Cabal Discussion

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Cabal Discussion

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:08 am

As per Jack's mod ruling on the "UnMasking" thread, that thread shat henceforth be locked and this new, all-purpose discussion thread shall be opened.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Cabal Discussion

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:32 am

<__<
>__>
First.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:19 am

Dryunya wrote:<__<
>__>
First.

...*Facepalm*

Jesus, does that count as derailing? Did you actually just derail thethread at the FIRST post?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 am

Technically, it was second. Please don't hurt me.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:29 am

Dryunya wrote:Technically, it was second. Please don't hurt me.

We will discuss this later. >.>

Taking things rapidly back on topic - Yay we know who they all are now! Go us. Now what have they done with Cinderella and how do we get her back?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby S_o_S on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:43 am

Not to mention - why have they taken her? Just to prevent her from going back, or do they have other plans for her? Perhaps insurance, or a bargaining chip?
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 am

4 things:

Morgana cursed her with a black magic spell, and turned her into a demon or an ugly women.

Don Juan raped her, the bloody stupid playboy.

Moriarty is taking her hostage or psychologically torturing her or trying to get some info out of her.

The Phantom ripped off his mask and raged at her.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby S_o_S on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 am

Mr. A says she's in no danger, so I doubt that to be honest. But they must need her for something../
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 am

Why did they take her? Maybe they think she's a llama. Or a llama. Or another little llama. A duck. In the refrigerator. Falling off the edge of the world. She can destroy them. She can destroy us. Destroy the world. Spin. Around and around and around. I had a dream last night that took place in the forums. That was strange. Convince her to join them. Throw rocks. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Or glass slippers. Maybe she's a lizard. Maybe we're all lizards. Giant hungry lizards. Eat the Cabal. They're lizards, too. Maybe they're all spambots. Maybe she's a spambot. She's the one who's been spamming the forum. That's why they want her. Now she's on a horse.

...That should throw them off the trail.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:51 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Why did they take her? Maybe they think she's a llama. Or a llama. Or another little llama. A duck. In the refrigerator. Falling off the edge of the world. She can destroy them. She can destroy us. Destroy the world. Spin. Around and around and around. I had a dream last night that took place in the forums. That was strange. Convince her to join them. Throw rocks. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Or glass slippers. Maybe she's a lizard. Maybe we're all lizards. Giant hungry lizards. Eat the Cabal. They're lizards, too. Maybe they're all spambots. Maybe she's a spambot. She's the one who's been spamming the forum. That's why they want her. Now she's on a horse.

...That should throw them off the trail.

I think youre taking this a little ar hun.

In short, I think she's insurance. Perhaps a mole at a later date, yes, but I think the main reason for taking her was to prevent US from getting to her. And also possibly just to mess with us... I mean they literally stole her out from under the nose of SHERLOCK FRIGGIN HOLMES.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 am

...So you understood what I said. :D
Besides, why stop when it's fun AND functional?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:56 am

Scarab wrote:I think youre taking this a little ar hun.

In short, I think she's insurance. Perhaps a mole at a later date, yes, but I think the main reason for taking her was to prevent US from getting to her. And also possibly just to mess with us... I mean they literally stole her out from under the nose of SHERLOCK FRIGGIN HOLMES.

That to me suggests it was Moriarty's idea and probably his strategy to seize Cinderella. Seems like the sort of thing he would do to mess with Holmes, but it just bothers me. Perhaps they really do have an ulterior motive in seizing her.
S_o_S

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 am

I'm guessing they're trying to get info out of her. Or manipulate her and use her as a pawn. Or a hostage.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby YankeeWhite on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:32 am

I think Cinderella was sent home, back across the wall, back into her storyworld. I'm working off the assumption that the apartment Holmes found with the "complex amalgamation of mathematical calculations and postulations" were from Moriarty.
Moriarty either intentionally developed a way to send fictionals back, or stumbled upon this answer when trying to develop a way to stay here PERMANENTLY. If he discovered a way to send back fictionals this is dangerous because now he can send Holmes, Poirot or any other fictional that stands in his way back across the 4th wall. It also gives him an understanding of the process involved so he can reverse-engineer a solution to stay in our world forever.
Cinderella was a test subject, and if I'm right, the results were a success.
YankeeWhite

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 am

YankeeWhite wrote:I think Cinderella was sent home, back across the wall, back into her storyworld. I'm working off the assumption that the apartment Holmes found with the "complex amalgamation of mathematical calculations and postulations" were from Moriarty.
Moriarty either intentionally developed a way to send fictionals back, or stumbled upon this answer when trying to develop a way to stay here PERMANENTLY. If he discovered a way to send back fictionals this is dangerous because now he can send Holmes, Poirot or any other fictional that stands in his way back across the 4th wall. It also gives him an understanding of the process involved so he can reverse-engineer a solution to stay in our world forever.

Whoa... NOW THAT is a good theory. Could be also what the Cabal are planning.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
YankeeWhite wrote:I think Cinderella was sent home, back across the wall, back into her storyworld. I'm working off the assumption that the apartment Holmes found with the "complex amalgamation of mathematical calculations and postulations" were from Moriarty.

Whoa... NOW THAT is a good theory. Could be also what the Cabal are planning.

...Well, that's just FANTASTIC, isn't it. :x
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 am

That's a good theory. It explains both the disappearance of Cinderella and the fact that the Cabal didn't try to outright murder dangerous characters - maybe they can't be sent back if dead, and the Cabal may be aware that their presence is leading to the collapse of the realities, which is not healthy for them, too.
...However, it contradicts their conversation: Angelus proposed to send Sweeney back because he could get them in trouble, and Oberon has refused - she wanted everyone to stay. That may be Hand Waved if we apply your theory only to Moriarty, which would mean that the Cabal members have different plans.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:17 am

Except Moriarty and Morgana are thick as thieves. Why would he send people back if she's dead set against it?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:19 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Except Moriarty and Morgana are thick as thieves. Why would he send people back if she's dead set against it?

Not arguing for one side or the other here for now, but remember who these people are. They ALWAYS will have their own agendas...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Except Moriarty and Morgana are thick as thieves. Why would he send people back if she's dead set against it?

Not arguing for one side or the other here for now, but remember who these people are. They ALWAYS will have their own agendas...

Yes. But what I meant more was that the two of them seemed really on the same page. It may have been Oberon who first opposed letting anyone go back, but while A and P were reluctant to agree, Moriarty's motives seem to coincide much closer with hers. If she doesn't want anyone going back, there's a good chance he doesn't, either.
...Though at this point I'm making assumptions, which are always dangerous things to make.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:29 am

Cinderella being sent back was the first thing I suggested, but no one seemed to agree. Also, I don't think it makes sense, given the Cabal's attitude towards sending fictionals home. I think it's possible that someone else, not Cabal-related, got involved with this. Or it might have been an experiment on their part: Something they weren't sure would do anything, but they needed to know, so they did it to a person they thought they could afford to lose.

And maybe they didn't send her back, but rather, to the level of reality above this one? :shock:
(I don't think they really did that)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 am

narrativedilettante wrote:And maybe they didn't send her back, but rather, to the level of reality above this one? :shock:

Cinderella is now chilling with Administrator Prime. "WE TOLD YOU ALREADY, WE ARE NOT YOUR FAIRY GODMOTHER. WE ARE NOT ANYONE'S FAIRY GODMOTHER. NOW PLEASE LEAVE. WE HAVE INSTANTIATIONS TO MANAGE."

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:32 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

Yes. But what I meant more was that the two of them seemed really on the same page. It may have been Oberon who first opposed letting anyone go back, but while A and P were reluctant to agree, Moriarty's motives seem to coincide much closer with hers. If she doesn't want anyone going back, there's a good chance he doesn't, either.
...Though at this point I'm making assumptions, which are always dangerous things to make.

You make a good point, But I agree with Sicon on this. Lefey and Moriarty are two evil overlords... No way in hell they're all honest with each other, at most they agreed on objectives... And if Moriarty's research required for a test subject to be sent back, it wouldn't be Lefey to stop him from getting his test subject. For SCIENCE!
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:32 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:And maybe they didn't send her back, but rather, to the level of reality above this one? :shock:

Cinderella is now chilling with Administrator Prime. "WE TOLD YOU ALREADY, WE ARE NOT YOUR FAIRY GODMOTHER. WE ARE NOT ANYONE'S FAIRY GODMOTHER. NOW PLEASE LEAVE. WE HAVE INSTANTIATIONS TO MANAGE."

OOOOOOOH, so that's how Mr. A knows she isn't in ay danger. He just doesn't want to tell us because it would be embarrassing.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:42 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:

OOOOOOOH, so that's how Mr. A knows she isn't in ay danger. He just doesn't want to tell us because it would be embarrassing.

Psst, who's willing to bet Mister A has a crush on CInderella? I'm taking bets here, people!
Scarab

Next

Return to The Cabal