paranoid
Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Wysp on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Has anyone asicde from Sicon and I possibly considered the thought that we might not want to discuss our trump cards against the Cabal in a place that the Cabal can read? ><
Wysp

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Wysp wrote:Has anyone asicde from Sicon and I possibly considered the thought that we might not want to discuss our trump cards against the Cabal in a place that the Cabal can read? ><

I don't talk about the plans... So... Do I count?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal