"Preparation"

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

"Preparation"

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Using the code "preparation" gives us this chat.

Angelus wrote:I think I know enough about theatre to know that makeup isn’t only for women.

Angelus is totally the Phantom.
JackAlsworth

Re: "Preparation"

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 pm

I think that Angelus is the Phantom.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Angelus knows about 'theatre'? Starting to sound like he could be the Phantom now.

Edit: Beaten to it. :p
Dekso

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Something about Angelus and makeup. Does that make Angelus the woman? Though considering the context...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm

And... they're putting up posters? Either one or more of them ARE working on the witch's campaign, or this is something we should be even more worried about.

(Also: We should probably take this as confirmation that A is Erik)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:And... they're putting up posters? Either one or more of them ARE working on the witch's campaign, or this is something we should be even more worried about.

Holditholditholditholdit...

We never had confirmation who did the original design.

They WANT the Witch to win. If she wins, she stays. She said so several times.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:31 pm

That's twice now that one of them meant to put something in a different chat.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:31 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:And... they're putting up posters? Either one or more of them ARE working on the witch's campaign, or this is something we should be even more worried about.

But why do they want the witch here? Wouldn't she be dangerous, since she is trying to fundamentally change everything? What would it gain them...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:Holditholditholditholdit...

I think it's the other way around: if she stays, she has to win. Still, a valid point.

Sicon112 wrote:But why do they want the witch here? Wouldn't she be dangerous, since she is trying to fundamentally change everything? What would it gain them...

Oberon insisted that Sweeney should stay too, even though the others seemed to disagree. It's important to him for some reason.
Last edited by Dryunya on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I think that Angelus is the Phantom.

makes sense because the first time Christine sees the Phantom she thinks he is " the angel of music"
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Dryunya wrote:I think it's the other way around: if she stays, she has to win. Still, a valid point.

They mentioned that they don't want any single character to go back, so if having her win means she stays they'll want her to win.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:

But why do they want the witch here? Wouldn't she be dangerous, since she is trying to fundamentally change everything? What would it gain them...

I think their dogma is that ALL fictionals must stay at any cost (Oberon, mainly)... If the witch does not win, she'll try to go back. Therefore, oppose them.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Sicon112 wrote:But why do they want the witch here? Wouldn't she be dangerous, since she is trying to fundamentally change everything? What would it gain them...

No, that's not the point. They want fictional characters to stay in reality. If she decides to stay, they have a new potential ally against Mr. A.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:

Oh lord, they're doing a better job than we are. :x Perhaps I should start asking the witch exactly where her posters came from?

JackAlsworth wrote:No, that's not the point. They want fictional characters to stay in reality. If she decides to stay, they have a new potential ally against Mr. A.

...Depends. Ultimately she's never going to fit in in this world, the odds of her winning are at this point extremely remote. Going home is her best option.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Just confirmed: The last modification of the page was approximately when the #riddletime went up. However, it seems like it was a little bit AFTER the start of the riddle. Strange... Since we wouldn't have been able to solve the riddle without the page, it must have been created sometime before.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm

They did say that they DIDN'T send the pictures...so maybe they sent the letter that Holmes found? That it was from all four, not just one of them?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 pm

This chat makes me feel a little bit sorry for Pyramus.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Scarab wrote:...Depends. Ultimately she's never going to fit in in this world, the odds of her winning are at this point extremely remote. Going home is her best option.

If there is at least one true dedicated Manipulative Bastard with a lot of time on her side... I'd say she has a chance.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm

NeverSlender wrote:This chat makes me feel a little bit sorry for Pyramus.

He seems quite the ButtMonkey, doesn't he?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Dryunya wrote:
Scarab wrote:...Depends. Ultimately she's never going to fit in in this world, the odds of her winning are at this point extremely remote. Going home is her best option.

If there is at least one true dedicated Manipulative Bastard with a lot of time on her side... I'd say she has a chance.

...Well. I get the feeling we should do something here.God knows what.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Wait... Oberon said they wouldn't need images... They might be talking about something else then. Or some different posters.
Not really informative, is it. :(
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Dryunya wrote:Wait... Oberon said they wouldn't need images... They might be talking about something else then. Or some different posters.

All depends on what they're pictures OF, and what exactly the TEXT is. How are we supposed to work that out before they've made an actual move?
Scarab

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Wait... Oberon said they wouldn't need images... They might be talking about something else then. Or some different posters.

All depends on what they're pictures OF, and what exactly the TEXT is. How are we supposed to work that out before they've made an actual move?

I'm fairly sure we want to prevent them from making a move
Guyshane

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Guyshane wrote:
Scarab wrote:

I'm fairly sure we want to prevent them from making a move

That would be ideal, but how can we do it?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

NeverSlender wrote:That would be ideal, but how can we do it?

Let me review the chat and I'll get back to you with any ideas I have

Right after looking again I have a vague guess. They're planning something big and dramatic. a shock and awe tactic to show off they're power (we're gonna operate under the assumption that they might have some in that case) or make it look like they have power
Guyshane

Next

Return to The Cabal