New group chat

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: New group chat

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:21 pm

I meant in the chat "announcement"-- they claimed [something] meant we could all find them (I commented before seeing speculation that it was in reference to hacking the site a couple weeks back-- damn out of sequence).
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 am

So...why do you guys think they all want to stay so badly?
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:03 am

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:So...why do you guys think they all want to stay so badly?

There could be threats to their lives in their own story, or they think our world and its technology provides greater opportunities.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:06 am

Out-of-game? Because plot needs conflict, and they're the best source of conflict to throw at us.
In-game? There are opportunities for each of them. The Phantom-- he's in a fresh setting where people don't necessarily assume he's evil just because he's disfigured; here, unlike in his work of fiction, he hasn't completely ruined his life.
Don Juan-- I'm not so familiar with his story, but if nothing else, then the real world offers a whole new range of women for him to seduce-- why give up on that?
Morgana-- She was also universally hated in her source material, so it's probably a nice change. Plus she and Moriarty are the closest thing to Always Chaotic Evil; so long as it doesn't interfere with their other motives, I'm sure they're happy to keep the wall open and possibly endangering ALL OF REALITY.
But these reasons are weak, so either there's something more to all of their motives, or my first (out-of-game) answer is the real one.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 am

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:So...why do you guys think they all want to stay so badly?

Well, if you got superpowers, would you want to let go off them for the sake of a lot of people you don't care about?

In a sense, they got freedom from their narratives, meaning they can choose their path now. I'm pretty sure I'd be strongly aganist coming back here if I went to a fictional setting where I could blow stuff up with magic.

The perspective is different, but the feelings are the same.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 pm

What the other guys said, basically. And honestly, some of them have pretty good reasons. I mean, Frankenstein's Monster? I can totally see why he wouldn't want to go back, it's hard enough being accepted here. Morgana Le Fay's story leads her to doom.

Sweeney Todd I'm not sure of. he's a risk wherever he goes but the fact is here, in modern day America, he has the potential for psychiatric treatment that his original canon denied which culd mean fewer victims, fictional or real (lets assume that we're dealing with soembody who's world is actually 'real' even though to us it's considered fictional.)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Previous

Return to The Cabal