Discussion of E-mails to and from the Cabal

"If you leave us in peace, we will do you no harm. If you wish to join us, we will set a chair at our table and work to our mutual benefit. If you work against us, we will have no choice but to retaliate."

[RIP Morgan, Erik, and Juan 26 Dec 2012]
[Moriarty refictionalized 16 Dec 2012]

Discussion of E-mails to and from the Cabal

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 am

Exactly What It Says On The Tin, folks, just as Ed asked.

Have fun.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Discussion of E-mails to and from the Cabal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 am

[Edit: sorry about that, Ed. I got confused. Moving it back to the other thread.]

Well, here's one thing we learn from Morgan's email to me: We're probably going to get personal replies. If only because I wasn't on during her chat, but Morgan knew enough to know that I'm a lady-- even if she was bluffing about being impressed by my posts (such obvious flattery doesn't sway me that much), she wants to make it look like this is individualized, which is all the more impressive when you consider I'd started out by sending her A's form letter.

So... I'm eager to see what different replies different people get.
Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 am

Qara, the emails themselves belong in the other thread. Discussion of them belongs here.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby JRPictures on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

Mr. Administrator wrote:THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE AN ADMINISTRATOR ON THESE FORUMS WHEN THE CHANCE WAS THERE. WE WOULD HAVE SILENCED THE CLOYING OF THE CABAL, INSTEAD OF FALLING PREY TO IT.

WE REQUEST THAT YOU ONLY USE THAT EMAIL TO TELL THEM THEY ARE VERMIN, AND THAT THEY WILL BE PUSHED BEYOND THE WALL. THEY CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO STAY. DO NOT FORGET THAT YOUR REALITY IS POTENTIALLY AT STAKE HERE. THEY WILL PLEAD AND THEY WILL PRY, BUT NOTHING IS WORTH THAT PRICE.

WE HAVE SENT THIS EMAIL. FEEL FREE TO USE IT AS A TEMPLATE:

DEAR MS. FEY,

WE HATE YOU. YOU ARE THE WORST. YOUR VILE DECISIONS SHALL BE PUNISHED. YOUR WICKEDNESS WILL BE MET WITH JUSTICE. YOUR CHOICES WILL RETURN TO HAUNT YOU. YOUR GOLDFISH WILL DIE FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

WE HATE YOU. WE HATE YOU. WE HATE YOU.

*reads it*

Pfff hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow Mr. A you go insult Morgana like that. It'll totally work.

As for the email address business, it's definitely gonna break the base now. But we could manipulate the messages we get and send to her to our advantage granted we use the right wording.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:47 am

So... um... Has anyone else emailed her/ gotten a response? Or have I inadvertently become to Morgan what Scarab is to the witch?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:02 am

I plan to, but I'm awaiting approval.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:08 am

Um. I'm not sure if it's a great idea to tell her OR A that we plan to play the field. I mean YES, we're a tram first and they know it, but... it's sort of like I was trying to explain to A yesterday. People don't generally react well to "Hi, I'm thinking of manipulating you and potentially selling you out. But until then, we could be allies!"

...That's just my two cents. Of course, I emailed Morgan telling her exactly where I stand with my first letter, if only because, assuming they read the forums, there was no way I could hide it.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 am

Yeah, they already know, so I'm probably going to send it. Besides, I'm still trying to be neutral. I honestly am amused by both sides. Thanks, Qara.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm sorry, I got here late, but it just has to be said:

Mr. Administrator wrote:
DEAR MS. FEY,

WE HATE YOU. YOU ARE THE WORST. YOUR VILE DECISIONS SHALL BE PUNISHED. YOUR WICKEDNESS WILL BE MET WITH JUSTICE. YOUR CHOICES WILL RETURN TO HAUNT YOU. YOUR GOLDFISH WILL DIE FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Not the goldfish!!!!! :( :cry: :( :cry: :(
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:I'm sorry, I got here late, but it just has to be said:

Mr. Administrator wrote:
DEAR MS. FEY,

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Not the goldfish!!!!! :( :cry: :( :cry: :(

All of my fish die for no reason whatsoever without Mr. A's help. Seriously, I bought this really nice tank and equipment, but whenever fish got in there, they would die inexplicably within a short time. I did everything I was supposed to, but contrived coincidences came up and boom, dead fish.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Sicon112 wrote:All of my fish die for no reason whatsoever without Mr. A's help. Seriously, I bought this really nice tank and equipment, but whenever fish got in there, they would die inexplicably within a short time. I did everything I was supposed to, but contrived coincidences came up and boom, dead fish.

*glomps Sicon to comfort him about dead fish* It could be worse. My cousins used to keep fish, until one of their fish, which was not supposed to be a carnivorous fish, ATE all the others, got really fat, and then died, to all indications, of loneliness. Which it had brought upon itself.

Uh... Back on-topic...
So am I the only one who's gotten replies from Morgan? (Also, I repeat, out of combining respect for her wishes and our need to stay united as a tram, please come to me in private chat in the chatroom for information on her second letter to me. I don't want to betray anyone's confidences.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:All of my fish die for no reason whatsoever without Mr. A's help. Seriously, I bought this really nice tank and equipment, but whenever fish got in there, they would die inexplicably within a short time. I did everything I was supposed to, but contrived coincidences came up and boom, dead fish.

*glomps Sicon to comfort him about dead fish* It could be worse. My cousins used to keep fish, until one of their fish, which was not supposed to be a carnivorous fish, ATE all the others, got really fat, and then died, to all indications, of loneliness. Which it had brought upon itself.

Uh... Back on-topic...
So am I the only one who's gotten replies from Morgan? (Also, I repeat, out of combining respect for her wishes and our need to stay united as a tram, please come to me in private chat in the chatroom for information on her second letter to me. I don't want to betray anyone's confidences.)

Like I told you earlier on the chat, I had only sent the e-mail a little while ago, which was several hours after you recieved your letter. I'm assuming she's likely in the same time zone as me, which means she's probably been sleeping since then, so who knows how long before she gets back to sending more replies? She's probably a very busy woman. I'll let you all know as soon as I get a reply.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:So am I the only one who's gotten replies from Morgan? (Also, I repeat, out of combining respect for her wishes and our need to stay united as a tram, please come to me in private chat in the chatroom for information on her second letter to me. I don't want to betray anyone's confidences.)

I've sent an email and got a brief "I don't have time to write a full response but want to let you know I will" type reply. I'm waiting until I get her follow-up to post the exchange.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 pm

No reply for me.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby H22 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm

On your email, Scarab:

I think it is pretty much perfect. The reason she calls herself Morgan, by the way, is because it is an original form of her name.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm

H22 wrote:On your email, Scarab:

I think it is pretty much perfect. The reason she calls herself Morgan, by the way, is because it is an original form of her name.

Ahhh I see. Well that explains that, then.

And thanks :) I still have no idea who this third party might be, but... We could come up with something, I'm sure.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:32 pm

I would like to point out, Scarab, that with a little further work, the Cabal may actually buy into the idea of letting us care for the fragments for a bit. After all, Mr. A has them NOW, so letting us get them cannot be worse than letting them stay where they are, and if that is the only way we cooperate, then they do get SOME gain out of that situation. Even if, in the worst case scenario (for them) we give them back to A, they are no worse than they were, and they have been moved, so A has less time to hide and secure them. Plus, they are less safe in our possession than guarded by A's agents, so it is possible for the Cabal to steal them.

It's all about how you phrase the question. ;) Also, yes, I know the Cabal are reading this. Even if I AM admittedly trying to persuade them to take this path, they should A) expect that of me, and B) realize that the points I make are true anyhow, so it's a perfectly valid option.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I would like to point out, Scarab, that with a little further work, the Cabal may actually buy into the idea of letting us care for the fragments for a bit. After all, Mr. A has them NOW, so letting us get them cannot be worse than letting them stay where they are, and if that is the only way we cooperate, then they do get SOME gain out of that situation. Even if, in the worst case scenario (for them) we give them back to A, they are no worse than they were, and they have been moved, so A has less time to hide and secure them. Plus, they are less safe in our possession than guarded by A's agents, so it is possible for the Cabal to steal them.
It's all about how you phrase the question. ;) Also, yes, I know the Cabal are reading this. Even if I AM admittedly trying to persuade them to take this path, they should A) expect that of me, and B) realize that the points I make are true anyhow, so it's a perfectly valid option.

Personally, I think getting us to keep hold of the fragments is the ideal compromise here, at the very least so they'll be in the hands of people I actually trust, namely you guys, and we can act as and when nessecary. I'm not sure if Morgan will go for it, based on my email, she hasn't replied yet, but they'd certainly be no worse off than she is now, and Mister A, likewise, wouldn't have to worry about u 'betraying' him, because we wouldn't be doing so unless it became suddenly and immediately obvious that he's been lying to us about absolutely everything.

I got the email right, didn't I? morgana@pheeble.net?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 pm

I suggest, in response to the things you just put in the other threat, that we move to inform Mr. A of this possible plan, and then, before he has a chance to react, link him directly to Morgan's predictions for his behavior. Do not SAY we are doing it yet, though we have not decided, but suggest the possibility and then explain your reasoning. He must realize that there are people in this group who WILL go after the pieces, and SOME will at least be recovered by the Cabal, assuming the situation does not drastically alter in the short term. Should we choose to pressure him on this point, he will be trapped in a scenario with very few escape routes. Should it become obvious that members of our group will go to retrieve the locations, logically he should be forced into a concession on this point.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm

I got a reply for my own email. I'll new-post here because I just edited it into my previous post for consistency.
Direct link to my first exchange: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=740&p=28300#p28300
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 pm

I know this is for email discussion, but it directly relates to what Morgana suggested to Scarab.
I floated the idea to A, and he told me EXACTLY why that's not a viable option:

Mr Administrator wrote:THE WALL PIECE WILL MERGE BACK INTO THE WALL IF REMOVED FROM THE PROTECTIONS WE PLACED AROUND IT. A PHYSICAL SHELL WILL REMAIN, BUT THE CABAL WILL BE THAT MUCH CLOSER TO THEIR GOAL.

He also confirmed, in response to Pixel's query, that the piece taken by the Cabal has already re-merged with the Wall.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I know this is for email discussion, but it directly relates to what Morgana suggested to Scarab.
I floated the idea to A, and he told me EXACTLY why that's not a viable option:

Mr Administrator wrote:THE WALL PIECE WILL MERGE BACK INTO THE WALL IF REMOVED FROM THE PROTECTIONS WE PLACED AROUND IT. A PHYSICAL SHELL WILL REMAIN, BUT THE CABAL WILL BE THAT MUCH CLOSER TO THEIR GOAL.

He also confirmed, in response to Pixel's query, that the piece taken by the Cabal has already re-merged with the Wall.

Well, that is bad, but not unforeseen. Right, I'll get back to brainstorming.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Tohrinha on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 pm

The Cabal's lost control of Pan's prosecutor. So no chance of help there.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:35 am

OK, I just read Toh's latest received e-mail and SOMETHING is smelling fishy around here. I'm calling bullsh*t. Morgan's whole thing about living through adaptions and looping timestreams is baloney. No other fictionals have shown this type of behavior. Only the Cabal are saying these things. In fact, from the echo we collected for Morgan and by her own admissions it is pretty clear that when she showed up she had no idea what was going on and no idea about her nature. What, this knowledge just magically appeared in her head after being here for so long? Then why hasn't it happened to anyone else, hmmmmmm?

Until I get a coherent explanation, my BS detector is going to keep ringing.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 am

So, based on what she told me in her e-mail to me, as well as one other, the pieces do not appear to have a harmful effect on fictionals, and she is at a complete loss as to what had been causing Holme's illness. This further complicates the mystery. I'm wondering if we should take this new info to Holme's, or is he dealing with too much as it is? I don't know.

Now, about the other matter. She does say that they are working on something to benefit Joan, but will not give an open apology since that'd be hard to do without revealing her more about the wall and the fictionals, which I can understand. But then she says she will take suggestions about what to do about Joe. I like the idea of that. Personally, I think only Joe can tell us what would be enough to count as a satisfactory apology. For myself, I think having the Cabal, all of them, assure Joe that they will not harm him, and that he is safe to return home, would be a nice start. Any other ideas? Has any one been able to reach Joe?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Next

Return to The Cabal