Cabal Discussion

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Re: Cabal Discussion

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:But. Morgan said they will stand with whoever faces off with Cthulhu. And since A's already painted it as a Suicide Mission, a horrified part of me can't help imagining them betraying us at absolutely the worst time, letting that Metaguard die. I would just LOVE to be proved wrong on this-- it's just that it's my best theory on how to give us the incentive to refic them again.

Meta: A far easier option would be having the Metaguard about to die, then the Cabal save him/her and die in his/her place. Then maybe we will refic the corpses, as Mr. A has said that that's possible.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 am

narrativedilettante wrote:Then maybe we will refic the corpses, as Mr. A has said that that's possible.[/size]

It would be MUCH easier, from a "narratively compelling" standpoint, to write about a living person. (Well, at least for Morgan. I suppose I can imagine a good posthumous Erik story. But Morgan, definitely, would be difficult to write well dead.)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Blurred_9L on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:But. Morgan said they will stand with whoever faces off with Cthulhu. And since A's already painted it as a Suicide Mission, a horrified part of me can't help imagining them betraying us at absolutely the worst time, letting that Metaguard die. I would just LOVE to be proved wrong on this-- it's just that it's my best theory on how to give us the incentive to refic them again.

Call me naive if you'd like, but after what just happened I don't think they would do that. What would be the point of that, anyway? They're supposedly going to be battling against Cthulhu in the crack, right? They're risking their lives too, after all.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby BlackWolfe on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 am

Removed the meta part to comment on the non-meta part.
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:But. Morgan said they will stand with whoever faces off with Cthulhu. And since A's already painted it as a Suicide Mission, a horrified part of me can't help imagining them betraying us at absolutely the worst time, letting that Metaguard die.

That would be, in the words of one of the greatest scientists ever to be written by his own actor, "extraordinarily bad". You-Know-What breaking through the wall is an apocalyptic scenario, one the Cabal would not survive either, at least for long.

Oh damn I should have recruited the Boys in Grey for the You-Know-What combat fic!
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Previous

Return to The Cabal