New group chat

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: New group chat

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
EdwardTheAwesome wrote:This might just be their chat client. These chats don't make it seem like they wanted those particular chats be found, honestly.

If so, how do they access the active chatroom? I brougth this up a few times already, but, as long as we don't understand how Angelus allowed the others to find and talk to him, we can't actually expect that this is really their main hub. Especially because all we can access are named logs.

A chatroom would not have segments from the chat log saved as names acording to the theme without manual imput, therefore, the information we access must be deliberate. Otherwise it makes no sense.


I hope we're not just being led on a wild goose chase here. If they DID want us to see those specific chat threads...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: New group chat

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
The Finch wrote:Can we please call them the Kabals?


Why exactly? If that's a reference, I don't get it...


There's a "K" for a reason...
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: New group chat

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

If we weren't meant to find the logs then what is there purpose?
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: New group chat

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:
EdwardTheAwesome wrote:This might just be their chat client. These chats don't make it seem like they wanted those particular chats be found, honestly.

If so, how do they access the active chatroom? I brougth this up a few times already, but, as long as we don't understand how Angelus allowed the others to find and talk to him, we can't actually expect that this is really their main hub. Especially because all we can access are named logs.

A chatroom would not have segments from the chat log saved as names acording to the theme without manual imput, therefore, the information we access must be deliberate. Otherwise it makes no sense.


I hope we're not just being led on a wild goose chase here. If they DID want us to see those specific chat threads...


They seemed to want us to see some of them. I believe we are looking at them in an order which they do not want us to use, but they did want people to see these eventually. Such as when they get people loyal to them...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: New group chat

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

The Finch wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
The Finch wrote:Can we please call them the Kabals?


Why exactly? If that's a reference, I don't get it...


There's a "K" for a reason...


Huh?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: New group chat

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Think.

I named them the "Kabals." I've even said that the "K" is pretty big.

I'll give you a hint: Video Games.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: New group chat

Postby Tohrinha on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
The Finch wrote:
There's a "K" for a reason...


Huh?

To Mortal Kombat, maybe?
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Kabal
User avatar
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: New group chat

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Tohrinha wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
The Finch wrote:
There's a "K" for a reason...


Huh?

To Mortal Kombat, maybe?
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Kabal


YES! THERE WE GO!

THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER!
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: New group chat

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Yay we know what it means!

No.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: New group chat

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:51 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Yay we know what it means!

No.


YES...

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT...
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: New group chat

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Yea... no. Kabals is a purposeful misspelling to look "cool", and the fact that it is also plural is nonsense.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: New group chat

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Yea... no. Kabals is a purposeful misspelling to look "cool", and the fact that it is also plural is nonsense.


Well, sorry! I just thought it would be an interesting idea.

Fine. Try the Kabal.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: New group chat

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 pm

The Finch wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Yea... no. Kabals is a purposeful misspelling to look "cool", and the fact that it is also plural is nonsense.


Well, sorry! I just thought it would be an interesting idea.

Fine. Try the Kabal.


No, because they are a cabal.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: New group chat

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

The Finch wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Yea... no. Kabals is a purposeful misspelling to look "cool", and the fact that it is also plural is nonsense.


Well, sorry! I just thought it would be an interesting idea.

Fine. Try the Kabal.

Still no.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: New group chat

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

YOU KNOW WHAT?!?

I'm fine with that. I'll (personally) call them the Kabal, after Mortal Kombat.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: New group chat

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:03 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:All of them are on the timeline.


Not quite what I meant. Now they're just get lost in the timeline. Perhaps in the Useful Links thread?


It's easier to find stuff now that it's sorted by date, but that's a good idea anyway. Working on it now.


No, a list is easier. We need them altogether in one place. I don't want to have to go hunting all through the timeline, searching for the codewords among all the other things we put there. There's going to be too many of them and they'll be too spread apart if we sort them by date.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: New group chat

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:No, a list is easier. We need them altogether in one place. I don't want to have to go hunting all through the timeline, searching for the codewords among all the other things we put there. There's going to be too many of them and they'll be too spread apart if we sort them by date.


Wacky is right. Save the transcripts on the Shards page/Another page, link to the transcripts from the timeline.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: New group chat

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:No, a list is easier. We need them altogether in one place. I don't want to have to go hunting all through the timeline, searching for the codewords among all the other things we put there. There's going to be too many of them and they'll be too spread apart if we sort them by date.


Wacky is right. Save the transcripts on the Shards page/Another page, link to the transcripts from the timeline.


I'd recommend a page like TheWall/Pheeble (or /PheebleArchives). I'd do it, but I have classwork that I really need to get done, and I have somewhere to go at 5.
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: New group chat

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Last cat's riddle for the day:
http://pheeble.twwf.info/?announcement
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: New group chat

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Last cat's riddle for the day:
http://pheeble.twwf.info/?announcement


Just O and S today?

I wonder what's coming...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: New group chat

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Is everybody hitting on Oberon? :/
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: New group chat

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Is everybody hitting on Oberon? :/

That tends to happen when there's only one girl in the group... Also means she can command them like dogs if she wants to. *remembering my teenage years* Oh how I was naive back then.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: New group chat

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Sounds like she doesn't mind it this time, though...ew.
User avatar
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin
 
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: New group chat

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:10 pm

So... supposedly we can all find them now?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: New group chat

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:So... supposedly we can all find them now?

I assume that means through the Echoes?
User avatar
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin
 
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Cabal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron