New group chat

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

New group chat

Postby Zup on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Hey guys, Hercule commented on his blog (in the comments on his latest post) this link. The mystery thickens. It certainly seems like Angelus and Pyramus might be good guys swayed by Oberon. And where's Steinitz?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Re: New group chat

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Steinitz was there. He started the conversation, at the top.

And I agree, Angelus seems like a well-intentioned extremist. Pyramus, too, but he's more compromised.
And Steinitz seems to be the mastermind behind this whole thing. Which makes sense, since we're so sure he's Moriarty.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Before you guys ask. I'm iterating the other blog's names on the Pheeble chatroom. No success so far.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dekso on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I wonder who the 'acquaintance' is, another fictional from the same story as Angelus, or just a completely random person?
Dekso

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Dekso wrote:I wonder who the 'acquaintance' is, another fictional from the same story as Angelus, or just a completely random person?

Likely a person. Another fictional would be in the chat with them.
Pixelmage

Postby Zup on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:40 pm

You guys notice that the chat seems to start in the middle of a conversation. Where's the beginning?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Does it pick up from intro6?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Considering that it's an archived session, they may be chatting in some main room, and packing up whatever they thought would be relevant. Why they'd leave it around is a mystery, though. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Dryunya wrote:Considering that it's an archived session, they may be chatting in some main room, and packing up whatever they thought would be relevant. Why they'd leave it around is a mystery, though. :gurt:

This. These logs are left intentionally. Unless we can access the main chatroom or the master log, we'll only read fragments they allow us to read.

With this one, they're just confiming what we know about the notebook development.
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 pm

There must be some way to access an active chat. How, I'm not sure.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Wysp on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:54 pm

What I want to know is how did Hercule find this?

P.S. Pyramus is likely the one who left the message about her appearance...if that's the case, it rules Romeo out.
Last edited by Wysp on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wysp

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:55 pm

NeverSlender wrote:There must be some way to access an active chat. How, I'm not sure.

For meta reasons, I don't think there is. Live chat is... undesirable, it can get out of hand quickly.

Wysp wrote:What I want to know is how did Hercule find this?

Me too. Finding a chatroom is not quite what I'd expect from a detective who didn't know what computer is 2 months ago. :?
Last edited by Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Dryunya wrote:For meta reasons, I don't think there is. Live chat is... undesirable, it can get out of hand quickly.

Well they have to be chatting somewhere.

The site they use annoys me. It's so basic, it HAS to have another use. I mean how do they even upload archives? And why is the registered name Ph Ee Ble?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:58 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Dryunya wrote:For meta reasons, I don't think there is. Live chat is... undesirable, it can get out of hand quickly.

I mean that there probably won't be any realtime interaction with the puppetmasters. Just too unpredictable.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 pm

One more detail:
Pyramus wrote:She is a very lovely woman. I am sure that we could simply explain our situation to her and it would all be fine. She could walk away.

I think Pyramus was the one who left the "sculpted" message.
Last edited by Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dryunya

Postby Wysp on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I commented on that above, yeah.

If he's the same person, then that rules Romeo out. There's no way that that throaty French adult voice was an Italian teenager.
Wysp

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Another thought. They were following the therapist, and they could have gotten her blog address through us... or some other source, which can be the same as Mr. A's. I think we should ask him where he got her address from.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Could the cabal be the people following Sweeney and leaving him messages?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

NeverSlender wrote:

The site they use annoys me. It's so basic, it HAS to have another use. I mean how do they even upload archives? And why is the registered name Ph Ee Ble?

Direct pages. As in pheeble.net/activechat.php (won't work, by the way) as opposed to just pheeble.net to the default.php, that is the archive.

HOW Angelus gave that info to the others is the key. I mean, it's probably a handwave with no trail to follow, but without a trail, the only option to know is real hacking.
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Could the cabal be the people following Sweeney and leaving him messages?

I'm absolutely sure they are. Why shouldn't they be? :|

Pixelmage wrote:HOW Angelus gave that info to the others is the key. I mean, it's probably a handwave with no trail to follow, but without a trail, the only option to know is real hacking.

I've been tempted to try, but hacking isn't really an option (it's an unconditional Game Breaker).
Last edited by Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:14 pm

It just seems strange. You'd think they'd be more direct if they thought they could recruit him.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Dryunya wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:Could the cabal be the people following Sweeney and leaving him messages?

I'm absolutely sure they are. Why shouldn't they be? :|

They only seem hands on to the point of sending messages. Perhaps they have lackeys to do the actually following?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Well, if that's what you meant... It's entirely possible, and would make our task a lot harder. But they weren't mentioned so far, and I hope it will stay this way. :?
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:46 pm

I've tried a significant amount of varying archive codes, but so far not a lot of luck. I'll discount the blogs then and look for character named archives.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I've tried a significant amount of varying archive codes, but so far not a lot of luck. I'll discount the blogs then and look for character named archives.

We have no access to the Log's metadata (computer terms metadata). So there's no way to know when they create the chatlogs... My guess is that they enable the archives right before allowing us to reach it... So, there was no westwitch when I tried earlier, but now that Holmes found that letter, there could be a westwitch log (didn't retest it yet - no change, westwitch invalid). If so, trying to bruteforce a archive password won't work at all.
Pixelmage

Next

Return to The Cabal