Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Well, that was quite an event

To recap: Oberon (Morgan LeFay) showed up in player chat, much to Mr. A's consternation. She gave the same line the Cabal has been giving so far (Mr. A hasn't proven anything, etc.), and then gave another, competing theory: the characters themselves aren't harming our world, but the pieces of the wall are. She believes that the pieces that came through were left in the echo spots where Mr. A's face appears. Which means a new sidequest has appeared - track down those echoes (again) and find more letters left to Mr. A by his agents, so we can potentially find the pieces and hopefully find a way to restore the wall.

Of course, we don't know if her theories are any more valid than Mr. A's.
Transcript (fluff cut out, condensed, but otherwise UNEDITED)
Full Chat here

*** Oberon entered the chat room.
Oberon
Hello.
You have been wanting to speak with us.
We oblige.

Scarab
Hello Morgana

Oberon
Just Morgan, thank you.

Victin
How are you?

Oberon
I am well, thank you.

Lordxana
Hello there. Any chance you are willing to be sent back peacefully and you came here to tell us the best way to send you back?

Oberon
I don't think you will send me back in my story the way I would like to be sent back.
I want to kill my brother, rule his kingdom with an iron fist, and live in happiness with James until the day I die.
Can you give me that?
Make it canon?

narrativedilettante
We can do that.

Oberon
Because I don't believe that is really something that will be approved.

Scarab
It... WOULD invovle rewriting huge portions of british history

Adell
Not a very happy ending for the rest of that kingdom is it?

Scarab
But our history kinda sucks anyway to be honest

Oberon
It is a complicated situation, as you can see.
What I would like to stress, however, is that I honestly do not believe that we need to go back.

Adell
There are moral complications as well guys

Oberon
Give me a moment and I can tell you why.

Scarab
Okay

IslaKariese
Will the others be joining you here?

Oberon
No, it will just be me.

Victin
Do they know about it?

Oberon
They know about it, yes.

Victin

How did the cat know?

Oberon
How does the cat know anything?
Anyway.

Lordxana
Everyone let her talk. I want to know if we can let people stay

Oberon
Mr. Administrator, the tyrant, has no proof that reality is collapsing.

JackAlsworth
We've heard.

Oberon
He has provided no evidence, despite many attempts to do so.
And yet you believe all of his theories are credible.

ningyou
Evidence *is* everything.

Oberon
He calls them all theories for a reason.

Scarab
In fairness, Morgan, we have seen evidence that at least the echoes AFFECT our world. Granted, that doesn't confirm that you're doing HARM though...

Oberon
The only evidence seems to be our presence and the echoes.
Neither of which indicate harm to the universe.
I would like to finish.

I will absolutely discuss afterward.

Our presence and the echoes indicate disturbance, yes, but not destruction.
And I do believe that weirder and worse disturbances have happened as results of experiments before.
Bikini Atolls.
Manhattan Project.
Et cetera.
This indicates, however, that there is no evidence of our destructive capabilities.
Therefore the burden of proof falls on Mr. Administrator
and he cannot prove it.
However.
The biggest disturbance we have seen this far - the one Mr. Administrator himself was most alarmed by - was the presence of Mr. Administrator's image in a handful of the echoes.
This, to me, says that it is not the CHARACTERS
but the PIECES OF THE WALL
which are a threat to reality.
We do not pretend to have purely altruistic intentions, no.
We would like to stay.
However, it seems that the most possible harm would come from leaving the wall open.
Medusa and Anansi are not the worst that could try to come through forcefully.
There are those who could overpower the various Metaguards you have all so thoughtfully created.
And I am certain none of you want that.
We - as you are, and as you should be - are afraid of what happens by leaving the wall open like it is.
The sooner it is closed, the sooner reality can become stable, without threat from monsters like...well, Cthulhu, to start.
We know where the wall pieces were.
We know that they have been moved.
We also know Layar is used to pass notes from Agents to Mr. Administrator.
We think this is more pressing than sending characters back, yes.
The longer we wait to seal the wall, the bigger the chance of Cthulhu entering.

Scarab
if the true threat lies in these pieces... why MUST the characters be sent back? What's The administrator's motive?

Oberon
We are not sure what his motives are.

IslaKariese
Are you speaking of Cthulhu specifically, or is he just a representation of things that could be worse than you?

Oberon
Cthulhu is a specific threat, however, there are other horrible monsters in fiction, are there not?

Lordxana
Thousands

Oberon
I have been perusing your fantasy and science fiction novels.
White Walkers or some such sound pretty awful.
Humans are easy to deal with.
Monsters that are larger than the world are not.

Lordxana
We would need a show of faith from you if we are going to help.

Oberon
You do not think this is a show of faith?

RotavatoR
Have we not dealt with medusa and anansi, neither of which are humans?

Oberon
Medusa was not a god, she was punished by one.
Anansi is a god who falls prey to his own tricks.

Lordxana
So how do we help?

Oberon
The wall pieces are wrapped in fiction, says Mr. Administrator.
We can guess, from where we found the first wall piece, that this means they are surrounded by fiction in some sense.
We found the last one in a theatre.

Pixelmage
You want us to collect the pieces and seal the wall without sending you to the other side.

Oberon
We want the wall sealed quickly, yes.

RotavatoR
Are they found in locations that are the setting of fiction, or locations that allow fiction to be shown to people, like the theater?

Oberon
My guess is the second.
So rather than going to ancient Wales, you go to a bookstore.
Much easier.
Though I do miss Wales.


Victin

Holmes was close to one piece?

Oberon
Yes, he was.

WackyMeetsPractical
Do you not feel bad for the things you have done, Morgan?
Such as threatening Joe with letters?

Oberon
I have done what I needed to do to survive.
I personally.

Scarab
...how exactly have we done worse than trying to usurp a kingdom?

Oberon
You have lied to and manipulated all of the characters.
We have done nothing but tell them the truth.

RotavatoR
Do you see lies as a worse crime than murder?

Oberon
I have not murdered since I have been in this world.
You broke into her phone. We threatened her legally - by calling the phone.
I cannot verify if someone within my group has murdered.
If they have, I will be...extremely disappointed in them.

Scarab
YOU did what you did to threaten her
WE did what we did to HELP her

Oberon
We will allow the characters who want to leave, to leave.
We will not stand in the way if that is what they wish to do.
However, you lied to the witch when you were attempting to gain her trust.
You tried to emotionally manipulate children.
And succeeded to an extent.
You lied to Long John's face and told him you would help him.
When in fact, you want to tear him from the man he has come to trust.
I think you are doing what you do to save yourselves, which I understand.
You want to save your world.
I am giving you that chance right now.

IslaKariese
You wish to save yourself as well

Oberon
I have stated that I want to save myself many times, I believe.
I believe we all share that goal.
The result just looks different.
If you go back to the locations where the Wall Pieces once were
I would bet anything that an agent left a note for Mr. Administrator
to say where it had been moved.

IslaKariese
Your nature is that of a villain. How do we know your staying would benefit us both? So far, you're the only one winning

Oberon
Have I been more or less villainous here than in my stories, Isla Kariese?

Lordxana
A lot less

Oberon
I believe we all have the potential to change.
You have seen it in other fictionals.

Scarab
...Can't argue with that. We've SEEN some of you changing.

Oberon
...thank you.
You are correct.

Lordxana

I say welcome to our world Morgan. I don't think anyone has had the pleasure to say that to you yet.

Oberon
No one has said that.

Victin

Indeed. Miss, do you know Sicon?

Oberon
We have never met, no.
But I have read his posts.

Adell
really?

Oberon
As I have read many others.
they're quite long
Yeah, many of these posts could be more laconic in nature.
It's a lot to read every day.
Not just him, actually.

Scarab
You realize, Morgan, that if you are wrong, if sealing the wall with you on this side really WILL destroy our world... thenthat will doom us all?

Oberon
If the Wall is sealed, I assume it would be able to break again if it was absolutely necessary.
That is merely the assumption I am working on, though.

VicariousShaner-Cabal
Oberon, what in this world would be able to break the wall?

Oberon
I have absolutely no idea.

Adell
Did you cross over willingly?
or accidentally?

Oberon
It was an accident.

Adell
What about the other members?
did any of them show up willingly?

Oberon
Not to my knowledge, Adell, no.
I do not know what would happen to me if reality collapsed. I assume the same as would happen to the rest of you.

WackyMeetsPractical
You also threatened an innocent therapist...Will you remedy that?


Oberon

We are working on something we believe may benefit her, Wacky.
Will you help us collect the wall pieces?

SOHCAHTOA
we need a representative. the conversation will be better if there's only one person talking to Morgana

Oberon
I am available here only for a short time.

VicariousShaner-Cabal
Oberon, what can we do immediately that will help your cause?

Oberon
Investigate the areas where the wall pieces were.
We believe there were notes left through Layar for Mr. Administrator, indicating where they have been moved.

Lordxana
Any idea where the wall pieces might have been?

Oberon
Yes.
Where Mr. Administrator's images appear in the comics.
So going back to where you found the echoes.
Essentially.

VicariousShaner-Cabal
And Oberon, what is your plan to deal with those who fight against you, and side with the Administrator?

Oberon
To "deal" with them?
We hope that we won't have to deal with anyone.

Scarab
...But in the event that you do?

Oberon
Then by that point, one or more of us will have been sent back.
And we will have to figure out how to move forward.

Pixelmage
Morgan - Assume we'll be willing to help you. for a Moment.
first thing, we need a way to contact with each other.
We need a way to communicate between the two groups as necessary.
Is it possible for the Cabal to open a blog?

Oberon
I will figure something out for communication purposes.

RotavatoR
Thank you, that is much appreciated. What are you thinking about exactly?

Oberon
I am not sure yet.

VicariousShaner-Cabal
Oberon: Have you had any contact with any fictionals outside of the Cabal?

Oberon
Yes we have.

VicariousShaner-Cabal

Who, may I ask?

Oberon
Adam, Romeo, Don Quixote, all of them.
We have attempted contact, at least.
I cannot stay.

IslaKariese
Why did you detain Peter? He clearly wanted to return

Oberon
He was going to kill himself.
Running into a hurricane...
I did not want to find out what happened to a fictional if they died.
Can I get your assurance that you will aid us in finding these wall pieces?

RotavatoR
You cannot get that assurance. Not yet. We need to discuss this.

Pixelmage
Very well. Are you open to discuss certain conditions in exchange for our help?

Oberon
We are open to discussion.
I must leave.
Thank you.

Scarab
Morgan, please understand... we are in a very serious no win situation here. What we need is ANSWERS. From Mister Administrator. from the Cabal.

Oberon
He will not give you any answers.
We cannot give you many more.
We can each only offer theories.
You are going to need to choose whose theories make more sense, I suppose.
Goodbye.

*** Oberon left the chat room.
[/spoilers]
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Can someone get a log for those who could not be there?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby Adell on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

This thread will be, obviously, very opinion based.

WE ARE TO RESPECT EACH MEMBER'S INDIVIDUAL VIEWS ON THIS MATTER.

Understood? Good.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

There we questions answered and questions raised. The first is this: Do we trust her?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 pm

IslaKariese wrote:There we questions answered and questions raised. The first is this: Do we trust her?

I think we have as much reason to trust her as we have reason to trust cAke. Neither have given us any proof whatsoever for their theories...
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:45 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:There we questions answered and questions raised. The first is this: Do we trust her?

I think we have as much reason to trust her as we have reason to trust cAke. Neither have given us any proof whatsoever...

Exactly. We'll be able to analyze the chat. Then we can see clearly which questions she answered and which she didn't.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby ningyou on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I think she played us all like a fine violin in there. But her theories may bear further investigation. She did raise a good point: Mr. A hasn't exactly proven that the presence of fictionals in our world is unraveling reality.
User avatar
ningyou
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm

She's given us a mission: Go back to the spots where the echoes with Mr. A's face appeared and search for letters revealing the new locations of the wall pieces.

I say we do it. I mean, I know they're bad guys, but they're still PMs. It's an assignment. If we don't do it, we risk stalling the plot. And really, we've only been asked to search for notes. It's not like we've been asked to find the wall pieces themselves, and it's not like we'd be hurting anyone in the process. I don't know, I think we should at least get one or two. Just to see what happens. Maybe nothing comes from it at all. But I don't think we should just leave those letters to just stay there.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:00 pm

The truth is a fickle thing, here. We don't know. Mr A doesn't know, but for all her bravado, Morgan doesn't know either. It is up to us who's theories to follow.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 pm

ningyou wrote:She did raise a good point: Mr. A hasn't exactly proven that the presence of fictionals in our world is unraveling reality.

We kind of already came to that conclusion >.< He's just dodging every question about that.

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:She's given us a mission: Go back to the spots where the echoes with Mr. A's face appeared and search for letters revealing the new locations of the wall pieces.

What I'm curious about is why cAke was pointing out that the echo-locations (hehe) have his face on it, while that is apparently what the Cabal are after.

Also, I think we can safely say that we can add unexpected gameplay change to the trope page, amirite?
Last edited by RotavatoR on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm

She wants us to seal the wall with the Cabal still here. As has been discussed elsewhere, this is potentially dangerous. If we discover after the fact that the fictionals' presence here destabilizes reality, what can we do?

Her response was that we could break the wall again. However, no one knows how the wall was broken in the first place. If we are going to let Morgan et al. stay here, we must learn how the wall was broken first, so that we can be prepared to do so again.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Also, I think we can safely say that we can add unexpected gameplay change to the trope page, amirite?

Wrong thread for that, but yes.

Breaking the wall again is just like I said in chat: like breaking a bone. It's already weaker from the first break, but doing so again will only weaken it further. The wall's never broken like this before - we don't know if fixing it will bring it back into pristine condition or be the same as a bone.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:She wants us to seal the wall with the Cabal still here. As has been discussed elsewhere, this is potentially dangerous. If we discover after the fact that the fictionals' presence here destabilizes reality, what can we do?


Don't get me wrong. I don't think we should abandon Mr. A's mission to return the fictionals. I'm actually suggesting we do both simultaneously. I don't know if that sounds counterproductive, but I don't think it could hurt.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:12 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Don't get me wrong. I don't think we should abandon Mr. A's mission to return the fictionals. I'm actually suggesting we do both simultaneously. I don't know if that sounds counterproductive, but I don't think it could hurt.

I said this to Adell in PM, but I'll repeat here: We need to put time into refictionalizing, not retracing our steps. It was hard enough taking them in the first place. We don't have the manpower to do both.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: Morgan's Chat Session

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:24 pm

...Oh holy crud, I need a cup of tea so bad right now.

I feel the need to point out a few things which I assume others have already made by the time this post finally goes up, but here you go anyway:

First) She made very good points about Mister A not giving us direct answers, and that he probably won't in the future. She rightly hit many nerves with regards to our moral quandry, and with regards to our own behaviour. She is also right that we have no PROOF that the world is at threat if they stay.

Second) However, she can provide no more proof than Mister A can... A point she just freely admitted to in chat. Of course, I think it's a little unfair to ask the Cabal, who do not have the metaversal resources that Mister A does, to prove that a theory about the End of the World is wrong. Nobody can do that (except possibly the witch). Morgan does not believe Mister A would give us straight answers, but she accepts that our actions are a result of our cocnern for our world's existence. She COULD just be telling us what we want to hear... but that doesn't stop her being right.

Of course, she also accused us of doing as bad as they have... which is inaccurate I think, noty just in terms of wrongness severity, as intent needs to be taken into account. We have not threatened people and while yes, we did do a few amoral, even illegal, things (illegal =/= amoral, guys, they're not always the same thing. Joan Lawson? We were trying to protect her. They? were threatening her. I udnerstand their fear but there is NO justification for that), we did it to HELP people who we thought were in trouble.

Third) In the event that she is wrong, and that sealing the wall with them here will destroy the world IS damaging? Then it will be too late to stop it. Essentially we still have exactly the same problem many of us felt we had before Morgan came to us in chat.

Fourth) The Chatroom was a REALLY BAD PLACE to decide to do this, very confusing, but also quite refreshingly direct, so bit of a double edged sword there.

My opinion right now? Mister A needs to provide us with absolute proof that what is happening will destroy the world, and he may not be able to do that. If he can then I really really WISH he would do so, and very soon. It would make this easier.

So basically, this all comes down to who do we trust: the mysterious, vague employer who dodges questions and acts... well vague and mysterious. Or The Cabal, comprised of the witch who tried to overthrow Camelot, The man who kidnapped his love interest and threatened her partner's life to make her stay with him, a flirtatious womanizer who is now in love, and James Moriarty; people who have all threatened and lied and gotten people killed? Logic gives us no clear answers.

But I'm not logical... My gut wants to give everyone a chance. I WANT to believe Morgan. I just don't want the fate of the world to come down to my desires. In short I am stuck as hell right now, guys.

One more question, that may be unrelated. This is something I just thought of while chatting to Adell. In the comic shard Moriarty is pictured holding a piece of the wall, right? Holmes couldn't even get NEAR it without feeling sick. How is Moriarty holding it? Maybe it's just a proximity field of some kind? The ficiton SURROUNDING it makes you sick, but the piece itself is harmless, but... I don't know.

Morgan's right, we DO write too much.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby VicariousShaner on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Sorry about the kind of dirty Chat log, I've cleaned it up a bit now.

CHAT LOG:

*** Oberon entered the chat room.

Oberon: Hello.

Oberon
You have been wanting to speak with us.



Oberon: We oblige.

Scarab [nano]: Hello Morgana

Oberon
Just Morgan, thank you.


Lordxana: Hello there. Any chance you are willing to be sent back peacefully and you came here to tell us the best way to send you back?

Oberon: I don't think you will send me back in my story the way I would like to be sent back.

Victin: How are you?


Oberon: I am well, thank you.

narrativedilettante: Tell us how you would like to be sent back.

Oberon: I do not think you can send me back the way I wish to be sent back.

Oberon: I want to kill my brother, rule his kingdom with an iron fist, and live in happiness with James until the day I die.

Oberon: Can you give me that?

Oberon: Make it canon?


Oberon: Because I don't believe that is really something that will be approved.

Pixelmage: Just so everyone knows: Oberon is legitimate. Mr. A has confirmed it.

Scarab: It... WOULD invovle rewriting huge portions of british history

Adell: Not a very happy ending for the rest of that kingdom is it?

Scarab: But our history kinda sucks anyway to be honest

Oberon: It is a complicated situation, as you can see.

Oberon: What I would like to stress, however, is that I honestly do not believe that we need to go back.

Oberon: Give me a moment and I can tell you why.

IslaKariese: Will the others be joining you here?

Oberon: No, it will just be me.

Victin: Do they know about it?

Oberon: They know about it, yes.

Victin: How did the cat know?

Oberon:How does the cat know anything?

Oberon: Anyway.


Oberon: Mr. Administrator, the tyrant, has no proof that reality is collapsing.

Oberon: He has provided no evidence, despite many attempts to do so.

[b]Oberon: And yet you believe all of his theories are credible.


Oberon: He calls them all theories for a reason.

Oberon: The only evidence seems to be our presence and the echoes.[/b]

Oberon: Neither of which indicate harm to the universe.

(Lots of chat talking stuff)

Oberon: I would like to finish.

[b]Oberon: I will absolutely discuss afterward.

Oberon: Our presence and the echoes indicate disturbance, yes, but not destruction.

Oberon: And I do believe that weirder and worse disturbances have happened as results of experiments before.

Oberon:Bikini Atolls.

Oberon:Manhattan Project.

Oberon: Et cetera.


Oberon: This indicates, however, that there is no evidence of our destructive capabilities.

Oberon: Therefore the burden of proof falls on Mr. Administrator

Oberon: and he cannot prove it.

Oberon: However.

Oberon: The biggest disturbance we have seen this far - the one Mr. Administrator himself was most alarmed by - was the presence of Mr. Administrator's image in a handful of the echoes.

Oberon: This, to me, says that it is not the CHARACTERS

Oberon: but the PIECES OF THE WALL

Oberon:which are a threat to reality.


RotavatoR: is that why you have collected one?

Adell:This is YOUR theory, then

Oberon:We do not pretend to have purely altruistic intentions, no.

Oberon: We would like to stay.

Oberon: However, it seems that the most possible harm would come from leaving the wall open.

Oberon: Medusa and Anansi are not the worst that could try to come through forcefully.

Oberon:There are those who could overpower the various Metaguards you have all so thoughtfully created.

Oberon: And I am certain none of you want that.

Oberon: We - as you are, and as you should be - are afraid of what happens by leaving the wall open like it is.

Oberon:The sooner it is closed, the sooner reality can become stable, without threat from monsters like...well, Cthulhu, to start.

Oberon:We know where the wall pieces were.

Oberon:We know that they have been moved.

Oberon: We also know Layar is used to pass notes from Agents to Mr. Administrator.

Oberon:We think this is more pressing than sending characters back, yes.

Oberon:The longer we wait to seal the wall, the bigger the chance of Cthulhu entering.


(Someone asks about Mr.A)

Oberon: We are not sure what his motives are.

Victin [shut]: His = Mr. A?

Oberon: yes

WackyMeetsPractical: Morgan, is it?

Oberon: Morgan, yes.

Chatter: Are you speaking of Cthulhu specifically, or is he just a representation of things that could be worse than you?

Oberon: Cthulhu is a specific threat, however, there are other horrible monsters in fiction, are there not?

Oberon: I have been perusing your fantasy and science fiction novels.


Scarab:Yes, and many of them are quite, quite human

Oberon:White Walkers or some such sound pretty awful.

Oberon:Humans are easy to deal with.

Oberon:Monsters that are larger than the world are not.


Lordxana
We would need a show of faith from you if we are going to help.

Oberon: You do not think this is a show of faith?

Oberon: Medusa was not a god, she was punished by one.


Scarab: Yes, we do.

Oberon: Anansi is a god who falls prey to his own tricks.

Lordxana: So how do we help?

Oberon: The wall pieces are wrapped in fiction, says Mr. Administrator.

Oberon: We can guess, from where we found the first wall piece, that this means they are surrounded by fiction in some sense.

Oberon: We found the last one in a theatre.

Oberon: We want the wall sealed quickly, yes.


RotavatoR: Are they found in locations that are the setting of fiction, or locations that allow fiction to be shown to people, like the theater?

Oberon:My guess is the second.

Oberon:rather than going to ancient Wales, you go to a bookstore.

Oberon:Much easier.

Oberon:Though I do miss Wales.


Victin [shut]:Holmes was close to one piece?

Oberon:Yes, he was.

WackyMeetsPractical: Do you not feel bad for the things you have done, Morgan?

WackyMeetsPractical: Such as threatening Joe with letters?

Adell: What of Moriarty

Adell: He killed people in the process of this whole thing

(Around this point Mr.A tweets "THIS IS UNNECCEPTABLE")

Oberon:I have done what I needed to do to survive.

Scarab:Agreed with Wacky, we did not get off to the best start

Oberon:I believe you have all done worse than I have.

Oberon:I personally.


Scarab ...how exactly have we done worse than trying to usurp a kingdom?

Oberon: You have lied to and manipulated all of the characters.

Oberon: We have done nothing but tell them the truth.


RotavatoR: Do you see lies as a worse crime than murder?

Oberon: I have not murdered since I have been in this world.

Oberon:You broke into her phone. We threatened her legally - by calling the phone.

Oberon: I cannot verify if someone within my group has murdered.

Oberon: If they have, I will be...extremely disappointed in them.

Oberon: We will allow the characters who want to leave, to leave.

Oberon: We will not stand in the way if that is what they wish to do.

Oberon: However, you lied to the witch when you were attempting to gain her trust.

Oberon: You tried to emotionally manipulate children.

Oberon: And succeeded to an extent.

Oberon: You lied to Long John's face and told him you would help him.

Oberon: When in fact, you want to tear him from the man he has come to trust.

Oberon: I think you are doing what you do to save yourselves, which I understand.

Oberon: You want to save your world.

Oberon: I am giving you that chance right now.

Oberon: I have stated that I want to save myself many times, I believe.

Oberon: I believe we all share that goal.

Oberon: The result just looks different.

Oberon: If you go back to the locations where the Wall Pieces once were

Oberon: I would bet anything that an agent left a note for Mr. Administrator

Oberon: to say where it had been moved.


IslaKariese: Your nature is that of a villain. How do we know your staying would benefit us both? So far, you're the only one winning

Oberon: Have I been more or less villainous here than in my stories, Isla Kariese?

Lordxana: A lot less

Oberon: I believe we all have the potential to change.

Oberon: You have seen it in other fictionals.


Chatter: I say welcome to our world Morgan. I don't think anyone has had the pleasure to say that to you yet.

Oberon: ...thank you.

Oberon: You are correct.

Oberon: No one has said that.


Victin [shut]: Indeed. Miss, do you know Sicon?

Oberon: We have never met, no.

Oberon: But I have read his posts.

Adell: really?

Oberon: As I have read many others.

Adell: they're quite long

Oberon: Yeah, many of these posts could be more laconic in nature.

Oberon: It's a lot to read every day.

Oberon: Not just him, actually.

Oberon: If the Wall is sealed, I assume it would be able to break again if it was absolutely necessary.

Oberon: That is merely the assumption I am working on, though.


VicariousShaner-Cabal: Oberon, what in this world would be able to break the wall?

Oberon: I have absolutely no idea.

Chatter: Did you cross over willingly or accidentally?

Oberon: It was an accident.

Oberon: I do not know what would happen to me if reality collapsed. I assume the same as would happen to the rest of you.


WackyMeetsPractical
You also threatened an innocent therapist...Will you remedy that?

Oberon: We are working on something we believe may benefit her, Wacky.

Oberon: Will you help us collect the wall pieces?

Oberon: I am available here only for a short time.


VicariousShaner-Cabal: Oberon, what can we do immediately that will help your cause?

Oberon: Investigate the areas where the wall pieces were.

Oberon: We believe there were notes left through Layar for Mr. Administrator, indicating where they have been moved.


Lordxana
Any idea where the wall pieces might have been?

Oberon: Yes.

Oberon: Where Mr. Administrator's images appear in the comics.

Oberon: So going back to where you found the echoes.


VicariousShaner-Cabal: And Oberon, what is your plan to deal with those who fight against you, and side with the Administrator?

Oberon: Essentially.

Oberon: To "deal" with them?

Oberon: We hope that we won't have to deal with anyone.


Scarab: ...But in the event that you do?

Oberon:Then by that point, one or more of us will have been sent back.

Oberon: And we will have to figure out how to move forward.


Pixelmage: We need a way to communicate between the two groups as necessary.

Oberon: I will figure something out for communication purposes.

RotavatoR: Thank you, that is much appreciated. What are you thinking about exactly?

Oberon: I am not sure yet.

VicariousShaner-Cabal: Oberon, Have you had any contact with any fictionals outside of the Cabal?

Oberon: Yes we have.

VicariousShaner-Cabal: Who, may I ask?

Oberon: Adam, Romeo, Don Quixote, all of them.

Oberon: We have attempted contact, at least.


Oberon: I cannot stay.

IslaKariese: Why did you detain Peter? He clearly wanted to return

Oberon: Can I get your assurance that you will aid us in finding these wall pieces?

Oberon: He was going to kill himself.

Oberon:Running into a hurricane...

Oberon: I did not want to find out what happened to a fictional if they died.

Chatter: Very well. Are you open to discuss certain conditions in exchange for our help?

Oberon: We are open to discussion.

Oberon: I must leave.


VicariousShaner-Cabal: You have my oath, Oberon.

Oberon: Thank you.

(Not sure what post she was referring to)

Oberon:He will not give you any answers.

Victin [shut]:Morgan, what do you know about the cat? Unless he's some kind of hacker, he is infiltrated into Pheeble. He knew atbout this and all of your chats up to now.

Oberon
We cannot give you many more.

Oberon
We can each only offer theories.

Oberon
You are going to need to choose whose theories make more sense, I suppose.

Oberon
Goodbye.

*** Oberon left the chat room.
Last edited by VicariousShaner on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
VicariousShaner
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:47 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Don't get me wrong. I don't think we should abandon Mr. A's mission to return the fictionals. I'm actually suggesting we do both simultaneously. I don't know if that sounds counterproductive, but I don't think it could hurt.

I said this to Adell in PM, but I'll repeat here: We need to put time into refictionalizing, not retracing our steps. It was hard enough taking them in the first place. We don't have the manpower to do both.


I hear you, and it's a very good point, and here's my solution. The Romeo and Juliet echoes. We still need to get their second one, and we know the first one has Mr. A's face. This seems like a very good 'two birds, one stone' situation. If we can get one metaguard down there, they can pick up the letter and the echo. I'm assuming they're relatively close. Therefore we get one step closer to sending the fictionals back home, while simultaneously having a letter with potential information we could use. Everyone wins.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:03 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Don't get me wrong. I don't think we should abandon Mr. A's mission to return the fictionals. I'm actually suggesting we do both simultaneously. I don't know if that sounds counterproductive, but I don't think it could hurt.

I said this to Adell in PM, but I'll repeat here: We need to put time into refictionalizing, not retracing our steps. It was hard enough taking them in the first place. We don't have the manpower to do both.


I hear you, and it's a very good point, and here's my solution. The Romeo and Juliet echoes. We still need to get their second one, and we know the first one has Mr. A's face. This seems like a very good 'two birds, one stone' situation. If we can get one metaguard down there, they can pick up the letter and the echo. I'm assuming they're relatively close. Therefore we get one step closer to sending the fictionals back home, while simultaneously having a letter with potential information we could use. Everyone wins.


Also, Zup had little trouble getting to the one at Kings Cross, he could probably go there again.
Unfortunately I don't think my uncle is going to want to head back to the theater. We may need to rely on batman for that one.

We have enough people that I think people can work on different tasks.
User avatar
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:29 pm

BLOODY HELL.

First of all, I'd like to voice my complaint that the timing of this chat so happened that NO ONE who is firmly against the Cabal (me, Sicon, Dryu, for example) was online at the time. (If that's not the case, I apologize-- but reading the log, it certainly seems that way. There were a LOT of constructive things I would have put to her, had I been on, that were not voiced.)

Second-- I am DEAD AGAINST taking up her sidequest (not like I could do anything about it, either way). But not only is it a waste of our resources to retrace our steps, it is DANGEROUS. Mr. A moved the wall pieces for a reason, and even if you're tentatively sympathizing with the Cabal, Morgan made no bones about the fact that they have their own agenda. If we learn the Wall piece locations, so do they, and frankly, I don't want to risk it.

Third-- a smaller point. She said they're "working on something" to benefit Joan. I wouldn't trust them to benefit a dead rat. Keep your eyes on Lawson's twitter and blog, folks, and stay ready to warn her of incoming danger.

Fourth-- how DARE she accuse me of lying to Silver (and I know she meant me with that allusion, since I'm currently the one working with him). I'm playing HIS GAME, which also happens to be HER GAME; and, moreover, I fully intend to give him exactly what I KNOW he wants.

Last-- Adell at least got us a useful piece of information. There was a LOT more I'd have said to her about the monstrous things she and hers have done in our world, but now at least we've got a weapon. If what she says is true, not only does she not KNOW about Moriarty's murders, but she'd prefer NOT to.

Well, they want to drive a wedge in us. But fortunately, the feeling's mutual; I'm feeling like driving a wedge in THEM.
Morgan, I'm sure you'll be reading this. Know this, then: Your precious James has murdered at least two men since entering our world, and we are gathering evidence on the matter. Enjoy the knowledge.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Pretty sure this wasn't deliberately timed for anything, Qara. If I was running an event like this I'd want the most anti-cabal people to be there... so the cabal could talk them down =P
User avatar
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Pretty sure this wasn't deliberately timed for anything, Qara. If I was running an event like this I'd want the most anti-cabal people to be there... so the cabal could talk them down =P


I know. It's just... really annoying. I wish I'd been there, to see how she'd have addressed more of my arguments. As it is, I'm just hoping they'll make another appearance when I'm around.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:First of all, I'd like to voice my complaint that the timing of this chat so happened that NO ONE who is firmly against the Cabal (me, Sicon, Dryu, for example) was online at the time. (If that's not the case, I apologize-- but reading the log, it certainly seems that way. There were a LOT of constructive things I would have put to her, had I been on, that were not voiced.)

Honestly, overall,I think using the chat, while rather narratively effective and shocking, may not have been the wisest of all possible methods. It immediately meant anybody who didn't use the chat and missed the twitter would be left out. Still I guess it's done now, nothing we can do about it.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Second-- I am DEAD AGAINST taking up her sidequest (not like I could do anything about it, either way). But not only is it a waste of our resources to retrace our steps, it is DANGEROUS. Mr. A moved the wall pieces for a reason, and even if you're tentatively sympathizing with the Cabal, Morgan made no bones about the fact that they have their own agenda. If we learn the Wall piece locations, so do they, and frankly, I don't want to risk it.

The Game at this point seems to require we find these pieces... could we possibly just need to play the game in this respect? I don't know myself, it's a lot more IRL stuff for us to find when we're already struggling with finding what we have. I would also feel really frustrated with taking actions against Mister A without having ANY proof as to who is lying. I think I need to accept we're not going to GET that proof.

I know conflict breeds good drama and everything but... I don't know if this is going to be helpful

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Third-- a smaller point. She said they're "working on something" to benefit Joan. I wouldn't trust them to benefit a dead rat. Keep your eyes on Lawson's twitter and blog, folks, and stay ready to warn her of incoming danger.

Again, agreed. Though I'm looking out for Joan anyway.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Fourth-- how DARE she accuse me of lying to Silver (and I know she meant me with that allusion, since I'm currently the one working with him). I'm playing HIS GAME, which also happens to be HER GAME; and, moreover, I fully intend to give him exactly what I KNOW he wants.

Morgana's entire point about us doing 'as bad as them' was flawed. I'm not saying we're saints or that we haven't done wrong things, or been wrong from time to time in this game. Of course we have. But for a start she assumed that us doing soemthing illegal but good spirited (hacking the phone) was worse than her doing something malicious but technically legal (threatening over the phone). For a start legal =/= morally right. I'm also not sure there ISN'T laws against intimidation like that, and for another everything we did we did to HELP people like Joan. I'm not saying the end justifies the means, but in no WAY were our intentions or actions as bad as theirs.

Also we haven't killed anybody. Didn't Moriarty aget someone killed?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby JRPictures on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Pretty sure this wasn't deliberately timed for anything, Qara. If I was running an event like this I'd want the most anti-cabal people to be there... so the cabal could talk them down =P


I know. It's just... really annoying. I wish I'd been there, to see how she'd have addressed more of my arguments. As it is, I'm just hoping they'll make another appearance when I'm around.

Same here. I miss out on all the fun as soon as I go to sleep.

But it's pretty interesting to see Morgana's thoughts on the matter and what she had to say.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Scarab wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Second-- I am DEAD AGAINST taking up her sidequest (not like I could do anything about it, either way). But not only is it a waste of our resources to retrace our steps, it is DANGEROUS. Mr. A moved the wall pieces for a reason, and even if you're tentatively sympathizing with the Cabal, Morgan made no bones about the fact that they have their own agenda. If we learn the Wall piece locations, so do they, and frankly, I don't want to risk it.

The Game at this point seems to require we find these pieces... could we possibly just need to play the game in this respect? I don't know myself, more for us to find and I feel really frustrated with taking actions against Mister A without having ANY proof as to who is lying and I think I eed to accept we're not going to GET that proof.

Actually... the Game allows for us to find these pieces. It's a possibility. It's also a viable option for us to totally ignore them. And I really don't want to see Game Over when the Cabal follows our results to the remaining wall pieces, steals them, seals the wall, and explodes us all.

But, again, I can't actually stop anyone from publicizing the results anyway, so this is just me weighing in.

Scarab wrote:Also we haven't killed anybody. Didn't Moriarty aget someone killed?


:twisted: Yes. Yes he did. Two people, in fact. And I intend to make sure that Morgana learns of that.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Morgan's Chat Session Discussion

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Pretty sure this wasn't deliberately timed for anything, Qara. If I was running an event like this I'd want the most anti-cabal people to be there... so the cabal could talk them down =P


I know. It's just... really annoying. I wish I'd been there, to see how she'd have addressed more of my arguments. As it is, I'm just hoping they'll make another appearance when I'm around.


She did say they would give us a method to communicate with them.

I also think whats important to note here is that they made concessions. She said she wouldn't stop characters who wanted to go back from going back. That's pretty significant.

I donno, Qara. I can't help but feel you may be trying a bit hard to project Black and White morality onto Grey on Grey stuff.
User avatar
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Next

Return to The Cabal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron